Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Trending at Sephora
|

Mani Friday: Spring Polish

To celebrate the start of Chic Week, (yay 15% off!) today’s Mani Friday is all about polish. Spring polishes, to be exact. I have personally worn all of these colors and I can say with authority that these are my faves of the season. (I’m a brazen enabler, I know, I know.)

spring polish 4.12.jpg

Nails Inc Spring Summer Trend Polish in Botanical Gardens

Such a bright mint, with just the right amount of robin’s egg blue to give it a fresh update.

Butter London 3 Free Nail Lacquer in Kerfuffle

The name alone makes it a winner. The perfect peachy-pink color makes it a staple.

Dior Colorvision Vernis Nail Lacquer in Lilac 398

This polish makes me want to frolic in a field of lavender. Or something. I mean, just look at it! Gorg.

JINsoon Botanical Flower Collection in Blue Iris

Literally the dark horse of the bunch, this color is exactly as the description says: a deep electric blue. Every time I wear it, I catch myself staring at my nails. It’s that striking, and totally unexpected for Spring.

I also want to give a shout out to Julep's Freedom™ Polymer Top Coat, which makes my mani shiny and virtually indestructible in minutes. That helps when you actually, you know, want to paint your nails AND have a life.

What are your favorite shades of the season?

Show & Tell (on your nails, or in the bottle if you don’t happen to have it on) in the comments!

Re: Mani Friday: Spring Polish

Thanks candacebt!! Maybe I'll have to splurge sometime and try it 🙂

flowermani2.jpg

Loving florals and Essie's resort collection for spring I used Revlon's new nail stickers in Bow-Quet and Essie Butler Please, First Timer, and Come Here!. I finished with Julep's Freedom Polymer Topcoat which is my favorite! It dries super quickly and super shiny which I love!

@colorobession - I have tried both, and although it pains me to say it because I LOVE the Nails Inc topcoat, I prefer Julep's. The formula is smooth (although I didn't think the Nails inc topcoat was that gloopy to start, especially compared to some others I've tried *cough* SV *cough*), and for me it does dry faster than Nails Inc. It's pricier though, so I can see having both in my repertoire and switching them out.

@ candacebt - I'm really curious about that Julep top coat now! I love painting my nails, but waiting for them to harden (and almost surely always ruining them when I start to get impatient and try to do something) makes me so frustrated. I've used Nails Inc's Kensington Caviar topcoat in the past, which is awesome for making nails touch dry in less than a minute, but unfortunately the formula is a little goopy (and get's moreso over its lifetime). Have you used them both/can you offer a comparison??

So pretty! I LOVE seeing everyones polishes, I am super addicted to doing my nails but haven't had the time just yet! I reshaped all my nails and made them nice but they're bare now and just waiting for me to pick a color.. I just can't decide! 🙂 

Luv&Lipgloss, Diana
Anonymous Insider

Please ignore the dry skin I've been picking at lately.  However, I believe my new cuticle remover will help me break the phase. 

I slapped this on yesterday.  It's China Glaze Tree Hugger with Zoya Opal layered over it.

spring.jpg

Anonymous Insider

@glossy  I love the Konad plates!  And I also love your mani!

There's not a place near me that carries Dior so I can see the products in person.  😞

You evil enablers!  I can barely stop myself from running to my Sephora and buying that awesome Dior in Princess I've been obsessing over....on the other hand it's Friday and I deserve a nice treat!   😄 😄

Anonymous Insider

@drragon- I love Dior polishes I will slowly work my way in until I get all of them.

@drrragon - Pretty! I love those colors together. Get some Dior! The brush IS amazeballs, my coworkers and I were just talking about it. Gotta use that 15% off on something, right? 😉

Here is my (sloppy) mani for the day:

20130412_153910.jpg

Dying to try some Dior, I love the shape of the brush and the formula is so easy to work with.

@beautylovingirl - I had to buy all of them, I love them so much. I swear I just give my paycheck right back, lol.

@glossy - Awesome! I want to try those dots freehand, as my ineptitude with the stamping tool is well documented. 🙂

Anonymous Insider

@glossy- I love that look it is so cute!

SUPER into yellow lately.  I used a Konad plate for the accent nail.

photo.JPG

http://www.sephora.com/nail-colour-P217311?skuId=1415702

Anonymous Insider

I love these colors they are gorgeous!

15 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 15 replies
  • 23 Hearts Given
  • 8 Contributors
Photos5
  • spring polish 4.12.jpg