Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Trending at Sephora
|

Weekly Beauty Challenge: Sunburn Soothers

Street fairs. Backyard barbecues. Beach volleyball. With summer comes a host of opportunities for fun in the sun. But le soleil is a fickle frenemy; let your guard down for even a minute and you're likely to get burned.

Our intrepid editorial team took a trip to a Sephora store to talk with cast members about which products they recommend to clients who are in need of relief from too much sun exposure; their picks are below.

But this being BeautyTalk, naturally I want to hear from you. What products do YOU use to soothe your sun scorch? Show & Tell!

sunsoothers_8.5.jpg

Cast picks: First Aid Beauty Aloe + Soothing Gel (available in stores), Korres Yoghurt CoolingKate Somerville Quench Hydrating Mask, Boscia Cool Blue Calming Mask, Miracle Skin™ Transformer Heal Everything Balm, Fresh Rose Face Mask, Murad Overnight Soothing Gel For Red, Irritated Skin, Perricone MD Vitamin C Ester Serum

Anonymous Insider

Re: Weekly Beauty Challenge: Sunburn Soothers

Aloe, Tylenol, tons of water & Maui Babe After Browning Lotion Tan Enhancer and Healer are my go-tos.  I also have the Korres Yoghurt Cooling Gel is also in my arsenal, in case I really burn!

First Aid Beauty Ultra Repair Cream works wonderfully.  My sister and brother in law put it on after a day at the beach (they got really sunburned) and it worked like a charm, cooling without stinging.

Like Kiki, I don't burn too often, thankfully. However, if I can tell that I've burned, before it even starts really showing, I make sure to use a hydrating aloe vera gel. Right now, I have a giant 20 oz tube of Fruit of the Earth After Sun Gel that does wonders. The other day, I only intended to pop out in the sun for 20 minutes or so, and I wound up out there for about 5 hours. When I got back inside, I could tell my neck was going to burn, so I put the aloe right on, and though it did get a little pink, it didn't actually turn into an angry burn or peel.

@Lee9, I think your sensitive skin would love the products in Kate Somerville's Goat Milk line!

It has a face cream and body cream, both are enriched with goat milk, aloe, amino acids, coconut and sweet almond extract, avocado extract, honey, and natural botanicals!

Anonymous Insider

When it comes to things like sunburn, I want to avoid unnatural products. With my already sensitive skin, finding the right face products is already tough - so when my skin is actually burned or irritated, I just switch to all-natural remedies.

I use aloe right from the plant itself.

I dip cotton balls in a mixture of goat's milk and honey, then apply these all over my face. After about 20 minutes, I'll take off the cotton balls and rinse my face with a mixture of green tea and rice water, then pat dry.

I wash my face with Burt's Bees Soap Bark and Chamomile cream cleanser, which is hydrating enough to go without moisturizer.

I do use a lot of natural remedies for my sunburn, but I am sure to wash these off and let my skin breathe for most of the day/night. I think that's important for healing and soothing. Lots of people can tend to go crazy in order to treat something, which can actually make things worse if you're not careful. Just be patient.

On top of aloe based products, I love taking oatmeal baths to soothe tired, sun drenched skin! It's nourishing, calms inflammation and irritation, relieves itchiness from when skin is sunburned!

I haven't used any high end products as I don't burn often. I got a sample of this with my sunscreen at the drugstore and had to pick up the full size. I loooove the smell! 

Hawaiian Tropic Silk Hydration Aftersun

7 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 7 replies
  • 6 Hearts Given
  • 7 Contributors
Photos1
  • sunsoothers_8.5.jpg
testing