Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Trending at Sephora
|

Weekly Beauty Challenge: Your Skincare Regimen

True story: There is a woman in our office whose nightly skincare routine consists of 15 different products. Now, as the girl in the corner hoarding nail polishes, I never judge people on their product obsessions. But it did get me thinking about skincare routines and how they are so varied and personalized. And because I'm nosy and I know we have more than our fair share of skincare junkies in the BT community, I want details!

So for this week's Beauty Challenge, let's talk regimens. What's your daily (or nightly, or both) skincare regimen? Be sure to mention what type of skin you have (so that we can help and enable each other) and as always, bonus points if you post a pic!

Show & Tell!

skincare regimen 7.22.jpg

Re: Weekly Beauty Challenge: Your Skincare Regimen

I have very oily (bud dehyrdated) skin that is acne prone (and I also pick at things...naughy, I know :-\)

Morning:

Liz Earle Hot Cloth Cleanser (as a precleanse)

Kate Somerville Detox Daily Cleanser

Liz Earle Instant Boost Skin Tonic or Michael Todd Blue Green Algae Toner (alternating because the Blue Green Algae Toner has antibacterial properties - great when I have a breakout; and Liz Earle because its moisturizing and balances my skin nicely)

DDF Benzoil Peroxide Gel as a spot treatment

Shiseido Urban Defense SPF 42

Clinique DDMG w/ a drop of JM Argan Oil for added moisture.

Night:

Simple MU wipe or Boscia Make Up Break Up Cool Cleansing Oil to remove makeup.

Fresh Soy Face Cleanser with Clarisonic Mia

Mario Badescu Glycolic Acid Toner (when I don't use a mask)

DDF Salicylic Acid Acne Treatment

Peter Thomas Roth VIZ-1000 Hyaluronic Acid Serum

JM Argan Oil

Masks (Each 1x per week):

Liz Earle Deep Cleansing Mask

REN Glycol Lactic Radiance Renewal Mask

*after these, I use the Michael Todd Toner*

I use the Ole Henriksen Youth Activating Oil & Bare Minerals Foaming Face Scrub & they work GREAT together.

@candacebt, Thanks! Lol i didn't think about all the "a's" when i made the account! Skincare is the one thing i find incredibly important! And It's an Avon Bag, i saw it in one the booklets and had to have it! I used it for my Skincare products at first but it was so incredibly packed and didn't fit half of it so i found another use for it! 

Here's my routine:

1. Caudalie cleansing water

2. Clinique Clarifying Lotion 2

3. Clinique Laser Focus Repairwear Serum

4. Clinique Repairwear Laser Focus eye cream

5. Clinique DDML (right now DDMG for summer) or Moisture Surge

6. Clinique Dark Circle Corrector for Eyes

7. Supergoop SPF 30 City Serum or Algenist sunscreen SPF 50

For night, more of the same, except I'm washing my face as well, so:

8.  Caudalie Cleansing Water

9.  Laura Mercier Skin Polish (2x/week)

10. Clinique Liquid Facial Soap-Mild (with Clarisonic Plus nightly only)

11.  " "          Clarifying Lotion 2

12.  " "          Repairwear Laser Focus Serum

13.  " "          Repairwear Laser Focus Eye Cream

14.  " "          DDMG

15.  " "          Repairwear Intensive Night Cream

16.  " "          Fresh Sugar Intensive Lip Therapy

i have dry skin.

hmmmm, 15, eh? ok, here we go:

Morning

1. clarisonic + murad vitamin C cleanser

2. Obagi 20 vitamin C serum

3. Sisley all day all year moisturizer

4. Hourglass mineral veil primer

5. Dennis Gross retinol eye gel

6. Natura Bisse the cure sheer eye

Evening

7. Bioderma Sensibio

8. sometimes Caudalie cleansing water instead of Bioderma when I want to indulge

9. Lancome bifacial eyemakeup remover

10. Ren cleansing balm with muslin cloth

11. sometimes I use Organic Pharmacy carrot butter instead

12. Radical Skincare exfoliating pads

13. Replenix retinol serum

14. Prevage night cream

15. Shiseido bioperformance eye cream

16. Lip balm, various brands from Neutrogena to Korres to vaseline

Weekly

17. Ren radiance renewal mask

18. MD forte facial cleanser II

In drier weather I add

19. couple drops of Argan oil to my moisturizer

i'll stop there and if i think of it, i'll post a photo later when i get home. i have hundreds of other products that i've used but not regularly.

@Meg82 - I think that they do recommend also cleaning after using the cleansing wipes, but honestly I don't usually, and the cleansing wipes are better than nothing! Especially since I wash my face every morning. At night I'll usually use my Boscia or Philosophy Cleansing Oil and wipe it off with a cleansing wipe, that way my face doesn't feel dry and tight.

