Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Trending at Sephora
|

Weekly Beauty Challenge: COY Inspired

Can I be honest, BeautyTalkers (we're all friends here, right)? As much as I love beautiful Emerald earrings or a Tangerine Tango mani, I had a little trouble wearing both of those colors, you know, on my face. 

But last week here at Sephora HQ we tried the new Radiant Orchid products on a bunch of staffers to see how they looked on different skintones, and surprise! (like, I really was surprised,) the color looked great on everyone.

So for this week's Beauty Challenge, I want to know: Have you tried a Color Of the Year inspired look or do you own any Radiant Orchid-hued products? (They don't have to actually be from the Sephora + Pantone Universe Collection, but that would be great, obvs.)

Show and Tell!  

coy inspired_3.31.jpg

Anonymous Insider

Re: Weekly Beauty Challenge: COY Inspired

Yes. I have tried the Color Palette in a Sephora's Beauty Class. As a class, we completed the Bird of Paradise makeup example.Phototastic-2014-04-07-16-17-38.jpg

Do you like it?

I love Radiant Orchid because it's open to so many different interpretations! (: I tend to make my orchid looks more blue-based and violet-y, but those pinky shades can help temper and brighten. 

BY FAR my favorite item is the blush palette...it's fabulous!

I tried it for the first time at the event last Sunday. I had on another color and one of the MUA suggested that I try it along with my guest. We did and it was fun because I wasn't going anywhere that anyone knew me but it definitely took me out of my comfort zone lol. We used the Sephora + Pantone Lipstick. 

I am in love with Radiant Orchid!  I wear it as a lipstick (currently wearing and loving Bite Beauty's Violet, and I'm getting Lavender soon), I wear it as a nail polish (I actually got one in my Vegan Cut's Beauty Box from LVX), I want to try some blushes, and I will totally wear it as an eyeliner and shadow.  I love this colour.  Love it!  LOVE IT!  Seriously it is the best colour of the year so far.  I am tempted to dye my hair radiant orchid too.

I'm loving the Orchid! And I love my blush palette. To make it "work appropriate" I blend the radiant orchid with the champagne luminizer.  It ends up being a beautiful lavender. I am considering the eye palette, but it seems like dupes to what I have. 

I have been all over the Radiant Orchid products.  I purchased both the matte lipstick and the sheer gloss stick in Radiant Orchid (or whatever name they gave it) from the Sephora+Pantone line.  I Also have a few Bite Beauty lipsticks that work this color- Lilac, Lavender, and Violet.  I also got the Deborah Lippmann nail polish in BETWEEN THE SHEETS which is a gorgeous shade or orchid. (The description might say fuchsia but I think of it as orchid).  I am still on the look out for a blush that is not too shimmery.  I love this color and I think it's very user friendly!  🙂

I think of Pantone's Radiant Orchid as the inspiration for many shades in that range.  Some people like a little or less pink or red, others want to fine tune the blue undertones.  We don't want everything we wear to completely match.  It's all about shades and degrees.  I am sure that the Radiant Orchid shades from Sephora+Pantone are about as close to home base as you can get.  🙂

I find the Radiant Orchid color interesting.  For example, in the picture above, the nail polish and lipstick are two different colors; and, in my opinion, do not go together.  Which one is Radiant Orchid?  To me, it's the lipstick (of the two).  Unlike Emerald or Tangerine where the colors didn't vary too much from company to company, Radiant Orchid is all over the place!  It would be nice if someone would standardize the Radiant Orchid color.  Lilac and Lavender are not Radiant Orchid.  Berry is not Radiant Orchid.  Anyone what to take a stab at picking a true representation of Radiant Orchid?

BTW, I haven't tried it because I don't know which color to try, and, well, it's not very practical, at least in my little world.  🙂

9 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 9 replies
  • 5 Hearts Given
  • 9 Contributors
Photos2
  • coy inspired_3.31.jpg
  • Phototastic-2014-04-07-16-17-38.jpg
testing