Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Trending at Sephora
|

Weekly Beauty Challenge: Favorite Lip Color

It has been discussed in these pages (by me), that I do not often wear lipstick to work, despite my occupation. But that doesn't mean that I don't love love love lip color. I usually have anywhere between 5-10 lip products in my bag, all varying shades and textures of pink. I live for a pink lip, and I spend a good part of my life (and my wallet) searching for ways to achieve the perfect one.

For this week's Beauty Challenge, snap a pic of your favorite lip color (either on your lips...or not), then Show & Tell in the comments!

Also, feel free to share how many lip products you have in your bag right now. It will make me feel like less of a hoarder. 🙂

fave lip color 5.13.jpg

What's your favorite lip color?

Shop lips> http://seph.me/10lZr4s

Re: Weekly Beauty Challenge: Favorite Lip Color

i love all lip colors; reds, nude and pink  i cant go wrong with any of them, but my absolute addiction is matte lips!

in my purse at the moment is:

mac diva

mac up the amp

wet n wild mauve outta here ( probably my absolute fave!)

rimmel airy fairy ( which was my first lipstick tube that i finished, probably on my third)

mac candy yum yum ( love the color but its very drying! ;(   )

As much as i LOVE lippies and its been my favorite thing to buy strangely enough i don't usually carry many since i wear it in the morning and it lasts throughout half the day. My favorite lip colors to wear are purples - deep ones/ not vampy, fuchsia and pinks

- MAC lovelorn lipstick

- BUXOM melanie lip gloss--- discontinued 

- Jack Black balm - currently the natural mint flavor

I'm all about deep pinks and reds. The former for a professional setting, the later for night.

I carry a small makeup bag (the VIB Sephora + Pantone Emerald), so I only have chapstick, Dior Lip Glow, and 1-2 lipsticks in it at a time.

I'm currently reaching for:

• Chanel Rouge Coco Shine Pygmalion (I think this might be a HG pink for me)
  • Dior Addict Diablotine Lipstick + Gloss (Amazing poppy red/coral leaning on me)
  • Le Metier de Beaute Colour Core Dubai (amazing cool pink/purple on me)
  • Clinique Chubby Stick Intense- 02 Chunkiest Chili (for a professional red)

I was able to snag Clinique Runway Coral in its limited re-release and I keep staring at it. I just wish I was bold enough to try it out!

Soooo pretty ladies! @lolo01 - I love the YSL Rouge Volupte. The colors are beautiful, it actually tastes pretty good (lol) and it looks so chic when I pull it out of my purse. 🙂

IMG_20130514_1-1.png

At the moment Im loving the YSL NO12 e8960e7c03cb2a18_004001.jpg Bottom photo courtesy of The Makeup Blogette

http://retailtherapy.onsugar.com/YSL-Rouge-Volupte-Shine-12-Corail-Incandescent-28204341

Everyday nudeI love this nude lipstick from Too Faced. Creamy and casual, but it still makes me feel sexy in a Brigitte Bardot way. 

http://www.sephora.com/la-creme-P374933?skuId=1442292

Oh, how I love conversations about lip products. Great picks, ladies!

Anonymous Insider

@kalex- Honesty is something I'll always give if you ask a question. Any thing else will just be a waste of time for you.

I need that Nars Isola Bella (lips with the peach)! It looked so lovely and when I tried it, I loved it even more. Right now I've been a bit obsessed with the Lip Tars and have been mixing Starling and Authentic.

My favorite lip colors right now are Buxom Amsterdam (natural rose), Nars Gipsy (sheer red), Revlon Really Red (blue red), Tarte lip luster in Lust (sheer red-brighter than gipsy), and MUFE lip gloss in S18 (sheer rose).

@kalex: Yes, feel free to post one! I also feel like the pictures above involve airbrushing, too, even more so than any injectible or even lip plumping product, but that's just me. 😛

I've always been a nude/pink lipstick kind of girl. 

