Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Trending at Sephora
|

Mani Friday: ColorIQ

In honor of ColorIQ, I decided to do my version of "nude" nails for Mani Friday! Plus I just wanted an excuse to play with the nifty ColorIQ gadget.

What are you rockin' on your tips this weekend? Show & Tell!

coloriq_8.16.jpg

Colors used: Julep Pippa, Sephora Collection Color Hit in Chocolate Junkie

Re: Mani Friday: ColorIQ

Wearing Marc Jacobs Nail Lacquer in Nirvana, my new favorite!

@ Midnightangel, tell that to the nail wheels that had various of crackle brands glopped on too thick and didn't crackle at all. 😛

Of course it's all a game of trial and error. I think it might have been too wordy to say "Use thin coats on colors X, Y, Z, but on colors A and B, have it and paint it on! Haha!

Anonymous Insider

@lylysa - Pfffffft instructions. There are no rules in art! lol

Top coat is a nail strengthener from OPI. 🙂

@ Midnightangel, that's odd, considering most rules on crackle state not to apply a thick coat as the dry time will affect how much the polish "crackles", but since it is metallic it may alter the formulation.

No prob for the hearts! What top coat did you use? Your nails are SUPER glossy!

Anonymous Insider

@lylysa - I love the quality of SH products. I have the SH silver crackle & it works wonderfully for me. You have to be a bit heavy handed with the crackles sometimes. 😉

I use it to decorate barrettes too.

Thanks for the hearts, girl! 🙂

@Pearlgirl, that glitter is one of my faves from DL

@Midnightangel, I found that the black crackle from the SH crackle line was the best, the metallics (silver and gold) were too thin and you couldn't see the "crackle" effect because of how shiny the colors were, and the color crackles (red, blue, white, purple) were too thin. 😞

Anonymous Insider

Glittery red with black crackle over. Kind of reminds me of a ladybug. I don't dig.  😕

My nails are crap right now since I'm just coming off of Accutane & the best way to disguise damaged nails is glitter or crackle....so I'm rockin' both right now.

Brands are Sally Hansen & something else. I'm not all about labels so I really don't care. 😉

ladybug crackle.jpg

I'm a little late to the party, but I thought I would post anyways.

Sephora by OPI in Personal Shopper and Deborah Lippman in Happy Birthday.

pearlgirl7.jpg

Just simple Chanel Starlet on my nails this weekend... a lot going on in my personal life right now, so I've been keeping it exceedingly neutral this past week.

Cute, cute cute ladies! I love it!

I can't even begin to tell you how excited I am to share my nails this week (as I was doing them Wednesday I was thinking "Can't wait to share this on BT!!!!") 😛

prltncrp.jpg

I painted the symbols for the Power Ring/Lantern Corps from DC Comics!

The top pic is my right hand (left the thumb blank as there are just 9...maybe I'll go back and add another Green Lantern) which has:

Pinky- Agent Orange (greed)

Ring- Indigo Tribe (compassion)

Middle- Sinestro Corps (fear)

Pointer- White Lantern Corps (life)

Bottom pic is my left which has:

Pinky- Black Lantern Corps (death)

Ring- Red Lantern Corps (rage)

Middle- Green Lantern Corps (will)

Pointer- Blue Lantern Corps (hope)

Thumb- Star Sapphire (love)

Comic geek moment! My bf and I recently got to attend a get together in costume! ^_^ He's the Green Lantern (DC Comics) and I'm Black Cat (Marvel, Spiderman)!

grnltnblct.jpg

have you tried HIPP x RGB nude nail system? They have nail foundation in four shades from light to dark and a sheer nail tint in the same four shades which they liken to a tinted moisturizer. The tinted ones are great for layering over the opaque "foundation" nails and matching your skintone perfectly. They also have a newer line of sheer pinks.

Anyway, these are my nails right now! Bondi Blue Skies with Central Park Blossom as an accent!

Love your Nails! 🙂

Here are mine, I got a Mani of Wednesday and i don't remember the whole name, but it's was OPI something Plumeria, Can't remember the first word of it though lol

IMG_0041.jpg

OOOH I love this color mix on you Candace!

Okay, I'll admit this has been on my nails for a full week now but I LOVE it and it's hardly chipped!

Deborah Lippman "Candy Shop" (heres my instagram photo I posted a week ago)

candyshop2.jpg

Luv&Lipgloss, Diana

I saw these on you yesterday, beautiful and very flattering on your skintone!

15 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 15 replies
  • 28 Hearts Given
  • 10 Contributors
Photos7
  • coloriq_8.16.jpg
  • candyshop2.jpg
  • IMG_0041.jpg
  • prltncrp.jpg
  • grnltnblct.jpg
  • pearlgirl7.jpg