Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Trending at Sephora
|

Mani Friday: X in Space

Happy Mani Friday! You. Guys. I am SO excited about this week's mani. I got a hold of a few of the NEW Formula X nail polishes, and as you can tell, I went a little crazy. I think it looks like a galaxy mani, but it was waaaay less work. A couple coats of Formula X Haphazard, dab on the Turbulent glitter, cover the whole thing with Over The Moon, and voila! You've got yourself some space-y nails.

What mani are you rockin' this weekend? Show & Tell!

Xinspace 10.11.jpg

Shop Formula X for Sephora> http://seph.me/1bMhkkS

Re: Mani Friday: X in Space

im wearing the new formula x for sephora in obsessed! i really love the dark reds, wines, and oxbloods for the fall, so this is perfect! had a little trouble getting it off, but so far i love these polishes

OPI Magazine Cover Mouse : )

Does someone have a picture of the Sephora X brush? Painting with small brushes are very hard, in my opinion!

IMG_20131012_225219.JPG

1. I used the Sephora X kit with the base coat, top coat and cleanser.  Stuff is awesome...normally my nail polish chips in the first 24 hours.  However, I'm currently wearing Chanel le Vernis in Taboo.  A nice, rich purple with a reddish sheen and FULL COVERAGE IN ONE COAT.  Love!

@jobro  - Cute! No shame in press-ons around these parts. 🙂 Have you tried nail wraps? They're great for quick nail art and they just conform to your regular nail shape. http://www.sephora.com/asap-3d-P383164?skuId=1561984

@Titian06 - Theoretical looks GORG. Post a pic when you try it!

My mani this week is an OPI color called William Tell something, something, something (in other words I don't remember the rest of the name, borrowed from a co-worker).  I stopped at SiJCP yesterday to check out the new Sephora X.  Awesome!  I can't wait to go to the free-standing store to see the bigger collection; I may do that tomorrow.  I purchased Theoretical in the New Classics collection.  I'll be changing to that color sometime this weekend.

http://www.sephora.com/new-classics-P382111icid2=FormulaX_LP_Colors_carousel_P382111_link

I admit - I bought press-on nails from Impress. But I'm a total Halloween nut, I had to! 😉

Don't think I'm gonna keep them on very long, though - they're a lot longer than I like my nails to be, and if I trim them I lose the design... 😞

Anonymous Insider

@candacebt: Yeah! I make & blend my own cosmetics all the time. 🙂 Glitter top coats are easy!

The simplest way is to add a few drops (or a lot) of glitter polish to your favorite bottle of plain top coat.

My red glitter one is done this way.

You can also add cosmetic grade microglitter (you can find this in any color at Michaels or various places online) to a regular bottle of top coat or clear polish. 

Either way, you add the glitter (or glitter polish) sparingly - a little bit at a time - and shake the bottle like crazy so the glitter gets evenly distributed in the top coat. Keep adding glitter until you get the desired saturation.

And always shake the bottle furiously (for at least a minute or so) before applying the top coat because the glitter sinks to the bottom when it sits too long. 😉 

I love a good frankenpolish story! I've been toying with the idea of them myself, but I have to get through all of the X's first, LOL.

Are we gonna get a frankenpolish story just in time for Halloween? LOL

@midnightangel - You MADE a red glitter topcoat? Do tell. 🙂

Anonymous Insider

Maybelline Express Finish in black onyx with a subtle red glitter topcoat that I made. 🙂

black w red glitter.jpg

@candacebt - Yes I did! Its a good thing that you get almost 1000 in a package because I need lots of practice. 😄

@lilyyy - Aaah! We do! I love it! I've had my eye on that Thunder glitter for a while, I keep hoping it will magically appear at my desk, lol.

@warriorwitch - so pretty! You did a good job with the stickers, they're tricky. Did you use hole protectors?

@BeautyJunkie - Thanks! You should! 🙂

@Candicebt I ove this.  I'm going to have to try that one. 🙂

Ooooh pretty! I love the spacey look.

MF1011.jpgAttempted the half moon again, this time with stickers. Still a bit rough. 😕 But not bad for a beginner right? Colors are from Klean Color in Black and Metallic Pink (its a much more electric/orange toned color in real life).

Great minds think alike!

Speckled golden egg

Formula X Xplosives - Thunder: turquoise, lime, periwinkle and white confet

Zoya - Jules: sparkling neutral light taupe with gold, silver and champagne metallic shimmer

photo.JPG

@arielaaaaaaaa - Thanks! I loooove the new polishes! Beware, there are A LOT of them. You may be in Sephora all day. And I totally support you doing your nails today and then doing them again tomorrow (what?? I never do that! ;)). 

Oh How PRETTY!

I'm heading to Sephora tomorrow to check out the Formula X polishes, so i haven't done my nails yet! I know i might end up buying a few colors so I must resist doing my nails!

18 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 18 replies
  • 6 Hearts Given
  • 11 Contributors
Photos5
  • Xinspace 10.11.jpg
  • photo.JPG
  • MF1011.jpg
  • black w red glitter.jpg
  • IMG_20131012_225219.JPG
testing