Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Trending at Sephora
|

Weekly Beauty Challenge: Sweet 15

As you may have noticed, we're celebrating our birthday! That's right, Sephora has turned 15. We may be young, but we've seen A LOT of beauty trends come and go.

So for this week's Beauty Challenge, I thought it would be fun to have a little throwback moment. Let's hear it, what was your beauty look at 15?

You can participate in this challenge in a number of ways: 1. Explain your look (with bonus points for details of crazy beauty trends you fell victim to), 2. Recreate your 15 year old look and snap a pic, or 3. Post a pic of your 15-year-old self (which is clearly the most fun).

And just so you don't feel alone, I've posted a pic of 15-year-old Candace for your amusement (what WAS I doing with my bangs?)

Show & Tell in the comments!

sweet 15th_6.3.jpg

Re: Weekly Beauty Challenge: Sweet 15

@sephoramusthave - I wasn't allowed to "officially" wear makeup until I was 16, but somehow I got my hands on this crazy dark red lipstick that I would sneak and put on the minute I got to school (Mom, if you're reading, this, I'm sorry!). 🙂

@Spyski - What a cool pic! And your hair sounds awesome. How long did you keep that process up? lol

Haha what a funny post idea! I fell victim to not wearing sunscreen and having little knowledge on makeup at the time. Oh, and OVER PLUCKING my eyebrows which I'm still trying to grow out over the past 9 years. Although I look back on my hairstyle being one of those, "Why did I do that? styles...I remember getting a lot of compliments for pulling it off. How did I do it you may ask? Practice. Literally. It took time to tame my hair to stick straight up after blow drying it upside down and spraying it with a freeze hairspray. People were very curious and were always wanting to touch my hair. Wind was the devil, always took my hair out of shape! Here's the only pic I have of myself at 15 that I can get my hands on at the moment. Sorry for the fuzzy photo editing, that was also the time I started messing around with photography.

hair15

I wore absolutely no makeup when I was 15, just lipbalm for dry lips. I didn't really wear any actual makeup until around 19 and even then, it was the bare minimum.

I've come a loooong way makeup wise 😄

Conversation Stats
  • 23 replies
  • 11 Hearts Given
  • 16 Contributors
Photos2
  • sweet 15th_6.3.jpg
  • hair15
testing