cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Trending at Sephora
|

TDT: KVD Lippies

02.04_TDT_V3.jpg

Hello hello and Happy Throw Down Thursday!

When I first came to BeautyTalk, I noticed an obsession with Kat Von D and instantaneously jumped on the hype by creating a KVD wish list. At the top of my list were the brand's lip products and WOW am I impressed! Super pigmented, long-lasting and tons of bold colors to pick from.

When it comes to KVD's lip products, I always hear about two of her lippies on BeautyTalk: Studded Kiss Lipstick and Everlasting Liquid Lipstick. These are two very different formulas, Studded Kiss is a traditional lipstick and Everlasting is a matte liquid lipstick so I know your preferences will vary but I need to know, which lippie is your favorite?

Take it away, BeautyTalkers… Throw Down!

(Throw Down Thursday Disclaimer: There are no “winners” or “losers,” only courteous opinions based on your preference. Let’s stay civil!)

Anonymous Insider

Re: TDT: KVD Lippies

I love, love, LOVE Kat Von D's Everlasting Liquid Lipstick in the color 'Damned'. Even though when I first saw the color, it almost looks black but when I swatched a sample of it on my hand at the store and tried some on my lips with the sample lipgloss applicator provided, I have to admit the color really looked good on me! I say that the Everlasting Lipstick is a must have!!!

As for the Studded lipstick, I think the 'Homegirl' color almost resembles 'Damned', but there's more selection in the Everlasting lipstick than the Studded lipstick. 

I love some of the colors available in Studded Kiss that aren't in the Everlasting line, but as a formula I have to give the win to Everlasting. It glides on so smoothly, and stays put through eating, drinking, kissing, and 12-hour karaoke marathons ^-^ I've been absolutely in love with Bauhau5 lately ❤️

Besides Lolita, I love Mother, Vampira and Bauhau5.

Wow looks like Everlasting is a BT favorite! What are some of your favorite colors? Lolita is a given...

Liquid without a doubt!

I own more Everlasting, but I adore the colors more for the Studded!!

Everlasting hands down! My absolute favourite liquid lipstick formula, the thick mousse-like ones dry and flake off of me! Lolita and Double Dare are my babies, and hopefully Lolita 2 will be too 😉

Definitely the everlasting liquid lipstick! Bauhau5 was my first liquid lipstick ever and I love the color so much it's definitely my most used lip color.

The Everlasting Liquid Lipsticks are my new makeup obsession!

Everlasting FOREVER. The studded kiss lipsticks are a little waxy in a bad way.

I haven't tried any of the Studded Kiss Lipstick in fear I will love them like the Everlasting Liquid Lipsticks and start buying them all.

Everlasting liquid lipstick all the way. These were the first liquid lipsticks I bought and I am in love 😍

I love the color on the Studded Kiss and the lasting power of Everlasting.  Totally depends on what my lips are going to be doing that day.

I'll go with the Everlasting Liquid Lipsticks because I love the long wear. 

I would choose the Everlasting Liquid Lipstick over the Studded Kiss Lipstick. I found that the Studded Kiss Lipstick (I got the shade "Homegirl" from the 2015 Sephora Favorites Give me More Lip Holiday Set)  didnt evenly distribute the color for me (even after exfoliating with the Fresh sugar lip scrub and applying some lip balm). I had my sister try it also and she didnt care for it so I ended up giving it away. The liquid lipstick, while a bit tacky after applied, goes on evenly and is quite pigmented. I would recommend this to someone that wants a long lasting lipstick with the caveat that lip exfoliation and moisturizing is necessary to getting the best results! 🙂

Definitely the Everlasting Liquid Lipsticks! I generally always top them with a gloss but I think they are one of the best on the market and like annypoo I agree that the formula is more consistent.

I prefer the liquid lipstick over the lipstick. I find the formula is more consistent throughout the the color range. With the lipstick line, there are some colors where I like the formula, while others feel dry on my lips. 

17 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 17 replies
  • 7 Hearts Given
  • 16 Contributors
Photos1
  • 02.04_TDT_V3.jpg
testing