candacebt

Weekly Beauty Challenge: Rep your team!

(0) Hearts

Ladies (and gents), I am not so proud to admit that even though we are having the MOST beautiful late summer in the Bay Area in years, I sat on my bum in the house all day yesterday watching football. I could blame it on my boyfriend, but I'm just as excited that the season has started as he is!

Because we are a community of many interests, I look to you, BeautyTalk, for support (and validation).

For this week's Beauty (sort of) Challenge, we're doing a BeautyTalk roll call: Who's your team? Have you created any looks to support them on game day? Feel free to mention if you haven't yet but plan to, and as always, extra credit for pics!

Show & Tell!

football 9.9.jpg

And now that I'm thinking about it, we should just keep this post going. If you do a beauty look to rep your team this season, post a pic here and show it off!

Comments
malday

Denver Broncos! I haven't done any looks yet, I'm still looking for the perfect orange polish!

kimchikween
(0) Hearts

@malday - is this close?  I have a hard time finding the right shade for my alma mater (burnt orange)

nichelle02
(0) Hearts

Minnesota Vikings! I didn't do anything on Sunday but I will soon. I'm sure they lost because I wasn't wearing purple. Ha! Anyway, I'm traveling to London and will be watching them play the Steelers in person on the 29th. So, I'll have to represent the purple and gold on that day. I'm not exactly sure what I will do but I plan on using my new Chanel Taboo for the purple.

S159583_XLARGE.jpg

candacebt

@malday - Um, well why didn't you say something?? :smileyhappy:

Sephora Collection Color Hit nail polish in Trick or Treat
http://seph.me/15MzCQC

sc orange.jpg

Also, I took the liberty cooking up some search results for you> http://seph.me/18JJfeX

Btw, it's kind of my hobby to find polish colors that are exact matches for sports teams (weird, I know), so if anyone else has a request let me know!

candacebt
(0) Hearts

@nichelle02 - that's a really pretty purple! Just throwing this out there, but in case you need some other options for color combinations (and I think something with a swirl to represent Viking horns would be really cute). Again, it's a hobby.

Givenchy Acoustic Purple
http://seph.me/17S63c9

givenchy purple.jpg

Color Hit Nail Polish Klein Blue
http://seph.me/17S60xe

givenchy purple.jpg

OCC Nail Lacquer in Traffic
http://seph.me/13C9tQF

occ yellow.jpg

JenJenz
(0) Hearts

I'm also a Broncos fan and might need to pick up that Sephora polish now! Thank you candacebt :smileyhappy:

Ooh, and the Sephora My Favorite Jeans polish looks like it will pair perfectly! 

nichelle02
(0) Hearts

@candacebt - nicely done! I hadn't thought of doing a Vikings horn swirl. I'm not that talented beyond doing straight lines. And those purples are pretty spot on. The combination is perfect. You're making me rethink my Taboo!

Kiki1517

Seattle Seahawks :smileyvery-happy: I will post if I do a look on gameday, unfortunately I was at a bday party yesterday, so I didn't get to bust out the gear.

malday
(0) Hearts

@candacebt too perfect! Thank you! My mom will be happy that I'll be able to give her a game day mani now!

malday
(0) Hearts

@kimchikween Bronco orange is just straight up almost neon orange! Have you tried Sephora by OPI I Think I Cayenne for yours? It's a nice rusty orange from the Spice Market set which is on sale right now :smileyhappy:

bgirling
(0) Hearts

candacebt

@malday - Yay! Glad to help!

@Kiki517 - You're gonna need the perfect teal for that one, that will be a pretty look! (Related: you're going DOWN next week vs my Niners. :smileyhappy:

candacebt
(0) Hearts

@bgirling - I love that! Steelers?

dianabt
(0) Hearts

FUNNNN I was drenched in football yesterday and surprisingly, still have NO polish on my fingers! 

I'm notorious for game day nail designs.. primarily baseball but I know when to represent my red and gold 49ers!!

49.jpg

And another previous one...(i'll just share two because if I post all my game day nails you guys will think i'm nuts :smileywink: 

492.jpg

And seeing as I ordered myself a new football jersey, that means I need a new nail pattern to match. LOL 

bgirling
(0) Hearts

@candacebt Yessiree.  Love my black and gold.  I hope to figure out a different design each week.

ry22
(0) Hearts

I'm a Indianapolis Colts fan :smileyhappy: I'm thinking their colors could make some cute eyeshadow too, with a white lid and blue in the crease/outer third or as liner... hmmm

DTalksAll
(0) Hearts

Please keep this post going all football season! I normally paint my nails for Saturday Michigan Wolverine games (Maze & Blue). I get too lazy to paint them again on Sunday for the Giants (Red, White & Blue), but they are so inconsistent my good luck rituals never seem to work :smileysad: 

Titian06
(0) Hearts

Pittsburgh Steelers & The Ohio State University!

janinebt
(0) Hearts

You guys are all certainly repping. I'm the most un-sporty person in all of the bay area, but I often wear red nails so I guess that's my own unofficial way of showing my 49er pride.

dianabt
(0) Hearts

LOL Janine no black and silver??? 

Kiki1517
(0) Hearts

1239861_439877672799729_1753179208_n.jpg

Kiki1517
(0) Hearts

FYI that lightning storm in Seattle was actually pretty crazy, we were driving and I think I kept screaming lol.

candacebt

@Kiki1517 - Cuuuuute!! Your kids are adorbz, and I love the teal look! It *almost* makes up for the fact that ya'll pounced on my 49ers. :smileyhappy: 

makeupobesessed
(0) Hearts

I will be wearing purple for the Superbowl Champions, the Ravens!  As of right now, I have a plain purple on left from the weekend for the game.

candacebt
(0) Hearts

@makeupobesessed - May I suggest a Jewelry Top Coat to compliment your look? :smileyhappy:

sc plum fairies.jpg

Sephora Collection Sugar Plum Fairies Gone Wild> http://seph.me/165ixBv

ketaG
(0) Hearts

theNO.jpg C360_2013-09-23-16-24-28-854.jpg THE N.O. SAINTS.. BLACK AND GOLD! 3-0

candacebt
(0) Hearts

Ha! Love it! 

Article Stats
  • 27 comments
  • 6 hearts
  • 14 in conversation
    • DTalksAll
    • malday
    • dianabt
    • ry22
    • janinebt