cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Trending at Sephora
|

Trending At Sephora: Nontouring

TAS_10.16.jpg

The latest trend hitting the streets, “nontouring,” evokes a dewy, youthful complexion like the effect of strobing. Only highlights are used to sculpt the contours of the face while giving it a lit-from-within glow and a more neutral daytime look. The fresh-faced effect is achieved through products with a neutral tone and a luminous finish.

Start with a shimmering primer for an allover glow. Next, use a tinted moisturizer or BB cream instead of heavy, full-coverage foundation for a no-makeup look. Finally, grab a highlighter and brush on above the cheekbones, under the browbone, along the bridge of the nose, and on the Cupid’s bow to sculpt and add glowy dimension.

Here are some of our favorites for creating shimmering nontour looks:

BECCA Backlight Priming Filter is the perfect primer for that lit-from-within look. It creates a luminescent, lightweight canvas for makeup that acts like a diffusing filter for a soft-focus, radiant look.

SEPHORA COLLECTION Beauty Amplifier Afterglow primer can be used alone to prime, mixed with a foundation, or used as a luminizer to highlight certain areas of the face. It creates the perfect, naturally-flawless base for makeup or can be applied on top to complete your nontour effect.

Hourglass Ambient Lighting Palette offers three flattering highlight shades with different tones to capture, diffuse, and soften light and refine the complexion’s appearance. Brush this over the high points of your face for a beautiful, youthful glow.

How do you bring out your best features? Show & Tell!

Re: Trending At Sephora: Nontouring

Thats my everyday makeup using Guerlain meteorites all over the face. Someone was mentioning that nontouring is different than strobing because strobing involves a lot of highlights but nontouring is well just everyday looook??? 

I put my concealer (currently IT Cosmetics Bye-Bye-Bye Under Eye) all around the outside of my lip line and blend inward.  I think it makes a difference, does a little somethin'-somethin' to my lips. It can also help stop lip product feathering, if that's an issue. Some people can go a shade lighter to get that extra pop, being that I'm always the lightest color in anything, I just go with what I've got. Hmmmm.....that just made me think of something, I used to use a white concealer and mix it with other colors to get as close to perfect as possible - good news, it was Cover Girl, so less expensive! Yes!! The mix master is back!. Mix my lipsticks too. Note to self - check out drugstore. 

I always do a light shimmer on/above my cheek bone and have started making a "V" around my eyes. Which it simply regular cheekbone area and then lightly above eyebrow. I use really light shimmer there and on Cupids Bow (and I use concealer inside the shadowy area near top of nose, the inner eye area, know what I mean?) I use a bit more shimmer right at the tear duct area - major difference! I'm suddenly awake!

It's funny, I had to laugh when I read what @triestobeclassy and @Cupcakecandy said - I just think of it as my usual contouring routine and that it is funny to see a new name attached to what we've been doing all along. Maybe they mean with a lighter touch?

The new name thing is funny. It's like "binging" vs "mini marathon" or "marathon" of a certain show. That made me laugh. 😁

Yikes.....does this mean we're getting old and possibly set in our ways? 😦 I cop to 29 - I guess it runs in the family, I blame my beloved Grandmother - Every -  Single - Year - she would proclaim, "Oh my, can you believe I'm 83 years old?" No Grandma, we can't, because you say it every single year. She was 83 my entire life. Great lady, so many happy memories. ❤

*Sorry so long, tried to edit down, but it just got longer.

I don't think "nontouring" looks any different from a classic makeup look before the Instagram hype that said, that's why it's beautiful and flattering 

I've contour very lightly and subtly and never really jumped on the trend of an actual sharp cheekbone I highlight in a C shape around eyes and cheeks never on forehead nose or chin though I sometimes like to do my Cupid's bow I find that very pretty but mostly just cheeks or I'll mix with liquid highlight with lotion 

I am peeved because i dislike new terms being used to describe old tricks. Strobing and nontouring are just highlighting done to various degrees, yes?

That being said, I like to gently highlight all the high planes and shade my cheeks. Yep, I still contour a little 😛

I'm in the same boat as Fedele13. When I highlight my nose, I just feel like I look oily. I have been using a little NARS Hot Sand for some subtle shimmer, but I don't think I've found the absolute perfect highlighter for me yet!

Didn't realize but my everyday look already would be considered nontouring. Today I wore Laura Mercier Illuminating Mouisturizer (some days I use Bare Minerals Complexion Rescue), then I applied Laura Mercier translucent powder to my T-zone, Becca Opal to the top of my cheek bones, under brow bone and Cupid's bow. I don't care to use anything illuminating on the nose, just feel like  when I look in the mirror that I look oily or like I'm sweating, that's why after the illuminating moisturizer I feel I need to powder my t-zone. Finished the look with some mascara, tight line top of eye with brown eyeliner, and today Urban Decay Backtalk lipstick. Simple natural everyday look with a glow. 

Oh I have been wanting to try the ambient lighting powder for years so I think I will get it this year duringbthe holidays for sure! I hardly contour anymore and I guess have been nontouring.

How I nontour:

I spray the smashbox primer water followed by the burberry glow #1 all over the face and then a little bit extra on just the high points like the top of the cheek bones. I then apply whatever highlighter I am in the mood for that day, usually becca opal or for day time something more subtle like the Laura Mercier radiance powder in 01. End with another sprtiz of the smashbox primer water or Urban decay all nighter if wearing a full face of makeup (or both 😉 ). I am all about that glow life now, I may leave the house without mascara but no longer with some sort of "glow" on my face. Next I plan to try the cover fx enhancer drops as well as the HG ALP.

7 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 7 replies
  • 21 Hearts Given
  • 8 Contributors
Photos1
  • TAS_10.16.jpg
testing