cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Trending at Sephora
|

Welcome, VIB Rouge!

rouge 7.25.jpg

It's here! Welcome to the top, darlings (in my best Starletta8 voice). You guys have been talking about it for weeks, but VIB Rouge is officially on deck.

In case you're not aware (where have you been??), VIB Rouge is Sephora's new premium membership tier. Spend $1K in a calendar year and you get awesome new benefits like free shipping on ALL orders, unlimited access to the Sephora Beauty Studio, exclusive Rouge events and gifts (I've heard about some of what's coming, it's insane), and much more. I know, $1k seems like a lot, but given how many new Rouge badges I've seen popping up around the community I think BeautyTalkers may be over-represented in this particular category! (A blow dryer here, a UD lipstick there, a new Algenist serum and...it adds up, trust me. :))

I've seen a lot of BT'ers wondering how far they are from reaching Rouge. To you, I offer this exclusive BeautyTalk hack, straight from an ingenious community member (I now can't remember what thread I first saw it in, but if it was from you, speak up!):

1. Sign into your sephora.com account.

2. Put a higher priced item or two in your basket (Say a Clarisonic kit and a ghd flat iron)

3. If you are within about $150, a little banner will pop up at the top of your basket letting you know how far you are from qualifying for Rouge.

4. Do the math (add the price of your items to the $ amount in the banner).

5. Keep shopping (optional, but encouraged) #enablersanonymous

So, who has gotten their Rouge Welcome kit? You know I want to see it. Post a pic in the comments!

Learn more about VIB Rouge> http://seph.me/18BZ2xH

Got a question? Get the FAQs> http://seph.me/1469LST

Re: Welcome, VIB Rouge!

Do the red cards still exist? I didn't receive one with my little red brush but I would love to get one. Perhaps in stores? 🙂

@SurprisedLemur I got my card in-store just a few days ago after qualifying for Rouge with online purchases. I did have to ask to get the card, so you might want to make a note to remind yourself. (It's easy to forget to ask for a new card at the counter when using points cards, promos, redeeming rewards, etc.) I am glad I was able to get the card as it is a reliable way to get purchase points and it cuts through the extra step of having to give your phone #, email address or whatever. Because of this, I will always keep my Rouge card with me when shopping. Congrats on making Rouge! 🎉 😎 Lucky you to get the brush. I got the clutch and I do like it, but wish I could get the brush, too. *sigh* Feeling like a spoiled Rouge now, LOL. 😂

@SurprisedLemur they no longer give them out when you become Rouge but sometimes they have them at the cash register. Try asking next time you're in store.

Not sure about rouge but when I first hit VIB earlier this year (I know - first time ever making VIB and only a few months later hitting Rouge....😂), I asked for a new physical card and they gave me a super cute VIB card. I would assume it’s the same for Rouge! Just ask at the cash ☺️

Look at how excited everyone was a small 5 years ago! When getting the red card was something special! Now...nobody can be pleased. It’s not enough. We need more. We’re entitled. It’s all such a bummer. 

Yes, this, @darlyndar! So many angry people when, all things considered, this is a free loyalty program and you choose to opt in and then spend money. I live in a major metropolitan area (in the US... I can’t speak for my friends up north) and there are so many options for in store and online shopping. Sephora has never done me “wrong” and I keep going back to them - partly because of the loyalty program.

In the words of Call Your Girlfriend podcast, Capitalism is a dirty game. It’s hard for corporations to “care” about customers when they’re making so much money... that the consumers spend. 

@scott1201 I totally agree. I live in Canada where we don’t have as many options so Sephora is my fav place to spend my money. I love the loyalty program and I don’t live close to a store now so I always wait for a need gift with purchase before I buy anything and when I get the gift I feel so special I love it! Being rouge and free shipping makes it totally worth my while. If I had to pay $5-$10 an order I would probably spend $1000 on shipping charges! When I did live close to a store I often was treated to mini facials offered by the girls on the floor or makeovers offered by different company’s that were in store for events. I never even had to ask. They always asked me if they could do one on me.  

Anonymous Insider

Please help me how can i get rouge vib 

@Anonymous @flamingolegs It’s also $1000 for Canada!

You need to spend $1000 a calendar year with Sephora.  That's for US, I'm not sure if it's the same for Canada.

I FINALLY went in to Sephora to get my card. When I asked for it the lady was all excited. I couldn't believe how nice she was. It was shocking. After I made my purchase, I asked for a sample of cologne my dad and she said, "anything you want mama" I was like --- what the?! overall, it was a nice experience and well, it shouldn't be like that only to VIBROUGE ....wish they were like that to everyone... IMO

Hey ladies! I just made Rouge... can't wait to get my card!!! Also, this now explains why I don'heavyweight any money in my savings account, it all goes to sephora,

Anonymous Insider

How do you got ROUGE , do you need to buy over 200$ so you can get ROUGE VIB 

Don't have my BI card on me, but excited for VIB Rouge. I wonder how many of us are out there! 

photo-2.JPG

Anonymous Insider

I haven't stopped into my local sephora in a while : I

But I received an email about this yesterday and I'm excited to get my welcome package and see what kinds of rewards are available! 😄 I've already got my wishlist ready for my next visit. 

I just made Rouge! So excited to receive my welcome kit ❤️ 🙂

Yaaay! I'm only $160 away from VIB Rouge! Am going travelling for a few weeks but when I get back, BAM!!

Yay!!!...got the email today...I'm going tomorrow ...another reason to go buy something at Sephora...lol I've been 3 times in less than 2 weeks. 

@starletta8 - you should become a mod 🙂

@jenblush -that would be so awesome if we could actually meet each other and go makeup crazy together.

I am so excited about this whole rouge thing, and these pics are encouraging me to go pick mine up at sephora in the morning 🙂 I'm lovin the red! It inspired me to wear red-ish lipstick today

Ah, love the shout-out!

Im geeked out that the back of the card is the same shiny red!

33 Replies
Conversation Stats
Photos3
  • rouge 7.25.jpg
  • 2013-07-25 16.11.10.jpg
  • photo-2.JPG
testing