Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Trending at Sephora
|

In Focus: Stila at NYFW

It may surprise you to know that I did not go to New York Fashion Week (apparently my invitation got lost in the mail ;)). However with the help of Sarah Lucero, Celebrity Makeup Arist and Global Director of Education and Aristry for Stila, I don't have to miss a beauty beat.

Sarah gave me the inside track on the spring '14 beauty trends that inspired the runway looks she created at New York Fashion Week.

Which trend are you loving for Spring? Show & Tell!

Neutral Navajo

Warm, Navajo-inspired, neutral shades were seen all over the runway…not to mention, brows that wow! Make this look your own by lining eyes with a Stila Smudge Stick Waterproof Eye Liner, adding additional layers to the lower lash line. This will make for a refreshing take on the classic eye liner look. Finish the look using Stay All Day Waterproof Brow Color to fill in brows and really frame the eyes.

neutral navajo.jpg

Soft and Pretty

Pretty, fresh-faced models were seen at nearly every show. We played up a fresh, dewy face with a pop of pink on cheeks, lightly colored lips and just a wand’s worth of mascara. Add a touch of shimmer to a flawless complexion by dabbing All Over Shimmer Liquid Luminizer on eyes, dusting Jewel Eye Shadow in Opal on top for a gorgeous, unexpected touch of sparkle.

soft and pretty.jpg

Pop of Color

One of my favorite trends for Spring is a bright stroke of color eyes. Aqua-lined eyes play well with sun-kissed cheeks and polished, pink lips. Make eyes the center of attention with a burst of color from Stila Smudge Stick Waterproof Eye Liner in a bright teal.

pop of color 9.26.jpg

Trending Metallics

A striking, metallic finish is all the rage for Spring. Intense, metallic eyes, paired with shimmery vinyl lips and French flushed cheeks make for a heavy dose of punk & pretty. For a unique pop of metallic shine on eyes, layer Magnificent Metals Foil Finish Eye Shadow in Metallic Lavender on lids and create an on-trend, metallic finish on lips with Smudge Stick in Triggerfish with Jewel Eye Shadow in Opal dusted on top.

trending mettallics 9.26.jpg

California Bronzed Beauty

Rich with the promise of sparkling beaches, pink sunsets and the open road, I love the casual glamour of a California road trip. I think of soft waves, fresh pink lips and the rosy glow of a natural bombshell. My secret tip is to add the same warm, coral shade to eyes and lips for a perfectly coordinated look. Try mixing Stila Stay All Day Liquid Lipstick in Belissima and Carina together, applying to lids with your fingers for an easy pop of color.

California Beauty 9.26.jpg

Shop the brand> http://seph.me/151tYqM

Re: In Focus: Stila at NYFW

I have the Stila Convertible color in Lillium and its my all time favorite cream blusher. I'm hoping to collect them all someday---I want Poppy next, a red. I've also been wanting to try the stila shadow in kitten but heard mixed reviews on pigmentation so I'm not sure.

She's lovely!

Isn't Sarah amazing? I can remember being trained by her in the call center...such a great artist with so many great tips and a fun personality!

3 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 3 replies
  • 3 Hearts Given
  • 3 Contributors
Photos5
  • neutral navajo.jpg
  • soft and pretty.jpg
  • pop of color 9.26.jpg
  • trending mettallics 9.26.jpg
  • California Beauty 9.26.jpg
testing