cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Trending at Sephora
|

What's New Wednesday: Contouring Magic

contouring 3.11.jpg

Not born with perfect bone structure? No problem! Try contouring to sculpt and slim or accentuate your features using shadow and highlight shades. Selecting and applying the right tones can be a bit tricky, but these cool new products make it a breeze to shape, blend, and put your best face forward. - Kris G. 

Kevyn Aucoin The Art of Sculpting & Defining

This palette of buildable powders is perfect for beginners. The included step-by-step book guides you through the application process for supreme, foolproof results without looking overly made up. The powder formula also mattifies for those with shinier complexions, and the shades work on most skintones. This one is great for those new to the trend.

Tarte The Sculptor Contouring Face Slenderizer

If you’re looking for a more portable or precise solution, or just prefer a cream format, this stick is for you. Just draw a line and blend with your fingertips under cheekbones, along the sides of the nose, or under the chin—anywhere you want to accentuate your features. This stick is also compact enough to fit in a purse for application anywhere.

Sephora Collection Pro Contour #79

Precise, natural blending is the trickiest part of contouring. This Pro brush has a tapered tip and offers complete precision for powder application, plus expert blending for cream and liquid formulations. Made with the perfect blend of natural and synthetic fibers, it creates a seamless sculpted look, even in hard-to-reach areas.

What's new on the site that's caught your eye this week? Show and Tell! 

Re: What's New Wednesday: Contouring Magic

I recently bought the tarte slendorizer stick and tried to used a real techniques stippling blush to blend but it didn't work. any ideas on a brush that would work?

I recently bought Giorgio Armani's Si perfume. At first I liked the smell but when I sprayed it on myself it was too strong for my liking. Do you have any advice as to what I should do to make it smell less strong?

Thanks candace!

@DiVWA  - I would say probably Park Ave Princess, I used shade 3 today in the Tarte and it's super dark (perfect for deep skin tones though)!

I'm so glad Sephora started to carry Kevyn Aucoin (& Giorgio Armani!) I already have KA's Highligher in Candlelight and KA Contouring Powder in Medium, and they are among the best in their respective categories. Definitely will repurchase from Sephora!  🙂

Candace, which Tarte color of pencil is closest to the Smashbox contour pencil in the Smashbox trio set? I love the Smashbox contour pencil (its color and how smoothly it applies and blend) but just found out it has an ingredient I have to avoid.

I'm quite happy with the KA contouring book - although I knew it was very small before I bought it 🙂 It was a good deal to try out so many different products, if you aren't looking for large products. I rarely hit pan on powders anyways - so I'm pleased! The products are such great quality, too. 

I'm really curious about the Sculptor 🙂 

I really want the KA contouring book. Looks like a great way to try a bunch of products from his line!

I have the KVD palette and I am having a lot of fun playing with it. I want to see the KA book in person but I might get it or just the Sculpt.

I was in store earlier this week and bought the tarte slenderizer in the deepest shade. It's really pigmented, easy to blend, and I would say a neutral tone. I have other contour products but this stick is the easiest to use when I want to contour without too much effort and blending. 

@ minibux:  I feel you on the reddish tint; I can't contour with anything remotely warm. My sister is very warm-toned, and her contour with Too Faced Milk Chocolate Soleil looks really good. I look like a hot mess with it. I really love my MAC Pro contouring powder, so I'll be sticking to that!

Hiya,

I have the new KA book, as well as the Tarte. I was very disappointed in the size of the KA! It's 4.5" wide x 5" tall. Tiny!

Inside, the shades are equally as small. #1 and #2 are the same size of a MAC eyeshadow refill (1" diameter circle. 

#3-#6 are 1-1/8" wide x 6/8" tall. 

VERY little product. Read the reviews. Mostly everyone is disappointed/surprised at the size. Esp for the price. I was expecting a normal sized book, tbh. 

As for the Tarte, it has the Tarte name, but you can find almost the same product in the CoverGirl TruBlend Concealer Sticks. The Tarte has a reddish tint to it, which I find to be unflattering on my extremely pale skin. (MAC NW/NC 5-10). I need a white mixer for most foundations. I actually find the CoverGirl colors to have more of an ashy undertone vs the Tarte. I use the D1,2,3 under my foundation and blendblendblend prior to adding foundation lightly over it for a very natural look.

Honestly...Save your money on both items. Just imho. 

I bit the bullet on on the pro contour #79, and while it bled a little after it's initial wash, the bristles are holding up well. The ferrule is still "tight" and the brush feels very soft against the skin! Very impressed so far.

@Anonymous  - So I've smelled Whiskey and Mimosa and they're AMAZING. Now I think I have to have them all. I'm particularly interested in the layering aspect!

Anonymous Insider

The new Commodity scents were a surprise!

15 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 15 replies
  • 11 Hearts Given
  • 12 Contributors
Photos1
  • contouring 3.11.jpg
testing