@Kalex - have you tried the Algenist Retinol Serum? After doing all of that research and hearing good things about it I want to check it out.

@arielaaaaaa (btw, I think I spell your name w/ a different # of a's every time I right back to you. :)) - Yaaaay skincare junkies! Your collection is impression. I'm in love with the little case you have for your samples. I have YET to figure out a good way to store all of my skincare samples. They're all over the place and it's getting a little ridiculous.

@consolvo - Try the First Aid Beauty 5 in 1 eye cream! It is a little pricey, but it's great.

@curly0306 - I've never heard of this cerave brand (and we don't sell it, so it must not exist :)). But I'm intrigued!

1. cerave am lotion (morning)

2. cerave foaming wash (morning)

3. aczone acne gel (morning & night)

4. desodine lotion (morning & night) It helps keep my redness down on my cheeks.

5. cerave moisturizing lotion (night)

6. cerave hydrating cleanser (night)

Once a week I've been using my clarisonic mia 2 with the delicate brush head and I use dermalogica's daily microexfoliant once a week as well.

For reference I have very sensitive, acne prone, combination skin. It was quite difficult to find products that work for me. The only thing I've been trying to get rid of now are my pesky blackheads and trying to lessen my facial redness. If anyone has some suggestions I would appreciate it! 🙂 Oh and I just ordered the aztec healing clay mask, so I'm excited to try that out. 

Anonymous Insider

1. Perricone Nutritive Cleanser w/ Clarisonic (Evening: Korres Pomegranite wipe)

2. Koh Gen Do cleansing water

3. Lancome Rénergie Lift Multi-Action Eye

4. Dior Capture Totale One Essential Serum - I got 5 of the 100 pt. perk size - (Evening: Murad Rapid Age Spot and Pigment Lightening Serum)

5. Multi-Perfecting Pore Corrector Gel Moisturizer

6. Lancome Bienfait Multi-vital - SPF 30 Cream (Evening: Korres Greek Yoghurt Sleeping Facial)

7. Peter Thomas Roth Un-wrinkle Pink Ice Lip Balm (no longer available)

Weekly or bi-weekly

8. ExfoliKate

9. GlamGlow  Super-Mud™ Clearing Treatment

I substitute other things when I get samples or deluxe samples, but that is the base of my skin care regimen. The only thing I need to replace at the moment is the eye cream. It's not working up to my expectations and pricing.

@Candacebt. Well to make up for it, I think I probably have the shortest morning routine.

Also, that's my summer regimen. My winter regimen's a different set. =X

Oh boy this will take me awhile. Hi I'm Ariel and I'm a Skin Care Junkie! The pics only show about Half to 3/4 of what i have. But these are what i use on a daily, weekly basis!

For the record my skin is Extremely dry, Acne Prone, and i have some pretty bad Acne scars. 

Cleansers

IMG_0031.jpg

Clarisonic Mia 2, sensitive brush head

Murad Clarifying Cleanser

Origins Checks and Balances cleanser

Korres 3-1 Milk Protein Emulsion

And i keep my Ole Henrikson Walnut Scrub there too. 

I use these on a daily basis, Murad at night with Clarisonic and i alternate with the Origins and Korres during the day

Treatments, Mask, Exfoliator, Moisturizers 

IMG_0030.jpg

Toners- Boscia clear complexion Tonic(morning), Murad Clarifying Toner(Night)

GlamGlow Super Mud (spot treatment as needed)

S&G Fab Pore Facial( Few times a month)

Fresh Sugar Face Polish(Once a week)

Fresh Rose Face Mask(multiple times a week)

Origins Drink up Mask(once a week)

Origins Drink up Intensive overnight mask(new but i will most likely use this every other night)

Ole Henrikson Power Peel

Korres Wild Rose Sleeping Facial (Every other night)

Murad Exfoliating Acne Treatment Gel(Every Night)

Murad Skin perfecting lotion(Every other day)

Murad Clarifying Mask(Couple times a month)

Algenist Triple Action Micro-polish and Peel(Few times a month)

Kate Somerville ExfoliKate( Once a week)

Josie Maran Argan Oil (mix it with my moisturizer and foundation daily)

Josie Maran Infinity Cream(Use it for lips at night)

And Makeup up removers are in there as well. 

And also i have other things in the back of the drawer i don't use/like much

Travel sized, Deluxe Samples

IMG_0029.jpg

Soap and Glory Face wash (use this in the morning alternating with other cleansers)

Murad Pomegranate Exfoliating Mask

I forget the name but the dark packet is a cucumber mask

OH Truth Serum (Day time)

Josie Maran Argan Oil moisturizer SPF 40 (Use when going outside)

Murad Spot treatment

Glamglow Youth Mud

Ren Glycol Lactic Radiacne renewal mask (3 samples)

Origins Charcoal Mask

Origins Mask a difference Plus

Murad Radiance-C Mask

And other samples, i occasionally use these when i want to do something different.

