Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Trending at Sephora
|

TDT: Sunday Riley Edition!

Throw down Thursday is back and this time, we’re talking about Sunday Riley, a BT-favorite in skincare! This high-performance brand is full of innovative ingredients known to deliver results fast. Their oils are something I hear about all the time on BeautyTalk… 

• Luna Sleeping Night Oil is a blue retinoid oil with a calming scent perfect for bedtime. It helps with antiaging, dullness and exfoliation so can help you achieve a radiant complexion free of lines and hyperpigmentation… Yes please!
  • Artemis Hydroactive Cellular Face Oil offers a lemon scent and helps to balance your skin. Check the link for the list of ingredients which help with inflammation and detoxification.
  • Flora Hydroactive Cellular Face Oil is your go-to if you’re concerned about aging or dehydrated skin. Mix this with your foundation for some luminosity or apply directly to allow the oil to deeply penetrate your skin and start working it’s magic.
  • Juno Hydroactive Cellular Face Oil is a non-greasy dry oil that will hydrate and protect you skin from free radicals with antioxidants. Added bonus! Vitamins A and C help to brighten and support collagen production.

So, BeautyTalk, I’ve gotta know… What’s your HG Sunday Riley Oil? Throw Down!

(Throw Down Thursday Disclaimer: There are no “winners” or “losers,” only courteous opinions based on your preference.)

Re: TDT: Sunday Riley Edition!

Thanks @Mochapj I can always count on you for skin solutions 🙂

@samls324 you might want to wait - supposedly they are coming out with one this summer that is targeted for combo/oily/acneic skin.  I think it's called UFO or Martian.  

Someone posted a preview of it in one of the 'coming soon' threads.

Which one of the oils would work best for acne prone combination/oily skin? I've been dealing with cystic acne for months and some of the bumps have gone away but I have red spots where bumps used to be.

I really like Luna, partly because i am amused by the ghostly blue tint it leaves 😛 I think it works really well with the rest of my SR-focused regime, though I plan to switch to other brands soon largely because I have such a large backlog of samples go to through. 

I haven't really tried the other oils.. the few times i checked them out at Sephora stores, they smelled rather rancid, which i guess is unavoidable unless you come upon a 'fresh' sample. Acquiring a bunch of Caudalie Premier Cru Elixirs (which i LOVE) kinda made sure that i won't try any other 'day' oil for a while.

Love the disclaimer, @KatieBT, too cute! 😄

I do like the Luna Sleeping Oil, but Juno is my favorite! It's packed with so many good things, including omegas 3, 6, and 9 ...which means I can eliminate having to add another product to my regimen just to get the omegas! Yay for that -it's long enough already! Lol I also love that it's packed with vitamin C, which is great for all kinds of reasons: anti-aging, antioxidant protection, collagen production, brightening, reducing inflammation... Juno just packs a punch with all of it's ingredients -it's loaded with oils that have tons of beneficial vitamins and other helpful properties for your skin. The only thing that I wish were different about it, is the bottle. I wish it were completely opaque to protect the more fragile components even better! Love the beautiful glass bottle though! Lastly, I love that it doesn't contain any crappy fillers or harmful ingredients. No artificial dyes or fragrances to irritate your skin, nothing unnecessary added. Great product, and just in case you can't tell, I love it! 😄

I am not sure yet I only tried samples for couple but I know its not luna..the fragrance irritated my skin 😞 

Flora and Juno sound promising and are on my list. Now if only these came in a promo or a mini set to try!

I have both Flora & Luna. My favorite is Luna. It all started with a deluxe sample. I was so impressed with the results I was getting, it was easy for me to justify the expense. Within a couple of weeks, my older sister took notice. She now uses Luna. My skin became balanced, my pores minimized and I was waking up with a radiance to my skin that I hadn’t had before. I truly enjoy the scent, even though I know it’s not pleasant to some.

I have not committed to one of these oils yet (but would like to), so I'm loving these comments! 

Luna works so well on my skin when I pair it with ceramic slip and good genes. Sunday Riley works with my skin like a dream

Anonymous Insider

I like Juno, but it isn't a true "dry oil". 

I've only tried Luna but have the same sentiments as @KateLovesYSL - I'd love a value kit with minis of all 4! I have collected so many oils in my Arsenal for dry skin and can't justify buying each of these until my stash dwindles (at least a bit lol)! 

But it back to the question- I really enjoy Luna. Not the scent but the simplicity and results 

I've only just tried Luna, and for the first time, this week. So far, I'm loving it.  I feel that my skin is super soft and hydrated when I wake up in the morning.  I've been using it on alternate evenings and my skin seems to be tolerating the retinol well.  No breakouts or irritation so I might up the usage to nightly.

I've only tried Luna and I love it. 

But I use and love ceramic slip, good genes and bionic so not sure I need to add more to my regimen. 

Wish SR would sell deluxe size samples of all 4 oils in a kit so we can try them all without breaking the bank. 

Flora and Luna every night.  

I actually use both Luna and Artemis. I love that is also the duo of the cats from Sailor Moon. =D

Artemis in the morning underneath my day cream which also allows it to glide on easier, then at night time after cleansing I use Good Genes and Luna.

I have all four oils and I've bought Luna and Flora multiple times now, so they are my clear favourites, with Luna being #1. 

Flora is my favorite, but mostly for the winter.

I had horribly oily skin and cystic acne for 25+ years.  I've been mostly breakout free for 15+ years and my skin has been virtually oil free for the past few years.  I just can't bring myself to intentionally and voluntarily put oil on my face!  The horror!  The nightmares!

artemis is my favorite one i've used, but i've only tried that and luna, and it was only a very small sample at that. i'd like to try it for a longer amount of time. i'm afraid luna breaks me out, though i'm always eager to retry it, hoping my first few experiences of it were wrong ! 

Juno is my favorite, though Luna is a close second. Luna is very effective at keeping my skin clear and radiant, but I started using another product with retinol and I find the combination to be too intense for every day now. Juno seems more gentle and works much better with my current skincare routine. Juno keeps my skin hydrated and glowing and has never irritated my sensitive skin.

22 Replies
Conversation Stats
testing