Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Trending at Sephora
|

Mani Friday: Holiday Ombre

Happy Mani Friday! Not gonna lie, I'm OBSESSED with this fall ombre look that I did for the weekend. I think this might be my go-to holiday mani (with a little added glitter, of course).

What are you rocking on your tips this weekend? Show & Tell!

mani fri ombre 11.22.jpg

Colors used: MARC JACOBS BEAUTY Enamored Hi-Shine Nail Lacquer in Nirvana & Butter London The Old Bill

Re: Mani Friday: Holiday Ombre

@BeautyJunkie325 Love the color combination! looks like peppermint candy colors! I love it for the holidays! 

Went for a manicure this morning.   We used colors from Mariah Carey's new OPI holiday line.  We used Ski Slope Sweetie with In My Santa Suit on the tips and as an accent nail.  On my accent nail we topped it with the 18K white gold/silver top coat.

image.jpg

Nails

Im using  Nirvana as well! Decided to do a gold bow! 🙂

Love it, Candace!

I just bought a metric ton of new polishes, so the Burberry Light Gold (from the Holiday collection that's on pre-order most places still) will be going quickly.

My nails are super short right now, so I cringe at the shots!

Thanks ladies! I want to see your nails!

@spoiledbrat - Thank you! The filing bit is quite easy now that I've switched to square tipped nails. I had rounded / oval nails for a long time and they were a super pain to keep up, I tip (pun intended!) my had to anyone who can file a perfect oval nail. 🙂 

Wow! Your nails are beautiful!!

I'm wearing OPI Yoga-Ta Get This Blue!

Love it!

❤️ Melissa

OOOOH this is pretty! I've tried some terrible combos of ombre nail polish but i am LOVING this! 

Luv&Lipgloss, Diana

I had to come and see what Ombre means, because
I did my hair in ombre style now that I get it!
I was like what does Ombre mean?!?!
So this is so nice!

Love the ombre style nails!

Candace, your nails and hands are so beautiful! The way you file your nails is perfect, i do not know how you do. Every color you wear looks so awesome. You have a gift. 🙂

Candice this is sooooooo pretty!

@Candace - Your nails look wonderful!  It's definitely a great holiday look!

I haven't done my nails in two or three weeks.  They have cracked and peeling something fierce.  I have them filed to the nub.  It will probably be another week or two before I feel comfortable with putting polish on them again.  😞

@Candacebt Hmmm. I don't know if i would be able to do that technique. I'll have to experiment when i get some free time!! 

But i am in need of painting my nails!!! Maybe tonight! 

@arielaaaaaaaa - Yes, it's Mani Friday already! Time to break out your glitters. 🙂

I used the makeup sponge technique for this one.

1. Paint on a couple of coats of the MJ Nirvana, let it dry

2. Swipe a coat of Nirvana on a makeup sponge, with a coat of The Old Bill right above it (the way it looks on my nails), and mix them together in the middle a little bit

3.  Dabbed the sponge on a piece of paper to get some of the polish off

4. Press the sponge down on your nails. Keep putting color on the sponge and dabbing and pressing until you get the ombre effect you want.

5. Top coat! It will hide the sponge marks. 🙂

Ohhh!! Is it Mani-Friday already! I don't think i've done my nails for 3 weeks now... 😧

Could you please tell how you did your "Ombre" nails! 

Any special technique, or just free handed it?

15 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 15 replies
  • 17 Hearts Given
  • 12 Contributors
Photos3
  • mani fri ombre 11.22.jpg
  • Nails
  • image.jpg
testing