I have combination (in summer my tzone is oily and my cheeks are normal) acne-prone skin.

Right now my A.M routine is:

Murad Acne and Wrinkle Reducer - Not sure how much I like it.  Doesn't seem to do much.

Boscia Enlivening Amino Eye Treatment - Meh

Josie Maran Argan Daily Moisturizer - Hate the smell.  Like it for my cheeks but too greasy for my t-zone right now.  Which is why I use...

Erno Laszlo Shake It Tinted Treatment - On my t-zone to absorb the extra moisture and add additional coverage on my acne scarred skin.

Kiehls Skin Tone Correcting BB Cream - Like it a lot!  Not sure if it's my favorite yet though.

PM:

Josie Maran Argan Cleansing Oil - I'm taking a break from my Clarisonic to see what my skin will do so I decided to give this a whirl.  I like it but I'm not wowed - the search for an HG cleanser will continue.

Boscia Enlivening Amino Eye Treatment

Boscia Oil Free Nightly Hydration - It's hydrating enough now but it won't be in winter when my skin is normal/dry.

PTR Retinol Fusion PM - I use this every few days.  Any more often and my forehead gets super flaky.  I haven't seen results in my forehead lines.  Need suggestions!

I have the simplest skincare routine ever.

In the shower, sometimes morning sometimes night, I use purpose cleanser and once a week I substitute St. Ives cleanser for the purpose.  

If I showered at night, in the morning I use one of those face wipe thingies, i think the brand might be called basic.  

Then I use FAB facial radiance pads and 5 in 1 moisturizer.   Then makeup.

In the evening I use sephora makeup removing wipes.

Question: if I use makeup removing wipes do I need additional cleansing at night or am I all good?

@beautytester - I'm embarrassed to even say how low key my skincare routine is, lol. I love products (and I still have a ton), but getting to 15 is a stretch! I'd have to break it out into once a week and "bi-monthly" treatments.

But YES Rose Salve. ALWAYS.

Hmmm, 15 items eh. Let's see, not every day but every week:

1. Koh Gen Do cleansing water (makeup remover)

2. Boots no.7 conditioning mud mask (or Murad clarifying if I need something heavy duty)

3. Clinique exfoliating scrub

4. Fresh Rose mask

5. lip scrub

Daily:

6. Origin Checks & Balances cleanser

7. Clinique toner 2

8. Ole Henriksen Truth Serum

9. Shiseido White Luscent eye cream

10. Clinique Moisture Surge

11. rose salve

hmmm, I'm a little short of 15 aren't I. That won't do. Occasionally...

12. Origins No Puffery eye mask for dry eyes

13. Origins Super Spot Remover for pimples

14. Caudalie Beauty Elixir if I'm feeling stuffy

15. Hand lotion.....ok now I'm stretching it 

That's my night routine. My day skincare routine = cleanse with water/towel + Bliss Fabulous spf 15 + Fresh Sugar lip balm spf 15. Done.

Woot! Pictures! I loooove First Aid Beauty. I use their 5 in 1 Eye Cream too! I need to try the Radiance Pads and the serum.

Anonymous Insider

skincare.jpg

I have sensitive skin that is dry/combination.  I get hormonal breakouts along my jawline, but my skin gets dry too.  

Make Up Forever Sens'Eyes Eyes makeup remover and Sephora Waterproof eye makeup remover--the MUF is great for all over and I use the sephora on a qtip if I need to get tiny areas without precision.  

First Aid Beauty Face Cleanser--it is gentle, but effective. It removes my makeup and leave my face clean without over drying.  I alternate this with the First Aid Beauty Face Polish when I need more exfoliation.  

First Aid Beauty Facial Radiance Pads-it gently exfoliates and tones. I feel like it helps my skin stay clear.

First Aid Beauty Facial Radiance Serum--I LOVE this serum. It is lightweight. It has given my skin a glow and a clearer, smoother appearance. This is my HG.

First Aid Beauty Daily Face Cream--moisturizes just enough but doesn't clog pores or feel greasy.

First Aid Beauty 5 in 1 Eye Cream--I think it works well and moisturizes without migrating into my eyes.

As you can tell I'm pretty brand loyal to First Aid Beauty, but I've found it's rare to find a brand where you like so many products.  I'm so glad I tried them.  

16 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 16 replies
  • 22 Hearts Given
  • 12 Contributors
Photos5
  • skincare regimen 7.22.jpg
  • skincare.jpg
  • IMG_0031.jpg
  • IMG_0030.jpg
  • IMG_0029.jpg
testing