Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Brand Loyal
|

In Focus: Viktor & Rolf

Viktor & Rolf is known for both artful design and a well-known fragrance line ( Flowerbomb, anyone?). The masterminds behind the brand are Co-Founders Viktor Horsting & Rolf Snoeren. We asked you to tell us your questions for the brand and the designers sat down to answer your questions about their iconic fragrance line, their creative process and more.

VR_4.jpgI’m really curious how you come up with your fragrances. What is your inspiration?

Fragrance is like an aura, an extension of yourself - clothes are too, but fragrance addresses different parts of the brain. Through fragrance, one can communicate without speaking, triggering memories and emotions.

When did you realize that you had created such an iconic fragrance [i.e. Flowerbomb]? Would you describe it as iconic?

The juice is a killer - it is just so good. The mix of bottle, ad and juice appeals to many different types of women - it is feminine and romantic but not in a passive way, it is empowering and assertive.

With so many variations of floral fragrances in the industry, what makes Flowerbomb so iconic and unique?

The power of transformation: Flowerbomb has the power to transform anything into something positive and beautiful.

VR_2.jpg
With so many variations of floral fragrances in the industry, what makes Flowerbomb so iconic and unique?

The power of transformation: Flowerbomb has the power to transform anything into something positive and beautiful.

What is the design process like for your gorgeous fragrance bottles? What is the ideology behind the bottle designs?

We work together creatively as one, it is almost as if we have one shared brain. For Flowerbomb, the bottle is a diamond grenade: a beautiful, luxurious weapon. It is a beautiful object in itself, and it is very tactile too.

Is Spicebomb truly a male fragrance, or is it unisex?

We developed Spicebomb with the intent to create a fragrance that we would personally wear. Spicebomb is our answer, our desire to have a perfume for men, like Flowerbomb has become for women.

I love how you succeed to continuously catch the attention of clients by releasing Flowerbomb Limited Edition bottles each year. What inspires you to create these editions?

Often, the inspiration comes from our collections, but it can also come from the holiday season itself - from a desire to make something decorative that is festive, new and modern at the same time.

VR BT_1.jpg

Re: In Focus: Viktor & Rolf

Yay I'm glad they answered my question 🙂

Yay!!!! Love this!!!!

Love this! Thank you!

Yay, thanks for answering!! 

My favorite line from this interview "the juice is a killer. It's just so good."

Thanks 🙂

We need a FB Bazaar Reward like last year! ;')

Thanks! ♡ 

Yay! I was wondering when these would be posted.

9 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 9 replies
  • 14 Hearts Given
  • 10 Contributors
Photos3
  • VR BT_1.jpg
  • VR_4.jpg
  • VR_2.jpg
testing