candacebt

Thursday Throwdown: YSL Lippies

ysllippies 8.15.jpg

It's Thursday, and you know what that means:

1. The weekend is nigh (woot!)

2. It's time for another Thursday Throwdown!

Today, we have the battle of the luxurious lippies, featuring 2 of YSL's most beloved lip products: YVES SAINT LAURENT Rouge Volupté Shine vs YVES SAINT LAURENT ROUGE PUR COUTURE Vernis À Lèvres Glossy Stain. Now I know that these aren't *technically* the same product, but they are close enough that people often debate between the two when in the market for a glam gloss.

So what say ye, BeautyTalk. Which lippy do you prefer?

Throwdown!

Shop the brand> http://seph.me/1eMELWT

(Thursday Throwdown Disclaimer: There are no "winners" or "losers" here, only respectful opinions, based on your preference. So be nice.)

Comments
Spyski

I can't choose. That's like choosing your favorite child! They are both my favorite lip products for two different reasons. I like the Rouge Shine for the perfect amount of shine without over bearing glossiness for a more natural look. Although, I like the Glossy Stains for intense gloss AND a long lasting under coat stain for more ritzy occasions. You really can't go wrong here :smileyvery-happy:

Meg82

I've never tried the Rouge Volupte Shine, mainly because since I discovered the glossy stain I have become obsessed with it and other YSL products seem unnecessary.  The glossy stain is 100% my favorite lip product.  It lasts forever, it doesn't get on my teeth, I can eat, drink, or smoke and it stays on, it feels great on.  Basically it's my favorite beauty product that exists and I can't imagine anything replacing it in my heart.

beautylovingirl

I agree I can't choose one or the other either YSL Lippies are the best ever. Once you start wearing them there's no way you'll just have one!:smileyhappy:

candacebt

Hahahahaha I love these answers! (I feel like an evil genius right now. :smileyhappy:) I figured it would be hard to choose, that's why I did this one. I own both and they really are amazing products. And they make me feel like a diva every time I pull one out of my purse!

janinebt
(0) Hearts

I'm team glossy stain for sure. There are countless brands that carry various high quality lipsticks, but I've never owned anything quite like the glossy stains.

annekevdb
(0) Hearts

Shine - but that is just because I prefer my lippie stuff to be in a stick form rather than something I have to apply w/ an applicator. Of course, I haven't tried the stain and now maybe I need to....

Candy357
(0) Hearts

I have to go with glossy stain! I took the plunge after some lovely advice from the ladies here and I love it!!!!!

nakedlunch212
(0) Hearts

Please! Glossy Stains. No contest. Saturated, buildable color and I don't have to reapply more than twice a day? Glossy Stains FTW.

mafan
(0) Hearts

I went to the store to try out the Glossy Stains for the first time today.  I needed help and we found 3 great colors.  I didn't want to fall in love with 3 great colors.  So now I need to decide which one to get first.  I'm amazed at how much shine I actually still have 3 1/2 hours later!

viviene23
(0) Hearts

Nooo...I love both. If I really have to choose, I'd say glossy stains just because they last longer!

glossyguru
(0) Hearts

The glossy stains for sure! They are amazing!

miabt
(0) Hearts

I have both & while I love the Rouge Volupte, the Glossy Stains are my new true love <3  I apply them once & the color lasts all day!  I dont need to touch up throughout the day... maybe just a little something to moisturize mid-day :smileyhappy:

Littlemermaid81
(0) Hearts

That is tough. I think overall the glossy stains are the more unique product and have a wide colour range. And last forever. That being said the volupte shine is more hydrating and still has great staying power. I own 6 of the first and 2 of the second so I guess that answers it too!

jennypenny1995
(0) Hearts

Shine!!  i saved up and treated myself to one for the Summer.  Incredible!

Neatgurl
(0) Hearts

Theres no way i could pick between both of those... YSL lip products are my favorite!

melissa93
(0) Hearts

SHINE all the WAY! I don't like the smell of the Glossy Stain. :smileyhappy:

melissabt
(0) Hearts

Ahh such a hard decision. I think I like the Glossy Stains better. It has more of a lacquer feel and I prefer a thicker formula!

wendyomgwar
(0) Hearts

Shine! It smells better and I can honestly say that I haven't tried a more luxurious lipstick yet! Quite honestly the L'Oreal glossy stain type things are just as good, hopefully they make their color range larger!

Article Stats
  • 18 comments
  • 7 hearts
  • 18 in conversation
    • melissa93
    • wendyomgwar
    • melissabt
    • jennypenny1995
    • janinebt
    • mafan
    • beautylovingirl
    • viviene23