Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Trending at Sephora
|

TDT: How Do You Achieve That BECCA Glow?

11.19_TDT_v3.jpg

Hi pretties! You know what today is don’t you? That’s right… Throw Down Thursday!

This week it’s the battle of BECCA highlighters! First came contouring, then came strobing and we quickly realized our love for a luminous complexion. BECCA’s Shimmering Skin Perfectors are a BeautyTalk favorite because of their endless options for a variety of skin textures and tones like the original liquid formula, poured formulation and pressed powder.

So, BeautyTalk, I need to know! Which Shimmering Skin Perfector formula is essential for you to get glowing?!

Throw down!

(Throw Down Thursday Disclaimer: There are no “winners” or “losers,” only courteous opinions based on your preference. Let’s stay civil!)

Re: TDT: How Do You Achieve That BECCA Glow?

Thanks Libby! I'm Asian decent medium skintone. I like the moonstone but maybe I should do opal instead? The champagne pop is only in pressed right? 

I agree with ShannonAlexis in that the glitter does migrate in the pressed formula although I LOVE champagne pop! I think the poured or liquid might be better for a wedding day because I notice my poured BECCA highlighters tend to stick around longer and stay in place. Color would probably depend on skin tone, but in the spirit of wedding day look I would have to say one of the lighter shades for a glowy bridal look. 

I have a question since you ladies really know your becca! What would you recommend for a glowing highlight for a wedding ie ( lots of flash and needs to last all day) Liquid, pressed, or poured and which color? Thank you! 

I own Champagne Pop and I LOVE it! I thought it might just be hyped up so was hesitent to buy it, but I'm so glad I took the chance and bought it! I think Moonstone in pressed will be my next highlighter purchase 😉

Ohh I love Becca. I would trade half my soul to look like a Becca model, they're so gorgeous. I heavily prefer the cream products over the shimmering powders. The pressed ones are a little to glittery for every day and I feel like the glitter migrates around throughout the day.

While I prefer both the liquid and creme highlighters, I really like how well they stack on top of each other. The poured is an excellent base for the pressed highlighters. 

I own the pressed powders in Rose Gold and Champagne Pop, and I don't know what I'd do without these in my life. Rose gold is definitely a softer glow compared to the lighter Champagne Pop shade, so I tend to use rose gold when I want a slightly (but only slightly) understated highlight.

I've been hooked on Champagne Pop recently though; whenever I use this on my friends they rave about how amazing the highlight shade looks on their cheekbones. I tend to use it when a slightly denser blush brush for an immediate glow; I've found that fluffier brushes tend to diffuse the highlight and I prefer looking like I've got sunbeams reflecting off my face 🙂 I've used it on nights out, but it's also a favorite for simple makeup looks to school; a soft shimmery brown eyeliner, mascara, and a luminous, lovely highlight

Anonymous Insider

Champaign Pop is to beautiful and versatile for all different skin tones/colors. It's more of a strobing highlighter for darker skin and a rosey golden pale/light. The highlighter is beautiful and absolute worth every penny. The color pay off is amazing. The product is super creamy and bendable. The highlight is a soft but bold glow - they're is a shimmery glow and NOT a chunky glitter! --Love the product, and defiantly takes the cake for my favorite BECCA Shimmering skin perfecter. 

The Champaign Glow pallet is perfect, that's the product to get. Especially because it's limited addition. (Champaign POP, Pearl, and Blushed Copper) 

NOT TO BECCA: HAVE ALL THREE SHADES OF GLOW PALLET BECOME "HERE TO STAY" HIGHLIGHTERS. I want to be cable to purchase them when I run out!!! - Much love, a loyal customer. 

You all have such amazing tips I want to try them all!

Jess- You're really selling me on CP I may need to get myself a little gift 🙂

I don't know how to make Rose Gold pop more on myself. I have it but it looks pretty subtle on me and my skin is around an NC42 -ish in MAC.

KatieBT. Yes I would think CP would look amazing on all skin tones. I have an olive-complexion and am quite fair in the winter and tan in the summer (like really tan). Anything with a peachy-gold tone seems to work on many skin tones!! I really love it =D

I love liquid Opal! I also like liquid Moonstone mixed in with my foundation and Champagne Pop. But liquid Opal is my number one!

I use a generous amount of Becca Opal for a pronounced glow on my cheekbones and on my brow bones for an additional highlight. For a more subtle look I will use Becca's Skin Perfector in Opal and dab a bit on my cheekbones for a natural glow.

Anonymous Insider

BECCA Pressed Powder in Rose Gold. It's like a mix of highlighter/blush without the chunks of glitter. The highlight and wash of rose make you look more glowy and alive so it's perfect for if you're running late and look half asleep, but you want to look like you got an adequate amount of sleep. Put on some undereye concealer and pop Rose gold on and you'll look well rested and ready to go!

I have the BECCA Skin Perfector liquid in Opal and mix a teeny drop of it with my sunscreen and it gives a beautiful glow without the disco ball effect.Perfect for no makeup days! Note that only a tiny bit needs to be used or else you end up looking like you got careless with highlighter 😉

#PressedOpal4Life 

(and Copper) 

Jess do you think CP is good for all skin tones?

I haven't tried the liquid illuminators yet nor the poured. I do love my Champagne Pop and Opal so so much and I always reach for CP lately!! Such a pretty glow!!!! I thought it was hype but then I put it on my cheeks and realized how gorgeous it truly is =D

17 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 17 replies
  • 12 Hearts Given
  • 13 Contributors
Photos1
  • 11.19_TDT_v3.jpg
testing