Mani Friday: Bright Camo

Happy Mani Friday! Today's mani is my first attempt at bright camo. I've done traditional camo prints, but I wanted to try something different. I think it looks more "abstract" than camo, so next time I'll try it with similar colors and more horizontal squigglies (that's a technical term), instead of placing them all willy-nilly (also a technical term). What do you guys think? It didn't take super long, but it took a ton of colors, which I have listed for you below, because I'm cool like that. Smiley Happy

So what do you have on your nails for the weekend? Show & Tell in the comments!

bright camo 5.30.jpg

Colors used:

Butter London Fiver, Kerfuffle and The Old Bill

Obsessive Compulsive Cosmetics Suspiria

Julep Madison

Comments
(0) Hearts

Ohhhhhh! Super cool look Smiley Happy How did you do the squiggles, with the brush or a tool?

(0) Hearts

@Keely - I did them with a brush, but I've seen people do them with a dotting tool too!

(0) Hearts

Very lovely! I have Chanel's Paradoxical on my nails today!

(0) Hearts

Wow, I love it! I've never seen a camo look, very uniqueSmiley Happy

(0) Hearts

Hmmm I don't think I am talented enough to use the brush so I'll give it a try with my dotting tool.  I think I'm going to try blues to match my boyfriend's uniform.

(0) Hearts

Very cool!

I'm keeping it simple with Chanel Black Pearl on my nails.

(0) Hearts

@keely - It literally takes NO talent. It barely takes a steady hand, lol.

@starletta8 & nebel - I'm feeling a theme here... Smiley Happy

(0) Hearts

SO pretty! I've only done a camo nail once and it was a Giants baseball theme black, gray and orange! Definitely easy to do, even with the opposite hand- but WOW you have some skill to use that many colors! I really love these, makes me think of jelly beans! Smiley Happy

I just saw in a magazine that you can use the rounded tip of a bobby pin as a dotting tool!

(0) Hearts

Your nails look awesome, Candace! 

(0) Hearts

that is extremely cool Smiley Happy

Article Stats
  • 11 comments
  • 9 hearts
  • 8 in conversation
Photos1
  • bright camo 5.30.jpg