Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Trending at Sephora
|

What's New Wednesday: Brow Faves

Is it just me, or are brows having a moment? I can't scroll through my Instagram feed these days without drooling over endless photos of artfully crafted arches. Call it #browenvy. In any case, I want in, so these new picks on Sephora.com are going straight into my cart!

brows 5.28.jpg

Anastasia Beverly Hills DIPBROW™ Pomade

I just attended a conference with all of our Sephora Store Education Leads, and every.single.one of them was wearing Anastasia Dip Brow. And they all looked fierce. #sold 

MAKE UP FOR EVER Aqua Brow Kit

I can't be the only one who does her brows on vacation, right? With this kit, you get everything you need for the perfect arch in a convenient travel-sized case, and all of your hard brow work won't come off in the pool!

TOO FACED Brow Envy Brow Shaping & Defining Kit

Tweezers, primer AND a highlighter? This palette is the pocket knife of brow domination.

Tarte The Brow Architect™ Brow Shaper, Liner & Definer

Fine, yes, I do my brows after I shower at the gym, too (I basically don't go anywhere without them done, can you tell?). I fully plan on throwing this guy in my gym bag so I'm always prepared. 

What's new on the site that you've got your eye on this week (and what do you use on YOUR brows)?

Show and Tell!

Re: What's New Wednesday: Brow Faves

I use ABH Brow Wiz+ ABH Brow powder duo. I have the Dipbrow, but I can't seem to get it to look any less harsh. I feel like I'm not doing it correctly and I'm actually looking through threads to try to find kiki1517's suggestions.

I just put the entire Buxom Love Dolly collection on my wishlist because I can't decide if I want the lipstick/liner and gloss or the lipstick/liner and lipstick. Also a bunch of Makeup Forever's brushes...I only own one, but it is the highest quality brush!

Hi ireneh,

If you are looking for a cooler shade to try in Anastasia's Brow Wiz, I recommend trying the shade Soft Brown. 🙂 

<3, Randee

I use the ADB in dark brown because I have "cooler" tone to my brown/black hair. The shade "brunette" in the duo is slightly warmer than I thought, though I can still make it work.

What cooler-toned shade would I be in for the brow wiz?

I'm waiting for the Dipbrow to come out in Taupe this fall.  In the meantime, I'm using MUFE Aqua Brow in the lightest color.  Now that I've finally got the hang of it, I really like it.  I had been using the Anastasia Brow Pen and Duo Powder.  It looked decent, but I was getting tired of how quickly I was going through the Brow Pens.

Anonymous Insider

I use Benefit Cosmetic's GimmeBrow in medium/dark. It's a really natural looking dark brown. It saves me a lot of time because the fibers adheres to your skin and hairs creating the appearance of fuller brows. Since I barely have any hairs on the ends of my brows, I just draw hair like strokes with a brow pencil and add a little eyeshadow in a dark brown. 

mpas, I do whichever I feel like! Sometimes it'll match my actual eyebrow colour, sometimes my hair. But my eyebrows and hair aren't too far apart, colour-wise.

I currently use Tarte's brow mousse and I love it.

Good question, mpas! I like my eyebrows to be the same shade as my hair or a little bit lighter. My eyebrows are naturally really dark brown, so if I match my eyebrow powder or pencil to the eyebrow hairs, it would look a bit too dark!

<3, Randee

Ok gals, here's a question: Do you match your eyebrow makeup choice to your eyebrow color or hair color? 

Ive been dying my hair a dark auburn lately so I'm not sure if I should try that route.  My natural brows are dark brown.  My natural color on my head is a bit more brassy.  My brow hairs are naturally long so powders look cakey.  Gah!

I'm with miabt, the Diorshow Brow Styler Ultra-Fine Precision Brow Pencil is everything! Pair that with a trusty set of Tweezerman tweezers and it's brow perfection.

Anonymous Insider

For the love of brows!!  I'm a huge fan of the Diorshow Brow Styler Ultra-Fine Precision Brow Pencil.  I dye my hair a lot & no matter the shade, it ALWAYS matches!!  The DipBrow is amazing, but I cant seem to find the right shade to match just yet.  My go-to right now is the Tarte Brow Mousse & I love it.  It looks natural & is super easy to work with 🙂

I use ABH Brow Powder and Brow Wiz now, but I'm super excited to try Brow Dip. I was worried about the "evil queen" look too; good to know a little goes a long way!

I've been using the ABH Brow Wiz 🙂

Right now, I'm using the Dipbrow in dark brown, I love it! I use a tiny touch of it and works for both my brows. Since my hair is highlighted now, I think I need to purchase the warmer shade/chocolate.

❤️ Melissa

You are so right Candace, brows are what it's all about!

I go between using the ABH's Dipbrow and the ABH Brow Wiz Pencil/Brow Powder/Clear Brow Gel combo. I'm still getting the hang of the Dipbrow so that takes me a bit longer in the morning but I do love the results. I can do a quick natural brow with the Pencil/Powder/Gel combo so that's pretty much my go to when I'm in a rush.

BUT, I have been eyeing a few new brow items, and that Tarte Brow Architect looks very interesting.  I will probably pick up a few new items in the next couple of weeks to play with over the summer!

ABH Dipbrow is amazing!  A little goes a long way & you most definitely need a light touch. @nomzCookie I would give it a second & third try before taking it back. My first few attempts I totally looked like the Evil Queen.  After reading through threads & taking @kiki1517's suggestions I finally got the beautifully sculpted brows I was looking for. 

My favorite products are MUFE Aqua Brow in color 30 and nyx concealer :3 its drugstore but works wonders ! Blends well and very creamy :3 i recently bought ABH pomade and a powder and I'm still trying them out 

I'm a total believer in ABH's Dipbrow Pomade. I can create everything from natural looks to extremely sculpted brows. I love it!

I've been eyeing the Becca Beach Tint Shimmer Souffles as far as new products go. 🙂

I use Anastasia's Brow Powder Duo, Brow Pencil and Clear Brow Gel! I'm also pretty obsessed with eyebrows too :)!

I have added Tarte's The Slenderizer Contouring Brush and Sephora Collection's Luster Matte-Wear Lip Color to my wish list this week ;). 

<3, Randee

Speaking of the Anastasia Dipbrow pomade, I finally got some once it came back in stock...but it looks so stark and painted on on my eyebrows. I prefer a natural look so will be returning. 😕

19 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 19 replies
  • 14 Hearts Given
  • 17 Contributors
Photos1
  • brows 5.28.jpg
testing