cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Trending at Sephora
|

Mani Friday: Winter Wonderland

winter wonderland 12.13.jpg

Full disclosure: It is not snowing in San Francisco. It is, however, SUPER cold (BRRRR), so today's mani is my (relatively) close appromximation of snow flurries. And it was crazy easy to do with the Formula X Xplosive top coats. I used Wham over Orbit and White Matter. What do you think?

What are you rockin' on your tips this weekend? Show & Tell!

Re: Mani Friday: Winter Wonderland

Hi ladies! I was out of the office all day Friday, so I missed all of your comments!

And I love your nails!

@spoiledbrat - I don't know if I've done a red and green combo, I know I did a Wicked pink and green, but I can do one for the holidays and share it. And MJ Lola is actually a really great bright red color.

@makeupobsessed - Hahaha! Well, it's been in the 40's here lately, which is REALLY cold for SF, (and the 30s at night), but it's starting to get warmer again. Also this was super easy to do. Paint on the blue base, and when that dries, swipe the white over random parts of your nail. Then when that dries, go over the white with the "Wham" top coat, it creates that snow flurry effect. 

@Titian06 - I'm from the East Coast originally, so I have more than my share of experiences with snow (and MAN I miss snow days!). But I'm officially a winter weather wuss now, since I've been in CA for about 20 years. 🙂

I recently changed these but here was my Holiday mani. Working on a new one soon 🙂

Using Julep Isla and Sephora by OPI Only Gold For Me (Which I've recently seen at multiple Marshall's if you still want to get your hands on it)

Winter Mani.JPG

image.jpg

mani french.jpgI have to cut my nails totally off for work, but after a couple weeks vacation I had a little to work with. I went for a french mani since I rarely have tips to show. I compensated for the lack of festiveness with a rhinestone 🙂

hldynls.jpg

These are my current nails. I did end up using my Butter London polish in Saucy Jack, every time I use this I fall more and more in love. It starts off looking more like a cherry-jubilee red, but by the second coat it really deepens to a warmer, almost brown/brick toned red. The pic was taken with natural light and it's that perfect shade of vibrant blood red in the sun, indoors it's definitely richer! The gold at the base is from OPI in Gold Lang Syne.

Your nails look great, Candace!  I love blue and white together.  You're welcome to come visit me if you'd like to experience snow.  We have snow on the ground, and we're currently under a Winter Weather Advisory and our Northern counties are under a Winter Storm Warning.  We're looking at upwards of 5" of snow tonight.

I also would like to know what "cold" is in SF.  It's 35 right now; we've been in the 20s all week, with the nights in the low teens to single digits.

As I offered, come visit if you'd like to experience snow and/or cold (BTW, this is pretty early for so much snow and temps this cold).  🙂

Aww, so cute Candace!  Please tell how you did it, not just what colors!

PS.  How cold can it really be in SF?  Whats considered cold?  Im in Baltimore right now and its about 39 degrees, which is a little higher than its been this past week.  We still have snow on the ground!

So very cute...again.

Just a suggestion, do you remember a short time ago when you did the green/gold combo? What about Marc Jacobs Ruby Red and gold? It would be fabamazing on you!

I like the photoshopped hat on your finger. 😉

Absolutely gorgeous!  Now I think I need to get those nail polishes.  Already have a couple of dark blues I can use though. 

10 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 10 replies
  • 15 Hearts Given
  • 10 Contributors
Photos5
  • winter wonderland 12.13.jpg
  • hldynls.jpg
  • mani french.jpg
  • image.jpg
  • Winter Mani.JPG
testing