Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Trending at Sephora
|

What's New Thursday: Beauty Matches

Flash poll BeautyTalkers: How many of you have managed to pull yourself away from BeautyTalk for a moment to check out The Beauty Board? I don't know about you, but I can spend hours down that rabbit hole checking out all of the awesome beauty looks posted by real-life ladies (albeit ones that are selfie-taking masters). So I'm super excited to highlight a new feature on The Beauty Board that's not only fun, but useful too! 

Our new "Beauty Matches" feature on The Beauty Board allows you to search photos by eye color, hair color and skin tone so you can get inspired by beauty lovers who look like you. Logged in and have your BI profile filled out with your color IQ? Just click "Use my Beauty Insider Profile" in the Beauty Matches drop down menu and it will pull the information directly from your profile. I've been playing with it since we launched on Monday (okay, since before we launched, I do work here :)), and have already found about a dozen products to add to my Loves List from fellow 2R12 ladies. It's a pretty addicting (pun intended!) feature, which as fellow beauty enablers, I think you will love. 

All you have to do is visit The Beauty Board and click "Find Beauty Matches" in the top left corner of the page. Check it out!

beauty matches pr screenshot.jpg

Re: What's New Thursday: Beauty Matches

This looks like fun. Im excited for it

Anonymous Insider

This sounds amazing. I know what I'm doing tonight ....

This is ahhmzing! Super excited to try it out! Thanks for the tip!

@Anonymous - We determined the filters based on the attributes users fill out in their BI profiles (so that the information could pull directly from it), so we have not talked about eye shape as that's not in the BI profile info. Super interesting though, but to do people know their eye shapes? (Do I know my eye shape?)

This seems like a lot of fun, this is my first time posting 🙂 hey everyone!

Anonymous Insider

@Candacebt Any thoughts on putting in a filter on eye shape? or do you think that would be a pain for folks to indicate?

@DiVWA - The Beauty Board is reached from the home page by clicking on the red "How-To's" button next to advice in the top nav. And yes to both, you can edit and delete! 

Glad you guys are into the new feature! 

Great feature! Makes things way easier to search for.  I'm glad you let us know about it.

I love looking at the Beauty Board.  My cell camera takes lousy pictures, and all the ones I see on the Beauty Board look super photoshopped and professional.  Mine would be an ill fit, so I do not share.

Wouldn't hate "a new (super addicting) feature" on BT sometime... jus sayin... 

This looks super fun! Thanks Candace 🙂

thanks for the heads up! I just checked it out; what fun!  Great new feature!

O this is too much fun lol. Now I want to contribute in my own awkward way to the beauty board...I'll figure out how eventually☺️

That's cool and almost slightly creepy haha.

Interesting. I posted my lipstick look from a day or two ago.

Two questions though:

How is Beauty Board reached from Sephora home page?

Will I be able to edit and/or delete my submission?

@Titian06 Definitely play around with it, it's super fun!

Hi, Candace!  I took a quick look at this new feature.  I look forward to having more time (maybe this weekend) to experiment with this tool--it looks interesting!  🙂

17 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 17 replies
  • 28 Hearts Given
  • 15 Contributors
Photos1
  • beauty matches pr screenshot.jpg
testing