Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Trending at Sephora
|

Mani Friday: Ciate Shell Manicure

Happy Mani Friday, BT! Our favorite "Holy crap what is that awesomeness on your nails" brand has done it again, folks. Ciate's Shell Manicure is a thing of beauty, and the minute it came across my desk I knew had to try it!

I was not disappointed. Check out all of that detail! The tiny shells look like beautiful stained glass on my fingers. I am SUCH a fan. What do you think?

What are you rockin' on your tips this weeekend? Show and Tell!

ciate shell 6.27.jpg

Re: Mani Friday: Ciate Shell Manicure

Very cute! I'm stalking the forum to look at all your mani's now, haha.

That looks really nice on you Candace! I was just reading an article in Allure last night about the founder of Ciate 🙂

I just did my nails last night! This a polish from The New Black, reminds me of mermaids 🙂 I have the Julep Polymer Top Coat on top, which makes it super glossy.

photo 1.JPG

@Candacebt - Thanks, your answer was very helpful! I think I will purchase this set now that I know the trick is to press the pieces down.

Beautiful looks ladies!

knuevekm - I'm sorry, I'm just seeing this question. The little bits of shell are definitely shards but I didn't experience them being sharp. I think the key is to press them down on the nail so they adhere, wait 20 mins, and then put a good top coat on. They were definitely a rough texture, but I didn't cut myself. 🙂 Hope that helps!

@randeebt, yes those are little mustaches. I love them. 

Wow candice! i love those two accent nails! beautiful combo!!

Your nails are gorgeous, evilpinkrobot! Thank you for sharing them with us! Heart 

<3, Randee

Wow, BeautyJunkie32! Are those tiny little mustaches on your nails? 😉 

<3, Randee

I can't remember if I shared this last week. Been wearing this a while. Need to finally take it off.

IMG_6817.jpg

Here's what I've had on my nails this week.  🙂

image.jpg

@Candace several of the product reviews mention the shells being very sharp even cutting skin. Did you experience this also?

image.jpg

Julep nail polish, I forget the name of the shade!

Sorry pretty!!! I actually love that pink shade too:)

❤️ Melissa

Hi IRISHQUEEN,

I just answered your private message. Be sure to check your inbox! 

<3, Randee

Hi, IrishQueen, in the comment box is a bar with multiple icons, click the image of the tree photo and from there you can upload your mani pic directly into the comment you're making to post with your text. To edit your current post to add this, at the right corner of your post, is a toggle wheel with a downward arrow head, select that and opt into editing your post.

For further assistance you can always check out the Welcome/Getting Started forum area:

http://community.sephora.com/t5/Welcome-Getting-Started/bd-p/Welcome

Hi! I'm fairly new here  (still learning) & apparently a HUGE DORK b/c I am having issue's w/ posting my Mani Friday pic here (where it belongs)! Double Wow....I know! But, if anyone can help a sister out I would appreciate it! Unless it's not me (cough, lol) & just BT (maybe on my end, hehe)! Thanks,

so embarrassed..... hehe!  Until then I put it under NAILS (I was bound & determined to participate this time, one way or another)! Ta'Da!

Diana! I was very much on a no-polish run for a little bit, then the neutral shade bug bit me 😛

Pretty!!! I think I'm on a new record of like, 2 weeks with no polish, my nails need this!!  🙂 

Luv&Lipgloss, Diana

The purple/mauve Shell Manicure from Ciate is gorgeous too!!!!

Why are you enabling me?????

My nails are on a nude kick....but polished nude...hehe not bare nude.

Rocking Milani's Vanilla Almond this weekend.

That is really pretty, Candace! I definitely want to try this set! I'm intrigued by the Wish Upon a Starfish set! I love white nail polish. 😉 

<3, Randee
25 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 25 replies
  • 35 Hearts Given
  • 15 Contributors
Photos6
  • ciate shell 6.27.jpg
  • Mani Friday
  • image.jpg
  • image.jpg
  • IMG_6817.jpg