Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Trending at Sephora
|

TDT: Yes, They're Real, but Do You Even Roller Lash?!

11.12_TDT.jpg

Hello pretties! Since it’s Thursday (shout out to the almost-freakin’-weekend!) and I love a good #TBT I wanted to bring back a BeautyTalk favorite: Throw Down Thursday!

Today, it’s the battle of two beloved, holy grail Benefit mascaras: They’re Real! vs. Roller Lash!

This one’s a toughie because They’re Real! has some die-hard fans but then Roller Lash showed up and changed the mascara game. Both products deliver different results according to your lashes so be sure to let us know your lash texture (i.e. fine/thick, curly/straight).

So let’s hear it! Which Benefit mascara does a better job of getting your lashes on fleek?

Throw down!

(Throw Down Thursday Disclaimer: We are all different and so are our lashes. There are no “winners” or “losers,” only courteous opinions based on your preference. Let’s stay civil!)

Re: TDT: Yes, They're Real, but Do You Even Roller Lash?!

Roller lash mascara is amazing!!! They're real not for me)

Roller lash all the way. It's my substitute for Dior Iconic Curl. I love the Rollerlash brush.

@preciousdreamsx it's okay you're allowed to like both!

It's hard to choose between these two because they are my favorite mascaras from Benefit! But I will have to say I was really impressed with Roller Lash, it really holds a nice curl. I love the wand on They're Real, it really does ensure every lash is covered!

I hate They're Real (and is my least favorite mascara ever). Roller Lash is good, not great. It does hold a curl in my lashes longer than anything else. After using it a few times, it starts to get clumpy. It also flakes off at times and occasionally even rubs off on my face (which They're Real does every time).

Roller lash is my new favorite! It made my lashes look longer and healthier. I have recently though added NARS Audacious in the mix. I use NARS first then use roller lash to finish it off, the two products together really add some extra pop!

@shyvicki I never noticed a difference between getting the different formulas off. Maybe I just wear so much mascara it's always a struggle lol

I like the They're Real, but love the Roller Lash. They're Real gets my lashes long and full, but feels heavy on me and can be hard to remove. The brush on Roller Lash gets all my lashes easily including my corner ones plus gets my lashes long without the weight and comes off easily when I'm ready to take it off. Both last all day on me.

@TeaCupGirl if you're in the market for $25 of Sephora.com merchandise there's a Roller Lash sample in the Cocktail Hour Classics bag with promo code PARTYPICKS. 

http://www.sephora.com/partypicks?icid2=homepage_weeklyspecials_partypicks_110115_image

@Anewxa I'm excited to hear your thoughts on Roller Lash! 

@TeaCupGirl I admire your patience... Can't say the same for myself! Let us know when you try them out!

@gogreyhound I have to be very careful with the bristles on this brush so I've found that rolling the brush through my lashes gets the product on more effectively and prevents clumps more than just applying with the standard technique. Those spikes can be utilized for some amazing lashes so you may want to give that technique a try! I'm glad you like the TDT idea get ready for more 🙂

Add me to the list of Roller Girls! 🙂 I love the formula, the brush, the curl, everything! It gets right up to the base of the lashes, lasts all day and comes off easily.  I tried, oh I tried to like They're Real, but I just couldn't. Between the painful spikes on the brush, the clumpiness, and the inability to get it off without removing half of your eyelashes, it was just a big nope for me.

I also love the TDT Idea!  Thanks!

I actually haven't tried either of them!  I keep hoping for one of them to be in the sample section so I can give them a try.

I dont like they're real and only ever tried 2 deluxe sizes..it flakes so bad and not contact lens friendly for my long lashes. I have a roller lash deluxe sample ill try next and see if thats any better and i do have high hopes for that one tho. 

@silkyskin I agree- they're a perfect pair! Roller Lash gets the product on so easily and They're Real! is great at adding volume and separating for perfectly defined lashes. 

I really do love both and I wear them both, together in fact, but They're Real always has and always will be my first love.

@lylysa I also love the instant curl factor. I'm glad you like it- we will definitely have more TDT topics in the future 🙂

LOL @ShannonAlexis it looks like you aren't the only BTer who wants to Roller Lash into the sunset! I'm sorry to hear about your reaction. Did you ever find out which ingredient caused the swelling? 

They're Real is a nightmare all around. Clumps and will not come off. Roller Lash was much better, but there are dupes for it. But Roller Lash for sure!

I will Roller Lash into the sunset. I had a bad reaction and swelling with They're Real. Plus it clumped really badly. So my swollen eyes didn't even have pretty lashes. Roller lash is great though. I take a tissue to the entire wand a few times first though. 

I prefer Roller Lash over They're Real.  It doesn't smudge on me and I like the wand better.  🙂

25 Replies
Conversation Stats
Photos1
  • 11.12_TDT.jpg
testing