Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Trending at Sephora
|

TDT: How Do You Tend to Your Ends?

02.10_TDT.jpg

Hey BeautyTalkers!

Throw Down Thursday is here again and this week I want to spark a conversation that isn’t brought up much on BeautyTalk… Hair! I’m sure many of you are familiar with a brand known as Alterna. Alterna is well-known for luxurious products containing proven ingredients for healthier, more gorgeous locks.

Two of Alterna’s most popular lines are the Caviar and Bamboo lines. Products in the Caviar line are formulated with anti-aging ingredients. The Bamboo line consists of products that get your tips in shape by strengthening hair. Both lines can be used on multiple hair types and the range of product can help you achieve various goals for your mane from silkening your strands to adding more volume.

So what do you say, BeautyTalk… Which line is a must in your hair care routine? Throw down!

(Throw Down Thursday Disclaimer: There are no “winners” or “losers,” only courteous opinions based on your preference. Let’s stay civil!)

Re: TDT: How Do You Tend to Your Ends?

I've only tried one item from each line. The Alterna Caviar scalp spray is HG for me and the Bamboo Oil spray is sub-par.

its a tie for me! both awesome

I recently dyed my hair a pale ash blonde with tints of gray from 4+ years of being a redhead (took 2-3 processes of bleaching) so my hair was dry and damaged! I never tried the Bamboo line so this is really just one-sided but I do love the Alterna Caviar line! My mom also loves the moisture shampoo and conditioner as well. It doesn't strip my hair or turn it into straw in the shower, which was a problem with other products so I do love this product! The omega nourishing oil really kept my ends hydrated and a very little amount goes a longggg way.

i am a complete Product **bleep**.  I love to try anything new.  When it comes to my hair I usually buy a product, finish it, and get something new!!  Well I found the Alterna line.  I love the caviar line.  My hair has never looked so good.  Healthy, shiny, fuller, I just love this stuff.   

I color my hair every 4 weeks, but I find with the Moisture Shampoo & Conditioner my color stays much richer longer.  

So I guess I would say I lean towards the  Caviar line.

Anonymous Insider

I'm with @Samtian - Bamboo never did anything for my hair but I love me the Caviar CC cream. That is some very good stuff. Use it to tame my frizz and keep my hair neat when I'm wearing a ponytail.

Josie Maran argan oil is my go to for dry ends.  

Caviar, no question.  Ever since  I bit the bullet and tried the shampoo, conditioner and 10 in 1 CC cream, my hair has been healthier than ever.

I LOVE Alterna Haircare! I use Bamboo Abundant Volume and Bamboo Smooth Anti-Frizz lines regularly. I have the Bamboo Luminous Shine, which I haven't tried yet, but I can't imagine not loving it. I dabbled with Caviar and need to revisit it. I also got a mini-kit of Bamboo UV + Color Protection Vibrant Color, have to revisit that one too, the mini's didn't give me enough uses, so I was unable to see real results, but I will likely buy the full-sizes - my hair is naturally auburn, but some grays are cramping my style and we are trying to replicate/duplicate (?) my real color. But reds really fade, so I plan on giving UV a real go at some point. Trying to use up some of my current Alternas first. I use 2 Alterna styling products regularly, but have 4-5 more that I still need to try. Not to mention the newer products in their line. Aye-Aye-Aye! Can you tell that I adore Alterna? 😛

In short, I'm an equal opportunity - Woo-Hoo, Love my Bamboo girl.

I've tried Bamboo but I haven't tried Caviar. Bamboo doesn't really do anything for my hair. 

@lylysa I agree Caviar is very nourishing and not everyone needs that much damage control. I have tortured my hair over the years so I'm all about the Caviar CC Cream! I also tried the Bamboo 48-Hour Volume Spray recently and I have never seen my hair so voluminous and frizz-free so I'm pretty torn between both lines... It's a tie for me!

I love the caviar line. I use the shampoo and conditioner. It is super hydrating for my beyond dry hair. The only caveat is I don't like the bottle because once it is not as full it is hard to get the product out. I have to turn it upside down and squeeze a lot!

Based upon the two products and my hair specifically, if I had to choose between the two oils, I'd opt for the Bamboo. My hair isn't really stressed or facing more dramatic factors of aging changes, so the Caviar is a bit rich for me and I'd feel like its benefits would go wasted.

To anyone here who has seen enough of my activity in hair posts, it's no surprise that I'm a big fan of Living Proof, so their products are some must-haves in my hair regimen. I'm currently loving on the PHD Night Cap, Leave-In Curl Conditioner, and (of course) the Style Primer!

12 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 12 replies
  • 9 Hearts Given
  • 12 Contributors
Photos1
  • 02.10_TDT.jpg
testing