Illamasqua LIV

NAR Turkish Delight Gloss

Revlon Soft Nude 

Revlon Strawberry Shortcake Lip Butter

Lime Crime Coquette

NARS Pure Matte Lipstick in Madere

well those are the only ones i can think from the top of my head

I'm all about opaque dark reds and berries.  My all-time favorite is MAC's Endless Drama, but lately I've been using Lipstick Queen's Wine Sinner a lot.  It's a little brighter, so of the two it's easier to pull off when I haven't slept well.

I try to only carry two lip colors with me at a time -- usually whatever I'm wearing and a Revlon Lip Butter in Sugar Plum, my current low-key color of choice.  If I listed all of the lip colors I owned, however, it'd be pretty embarrassing.  Lip color was what got me hooked on cosmetics in the first place.

@beautylovingirl - I'm sure your lips are perfectly pretty!  It does drive me nuts to see perfect lips in pictures though too.  I have full lips and I never quite know what to do with the edge of my bottom lip in terms of concealing or lining it with color. 

I should post a pic and see what you lovelies think.  I know you'll give me honest opinions!

Ultimate Fave - nude/mauve-ish tan with some shimmer or hint of metallic is my fave hue. though I probably have a more shades of pink then that hue in my bag.

here is the current list of what's in my train case(s)

- Benefit: Ultra Plush Lipgloss - Hoola (Mini)

- Burts Bees: 100% Natural Lipgloss - Sunny Day

- Clinique: Chubby Stick - Whole Lotta Honey

- Clinique: butter shine lipstick - Pink-a-boo

- Clinique: Long last Glosswear gloss longtemps - Goldspun

- Clinique: Almost Lipstick - Black Honey

- Fresh - Tinted Lip Balm - Sugar Rose (Mini)

- Kat von 😧 lightning Lipgloss - Sexer

- Kat von 😧 true Romace Lipgloss - bow & Arrow

- MAC: Lipglass - Enchantress

- MAC: Lipglass - Viva La Glam V1

- Nars: velvet matte lip pencil - Cruella

- NYX: Round Case Lipstick - Athena

- Revlon: colorstay ulitmate suede -  Runway

- Sonia Kashuk : Satin Luxe Lip color - soft nude

- Ulta: lipcolor: Buff Shimmer

- Urban Decay: Lip Junkie Lipgloss - Naked (mini)

Anonymous Insider

I wish my lips were as pretty as the girls in all of these pictures. I could have them that way but not willing to do the needles in order to make my look like that for now I guess I'll just stick with the lip plumpers:)

@candacebt: Me too! NARS does such amazing color, from basic everyday to really out-there brights. Cruising and Pago Pago are my staples, but I really love Heat Wave and Schiap (I can barely pull off Schiap, but I love the color so much that I sheer it out and try). 🙂

PINK! 😄 I have 25+ lipsticks (drugstore and high end) and most of them are pink. I have a couple nudes and reds but those don't get used nearly as much.

In my purse I have 6 lipsticks ( burts bees lip shimmers and rimmel London) and 3 lipbalms (burts bees, blistex, nivea). I don't carry any other makeup with me, so I don't care. And I never carry my high end lipsticks with me because if they melt or get lost or get dirty they will be too expensive to replace.

Anonymous Insider

I've recently just gotten back into my Chanel Allure velvet in LA DISTINGUEE' it's a limited edition from Chanel and also loving the new Lorac Coture Shine in Trend Setter.

Hourglass Opaque Rouge Liquid Lipstick in Muse in my #1 favorite. Perfect for Spring!

Close second in Tarte Glamazon Lipstick in Bold. My 2nd favorite!!

And my third fav is Lancome Rouge In Love Lip color in Jolis Matins, Which i have on right now!

I love Coral and Peach Lipsticks the best! I think they are so pretty in general and work well for my skin tone!! I have 20+ Lipstick but these are the ones i always wear. 🙂

24 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 24 replies
  • 29 Hearts Given
  • 17 Contributors
Photos4
  • fave lip color 5.13.jpg
  • Everyday nude
  • IMG_20130514_1-1.png
  • e8960e7c03cb2a18_004001.jpg
testing