Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Trending at Sephora
|

Weekly Beauty Challenge: Try a New Lip

True confession: I don’t usually wear lipstick in the office.

Shocking, right?

Granted, I always have some sort of lip product on—like Rosebud Salve (my fave!) or my UD Lip Junkie in Naked, or one of the many Fresh Sugar Lip Treatments I own (I think the current count is 5). But lipstick? Hardly ever.

But after seeing these crazy-cool lip looks on Sephora's Glossy, I’m inspired to do something different!

OCC_Wall.jpg

Now I realize most ladies can’t roll into their jobs sporting a sci-fi pout, so if you don’t want to go all out, no worries. All I’m asking is that you try something new.

Prefer a nude lip? Try a berry!
Just a gloss kind of girl? Wear a stain!
All red all the time? Go nude!

Me? I’m going to rock fuchsia lipstick in the office tomorrow. ALL DAY.

Go ahead and step out of your comfort zone this week. Then Show & Tell your look in the comments!

If you’re really up for the challenge, find out how to get these out-of-this-world looks on Sephora’s Glossy> http://seph.me/ZZHuVh

Re: Weekly Beauty Challenge: Try a New Lip

As promised, I didn't want to leave the brave ladies who took our beauty challenge hanging, so here's a pic of my fuchsia lips! I used a combo of Ellis Faas (a little known but AMAZING brand) Creamy Lips in Deep Fuchsia, and NARS lipstick in Funny Face on top.

With a lip primer & the staying power of these two products, I only had to reapply once the whole day!

red lip.jpg

ellis faas.jpg+  NARS funny face.jpg

EF> http://seph.me/YIuCGi

NARS> http://seph.me/ZsEznh

You still have until Monday to complete this week's Beauty Challenge and post your lip! Try something new out this weekend!

xo,

C

@greengaia-  those lips are stunning! You look like a porcelain doll.

@greengaia that red lip is gorgeous on you! Thanks for posting!

Photo on 2012-11-01 at 17.56 #2.jpg

I was up to the challenge! Here I am boasting neon red lips on a casual, do-nothing day. 
It's a totally classic shade- Revlon Fire & Ice!

I have the MAC Viva Glam from last year that I have shied away from. I'm thinking this is a good way to bring it back out, mix it with another color and change it up! Plus, I just ordered the Tarte Timeless and Aqualillies palette, so excited to get those!

Sorry I forgot to add I've been using their Lavender and love their Violet shade as well..... so many amazing colors to choose from

LOL at random pic of janinebt's lips!  they are definitely gorgeous though and I really love those colors!

I love Bite Beauty Lip products

Right now I am wearing OCC Lip Tar in Anime, a super bright fuschia pink. 😄 I love this color and its just perfect for spring!

How fun! I'm usually prone to wearing a nude or pink lip but have been trying to branch out to brighter shades of color for the spring. I've noticed a LOT of magazines putting emphasis on the tangerine-coral-peach-orange lip variations which I wore a ton last season for our Pantone collection but looks like its a great time to bring them out again! 🙂

Luv&Lipgloss, Diana

I have a weird/random(ish) question about this lip thing. I know that putting powder on it makes it last longer, and I know sometimes people use eye make up on the lips to achieve a specific effect but aren't you ever worried you will accidentally eat the powder/eye make up? I don't lick my lips often, but I don't always wipe my mouth before I eat, so I never put powder on lips eventho I want to try cuz I'm paranoid about eating my make up. =X

Wow I've never used shadow on my lips, that looks awesome! I LOVE the Bite Beauty Lipsticks, I have Vouvray and Bouquet and cant wait to get some more because the formula is sooooo amazing and the color range is spectacular!

Anonymous Insider

Super cute color ^.^

Ha! I found it!  You guys didn't know Janinebt was a lip model, did you? We did this shoot a while ago for "3-D" lip looks. This is just a lipstick with an eyeshadow pressed into the middle of the top and bottom lips. Simple and stunning!

We used Bite Beauty Luminous Creme Lipstick in Musk with Urban Decay Eyeshadow in Scratch on top.

janine ombre.jpg

bite musk.jpg+    ud scratch.jpg

Bite: http://seph.me/14m0Hax

UD: http://seph.me/1063Yp6

Sorry to bust you out Janine, but this is so cute I had to show it off. 🙂

Anonymous Insider

YAY!! Other people finally showing off 😄

@MoreGun89 I love it! And you guys are so cute! That deep red looks really stunning on you, thanks for sharing.

@kalex - post a pic of your red lips! That's *sorta* like wearing it out of the house, right? 😉

@drrragon - you can use anything to achieve a new look, really. Mix in a sparkly eyeshadow with your lip gloss, use a different colored lip pencil to outline a lighter color and shade it for an ombre look...the fun is in the experimenting!

@sephoramusthave - I can't wait to see your look!

And guys, JanineBT is being modest, she's excellent with different lip looks. If I can dig up that ombre lip photo shoot we did with her a while back I'm totally posting it.

As promised, I am wearing BRIGHT fuchsia lipstick in the office today. I'll come back and post a pic, I don't to leave @MoreGun89 hanging :).

Great thread! I've pretty much been living in soft pretty pinks lately and since I used up the color yesterday that I've been reaching for every day lately, this thread has come as a perfect time! When I choose what look I want to go for, I'll come back on here.

Anonymous Insider

It's always fun to try something out of the norm. I'm generally pretty good when it comes to experimenting with different lip looks. Today I'm wearing a deeper nude lip, but I'm no stranger to reds, deep purples, and everything in between.

MoreGun89, the red on you is stunning goes very well with your eye makeup, hair color, and skin tone! Where ya been traveling to and fro? I love hearing travel stories!

I've been wishing I could wear red lipstick for a long time but never think it looks "right" on me.  So I'll half-way participate by wearing red lipstick around the house the rest of the week just to get used to seeing myself in it.  I'll let you know if end up wearing it out!

25 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 25 replies
  • 43 Hearts Given
  • 13 Contributors
Photos10
  • OCC_Wall.jpg
  • Engagement Dinner
  • Lip Gloss
  • janine ombre.jpg
  • bite musk.jpg
  • ud scratch.jpg