cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Trending at Sephora
|

TDT: Tell Us Your Naked Truth!

TDT_Naked Palettes_V2.jpg

Hi pretties! We're finally approaching the end of the week and you know what that means… Throw Down Thursday!

I’ve noticed that most of our community members are pretty savvy when it comes to eyeshadow palettes and many can boast a large collection. When it comes to palettes, it seems that any collection would be incomplete without a Naked palette. This week we’re comparing two of our fave Urban Decay Naked palettes! There are so many Naked palettes to choose from so I need to know… If you HAD to pick, which would you choose: Naked3 or Naked Smoky?!

Naked3 is perfect for daytime and chock-full of rose golds to create gorgeous neutral looks. Naked Smoky is a nighttime must-have, perfect for dark, smoked out eyes. I know… They’re so different! But I need to know! Which Naked palette do you love the most?

Throw down!

(Throw Down Thursday Disclaimer: There are no “winners” or “losers,” only courteous opinions based on your preference. Let’s stay civil!)

Re: TDT: Tell Us Your Naked Truth!

Wow looks like I need to get my hands on N3 🙂 

Naked 3 all the way.

Naked 3 by far. It really set the scene for rose gold palettes. 

Unfortunately I'd have to say neither. The Naked 3 was unique when it came out, but now those shades are more common. There isn't really anything ground breaking about Naked Smokey and honestly for the price point (which has gone up over the past several years) it's not worth it. There are other palettes out there for less money that are just as good or better. IF they were the only two palettes out there I'd have to go with Smokey. Only because it's easy to make a day and night time look from it. But overall my opinion (take it for what it's worth) is that these palettes are over hyped. 

Well it depends on the occasion. For a simple every day look or for an eye look during the day, the Naked 3 would probably be best. But if you're going out at night, or going to a special event, I would say the Naked Smokey

So many Naked 3 fans here and that has me wondering... If you had to create a darker, smoky eye (perhaps for Friday night out) which palette you'd use... N3 or Smoky? 

Naked 3 for sure! The rose golds and browns are so flattering on my pale skin!

Being that I've been really loving nude eyes and darker lips lately, I would say naked3.  

I may be the only person on the planet who doesn't own a Naked palette. I wouldn't choose either of these if I had to pick simply because the shades wouldn't suit me. I am more drawn to the Naked 2 b/c I don't own any neutral cool leaning palettes. 

Naked 3! Although I haven't had the chance to try either yet, I love Naked 3's array of rose gold shades. They would be very flattering on my complexion/coloring 🙂

Naked 3! I like some of the shades in the Naked Smoky but I don't normally do smoky eyes so the Naked 3 is more suitable for me. 

Naked3. Love the rose gold hues. 

I do agree that both palettes have a lot of fallout! 

Naked3 is on my lids four times a week, but I never travel with it because of fallout. 

I'd LOVE to see a mini palette consisting of Naked3 basics (without the fallout)

That would be my dream travel palette. 

Naked 3 hands down.

I am a huge fan of rose gold and taupe colors. I actually used my Naked 3 today along with a Charlotte Tilbury palette.

Anonymous Insider

I looove the Naked 3!! Prefer the range of colours in this palette, and all the purple undertones. Smoky is a bit to harsh and kinda bland for me 

I'm way in the minority here.  For one simple reason I prefer Smoky over Naked 3 (if I have to pick one): there are more mattes in Smoky!  Way more.  Including matte neutrals.  The shimmer in Naked 3 gets way over the top for every day for me.

I don't own smoky but Naked 3 is my favorite of the three Naked palettes I own.

I have Naked Smoky and I hate it so much.  One of the two highlight shimmer shades has big chunks of glitter in it that end up all over your face.  There are other gross chunky glitter shades.  This palette is suuuuuper mediocre.  

Naked 3 has the same problems with chunky glitter colors.

Neither of them will see the inside of my travel bag.

Hands down, Naked 3! It's such a gorgeous array of shades.

I had both the Naked 1 and Naked 3, but I ended up selling my Naked 1 to a friend since I realized bronzes/golds don't look as good on me.... I still love my Naked 3 though and find the shades to be really complimentary for green eyes! 

Naked 3- I think it's a great way to neautralize a color (rose/pink) and used it daily for at least 2 months after I purchased it. I've never done that before with any of my palettes! 

I do have the original naked and a number of other palettes to create a smokey look on a given day/night without needing an exclusive palette for it (though I do own one of Laura mercier smokey eye palettes from a few years back). 

31 Replies
Conversation Stats
Photos1
  • TDT_Naked Palettes_V2.jpg
testing