Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Trending at Sephora
|

Mani Friday: Guess Who's Coming?

Today I have another Mani Friday Sneak Peek! You guys, I am SO excited about this one. In case you haven't heard, Deborah Lippmann is coming to Sephora! Super swanky formulas, amazing glitters, iconic bottles...this brand's got it all. I've been a fan for ages, but I've been playing with the polishes all week and they really are something special. Just look at that sparkle!

The brand is launching in-store and on sephora.com later this month (along with a live chat on BeautyTalk with Deb herself!), but ya'll know I can't keep my mouth shut about nail polish. I had to share.

(And I know I went a little cray cray with the glitter. I couldn't help myself. :))

lippmann 8.2.jpg

What tips are you sportin' this weekend? Show & Tell!

Oh, and the colors used are (I didn't forget this time):
I Know What Boys Like + Today Was A Fairytale on pinkie & ring fingers
Girls Just Want To Have Fun + Glitter And Be Gay on the middle & index finger

Anonymous Insider

Re: Mani Friday: Guess Who's Coming?

This made my day!!!! Everyone at DL LOVES Sephora!!!!

This is another reason I say that another perk should be to let us get our nails done at Sephora! Even if we do it to ourselves! ahh! 

They're online!!!!!

ENABLED.

Anonymous Insider

i love it! i need to start giving my finger nails more attention, lately i've been more of a pedi than a mani kinda girl.

love that!! my school colors, too! might have to copy that come football season!

Anonymous Insider

I have never tried a Deborah Lippman polish!  I don't think I've seen them in person, either.  I hope my SiJCP will be carrying the brand!

@lylysa  LOVE the polish combo!!!  

@lylysa I've tried all those sites, many of the luxeffects polishes are still available, just not that particular one 😞 I know Nubar has an identical shade but it's just as hard to get.

@Viviene23

Sephora carries the Butter London shade (Slapper) and the formula is really nice! 

And Ulta, WalMart, and Nordstrom carries Essie!

@ lylysa I'm gonna try that combination for my toes...so pretty! (If I can find those nails polish colors?!?)

@ candace are you gonna carry some exclusive colors? Hope to see something for fall/winter.

Deb Lippmann is one of my favorites...was wearing amazing grace a few weeks ago. I also like boom boom pow on top of ruby red nails...very winter holiday!

@ Malday, check out Nordstrom or Walmart online, they have it around around $7-8! I believe Ulta still carries it online and in stores too for $5!

The polish is sooo worth it! I've had some issues with select Essie shades where they come out streaky or too thin (it can happen with some of their pale colors because of how sheer they first apply), but Shine of the Times is super smooth and I often just use one coat for each nail to layer over polish! 

@lylysa ugh I am so envious! I have been looking for Shine of the Times for a while now and I can find it on amazon but not for less than $13 and I'm so hesitant to pay that much for an Essie polish haha.

@ Titian06, ohhhh, it would be gorgeous over brown! I've worn the glitter flake over black, navy, various reds (from bright cream versions to deep, almost burgundy shades), to pink, turquoise...you name it, it instantly transforms any shade and it's so gorgeous in the sun. I even dab it just at the tips of nails sometimes for a subtle glitter mani! It's a fun accent polish that you can use to jazz up your nails whenever you want! 😄 Let me know if you pick it up and what you think of it!

So excited that one of the best nail brands is finally coming to Sephora!!! I hope that the full range of base and top coats are also carried.

True story, y'all: As often as I change my nail polish, the thing that keeps my nails happy is DL's Rehydrating Base Coat. I'm on my 3rd bottle in about 14 months. It's my nail hero.

I'm taking off Chanel Bel-Argus and will be putting Dior Red Royalty on my nails. I got a major red lemming today.

I can't wait to buy Lippmann at Sephora instead of... other retailers. 😉 Glitter and Be Gay, Rolling in the Deep and Laughin' To The Bank must be mine!! Great glitter usage, candacebt!

My nails look pretty boring compared to @candice and @lylysa:  I'm wearing Studs & Stilettos by OPI for Sephora.  It's on my ring finger in this picture.

Finger Tips-Brown.JPG

@candice - You nails look great!  I can see both of those colors on me.  (woo-hoo!)

@lylysa - Your nails are gorgeous!  I love the top coat.  I wonder how that would look over dark brown?  I have Essie Little Brown Dress.

Thanks, Candace! That glitter flake is by far a top polish of mine!

@lylysa - PRETTY!!

All the Ariel buzz had me inspired for a very aquatic, serene nail look!

mrmdnls.jpg

I'm wearing Butter London's Slapper with Essie's Shine of the Times over it and my nails are crazy reflective, in certain light the glitter flake is golden, blue/green toned, and even amber/pink! I topped it off with my Red Carpet Manicure Gel topcoat. The key is waiting for the regular polish to COMPLETELY dry or else after curing the gel your polish can pucker and then be pushed right off the nail.

Thanks ladies! 

@arielaaaaaaaa - sounds like you have a lot of time on your hands to give yourself a cheerful mani then. (Kidding :)) Feel better!

@mrsstory - that 100 pt perk is ADORBZ. If I didn't already have a full size bottle I'd be all over it.

@malday - I mean...and we can get points?! So juiced.

28 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 28 replies
  • 24 Hearts Given
  • 19 Contributors
Photos3
  • Finger Tips-Brown.JPG
  • lippmann 8.2.jpg
  • mrmdnls.jpg
testing