Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Trending at Sephora
|

Weekly Beauty Challenge: Name Your Look

Among the many fun and personal touches that Marc Jacobs added to his beauty collaboration with Sephora, one of the touches I particularly love is how he named all of his Eye-Conic Palettes after an iconic beauty look that he loves, and then included corresponding colors in the collection to get that look. I think that it speaks to his philosophy that beauty is supposed to be fun and aspirational, with a little bit of fantasy thrown in for good measure.

So for this week's Beauty Challenge, let's sound off: If you had to name your signature beauty look, what would you call it? I'm super excited about your responses, btw. I think this is going to be a fun one. Show & Tell!

mj2.jpg

Anonymous Insider

Re: Weekly Beauty Challenge: Name Your Look

Modernized Pin up! With simple eyeshadow colors I can wear it with jeans and Converse, but with a steady hand, false lashes and bolder shadows it becomes an edgier/dressed up look! Fun and laid back or diva-ish - either way it's gotta have the liquid liner cateye, well groomed and defined brows, bronzer, and defined/full lip!

Growing up down south I'd say Southern Sassy - classic colors with a fun and flirty edge.

Id have to say 'The California Girl' Coral, pinks bronzers, shimmery highlighter etc!

❤️ Melissa

I used to wear the Mod look, but I have toned it down to (Zzzzz Zzzzzz) Boring Neutrals.  I know it's a classy look, but people would think I'm over-the-top if I put on too much color. I do like to play up the lip and I will really love to pull out the stops come Halloween!  However, most days I wear the "Whatever-Can-Get-Slapped-On" look.

@beautylovingirl - Would that require me to be sophisticated? Sounds like a lot of work. 😉

Anonymous Insider

@candace-How about Sephora Sophisticate? 😛

@warriorwitch - ooh I like that!

How about "Model Employee"?

Ha, these are great ladies! I knew this one would be fun. My beauty motto is always more like "be low key, but look like you have some sense (and that you work for Sephora), but I don't know what I would call that. 🙂 

Between Little Pretty and The Mod depending on what mood Im in 🙂

I'm actually pretty romantic when it comes to my makeup looks. Semi-matte skin, fuller brows, soft brown smoky eyes, rosy cheeks and lips. While I do like to change things up, this is usually my favorite

I'm actually kind of redefining it but for go-to makeup, huge smokey eye with some sort of color rather than a neutral or the classic red lip, black liner clean look.

P.S. I asked my long-suffering and indulgent partner and he said my look was "Natural Glowing with polished lip."

I'm pretty into highlighting my natural beauty/best features, and a subtle daily look (though I have no problem with more make up for fun -- and love to play around to get the BEST natural look with the highest quality make up, great ingredients, and amazing finishes).  

Recently took to some flattering highlighting and contouring.  I want to look polished, with great glowing skin, highlighted eyes (long lashes), and natural but healthy lips -- or occasionally, a bright lip or simple mod cat eye.

What to call it?  

"Polished Soft Focus" ?! on a daily basis.

"Flattering Simple Date-Night Mod" for a special evening? hehe

Anonymous Insider

"small child playing with Mom's makeup" is how I feel every time I try any look that isn't extremely subtle / neutral 😉 We all have to start somewhere though!

Anonymous Insider

Bold but Beautiful- In translation of Marc Jacobs words I would be the Mod Look.

"Vampy Siren." Bold, and alluring.

The Silenced Glamour 

My looks aren't so so dramatic but they're definitely a hint of glamour and classic. 

I just thought of a good one, "The No-Makeup (look) Maven".

^^^ "The Hot Mess" literally made me LOL!  🙂 

I USED to be "the vamp" with really heavy eye makeup and lashes and nude lips but lately I've gone to "The Boring" with just mascara and lipgloss. I tried to spice it up today and wore bright red lipstick and put on eyeliner! 

Luv&Lipgloss, Diana
28 Replies
Conversation Stats
Photos1
  • mj2.jpg
testing