Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Trending at Sephora
|

Mani Friday: Ombre

Happy Mani Friday! My ombre look this week sprung from indecision. I wanted to wear a purple but I couldn't choose which one, and I happened to have 5 different shades at my desk. So there you have it, purple ombre (also, I think I might own too many purple nail polishes).

purple ombre 5.3.jpg

What mani are you sportin' this weekend? Show & Tell in the comments!

Sidenote: I'm experimenting with new hand poses; what do you think? I don't know how I feel about this one.

Re: Mani Friday: Ombre

Oh Diana!  Was not a steal at all, the 49 ers almost got away with that power outage and stole it from us, the momentum was way off after that but the ravens still managed to ill a win.  Now I'm routing for Jacobi Jones on Dancing with the stars!

I really like it! What is the color on your middle finger, the light purple one?

As for the hand pose its fine for nails where all fingers are the same, but for this one I can't see the color on your thumb 😮 Oops haha

~We are all beautiful~

@makeupobesessed I will refrain from addressing your stolen superbowl win from us 49ers this year and go on to say.. I agree! I love purple ombre too and have way too many! 😉 

Candace your ombre nail makes me want to take my polish off and do a whole new round of color! I wonder if I have enough green for an ombre effect- I certainly have enough purple and pinks! 

Luv&Lipgloss, Diana

I love the purple ombré., I will try this myself this weekend...I too have many purples.  

(Reminds me of The Ravens...you know, the Superbowl champions--I'm from Baltimore and all this Steelers talk is too much 😉 lol)

Anonymous Insider

Love the ombre mani!  I had a little time earlier, so I had the chance to do my nails before the weekend 🙂

Sephora by OPI Metro Chic

Sephora by OPI Arm Candy 

nails inc. - Kensington Caviar Gel Effect Plumping Top Coat

Topped by Nails Inc Kensington Caviar Gel Effect Plumping Top Coat

xo, Mia

@candacebt- Yep, all of the Pittsburgh teams rock black and gold.  It's one of the many great things about the 'burgh.  It also makes showing love for my beloved hometown easy when I no longer live there.

@starletta - Wait, do ALL of the Pittsburgh teams have yellow and black as their team colors? I didn't know that! Sure makes it easy to show off your team spirit though, I have to do different colored nails depending on what playoff season it is! 🙂

They would be appropriate for the Steelers or the Pittsburgh Pirates as well, but it's time for my annual Pittsburgh Penguins playoff nails!  The guys get to have fun with playoff beards, so I always have fun with playoff nails.

Thanks ladies! Cute nails, Starletta! I was thinking those were Steelers colors, but then I read "NHL", lol. What team is that?

@drrragon - yup, I used a matte top coat. I thought it would make them more interesting 🙂

And for the record, I love the purple ombre.  I've tended to do purple myself since I have way too many purple polishes myself!

Still rocking the out-of-season but NHL playoff-appropriate Zoya Raven + Zoya Gilty.

I know the cuticles are bad.

gilty.jpg

Sexy colors O_O

oh so pretty!  do those have a matte finish??

I like the new hand pose!  Also really liked the one from last week with the bronze/silver mani! 😄

13 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 13 replies
  • 15 Hearts Given
  • 8 Contributors
Photos2
  • purple ombre 5.3.jpg
  • gilty.jpg
testing