Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Trending at Sephora
|

In Focus: Results-Driven Skincare

Looking to up your skincare game? Shopping by concern may be the way to go to get the most targeted help and keep your skin looking its best. Here are a few common concerns and some of our favorite products to address them. –Kris G.

Dryness:
The True Cream Aqua Bomb
by Belif offers intense, refreshing hydration with a unique formula that “bursts” by releasing lightweight moisture that is easily absorbed into the skin when applied. Botanical actives also help visibly smooth skin and minimize pores.

Blackheads:

Luminizing Black Mask by boscia is a supremely satisfying way to peel away dead skin and clogging impurities, leaving your pores looking minimized and your complexion more radiant. For a no-peel option, try GLAMGLOW’s SUPERMUD Clearing Treatment. This mask utilizes activated charcoal, which works like a magnet to lift away dirt and other skin congestions for a refined, healthy-looking complexion.

Redness:

IT Cosmetics’ Bye Bye Redness Neutralizing Correcting Cream not only calms the redness with a cocktail of powerful soothing ingredients, but it acts as a full-coverage concealer to camouflage for a more even skin tone.

Dark Circles:

Try SEPHORA COLLECTION’s Pearl Eye Mask to brighten and even skin tone around the eye contour. This mask is made with natural white pearl and clarifying broccoli extract to balance and add radiance. For a more overall treatment, check out IT Cosmetics’ Bye Bye Under Eye Eye Cream. This cream tackles fine lines and wrinkles, puffiness, and of course dark circles. A proprietary skin-softening concentrate and shadow-minimizing tint team up to combine instant coverage with long-term results.

What’s your favorite results-driven skincare product? Show & Tell!

Re: In Focus: Results-Driven Skincare

The Drunk Elephant Baby Facial straight up removed all my dullness in 2 applications. Now I upkeep with once a week and my face is so much brighter. I was using 2.5% retinol twice a day before and now I don't need it at all (since you're not supposed to use retinol products with Baby Facial). So less work, less stuff on my face, and more results!!

One product that has constantly lived up to its claim this past winter for me was the Dr.Jart Tiger grass cream - this stuff has some sort of miracle ingredients as I have never been as impressed. It immediately soothes my skin if I feel a breakout starting or have some skin dryness/rash situation..basically all those weird skin things that you can't treat with acne products and wonder what to help calm your skin down. This is a keeper for me for any skin irritations or dry patches. 

Another product was one I picked up from the sale section late last yr - PTR glycolic gel which seems to have discountinued at sephora and makes me sad. There is a cream version now available which I will pick up once I run out but I would have liked the gel for summer.  It gives me baby smooth skin the next morning and I definitely see results in brightness and skin even-ness . Best part it has no color and no scent and feels like you applied water to your skin it absorbs that fast. Love it!

Mild but effective retinols.  

-SR Luna Oil, Philosophy Help Me.

-DE Glycolic Night Serum is the one I notice works overnight.

-PMD.

I use it at my windowsill so I can what it is doing.  It exfoliates the top layers of your skin.  This allows the stubborn blackheads (?) to slide right out.  With weekly use I notice that the skin covering the pores never has time to develop.   PMD is the only thing that keeps my face blackhead free and pores their most clean.  

I've recently been obsessed with DE's T.L.C. Sukari Babyfacial. I have super sensitive and tend to get eczema on my eyelids and just below my eye. This is the only peel that hasn't made my skin flare up with angry looking patches. It's also done wonders for some small milia I had along my orbital bone. 

To counter the drying effects of Sukari Babyfacial, I've been layering rose water (which takes FOREVER, but is so worth it). Following that, I press squalane oil into my skin, including below my eyes. 

@Titian06 Have you tried a gel cream moisturizer?  I know Korres makes one with Pomegranate that contains both hyaluronic and salicylic acid.  Before pregnancy, I had skin exactly like you're describing, and that was great for me!

http://www.sephora.com/raw-sauce-P398843

May Coop Raw Sauce is the product to make other products work better! I really believe it works, and at the very least it hydrates my skin. Another one I've been loving for dryness is Dr. Jart+ Water Drop Moisturizer.

http://www.sephora.com/water-drop-hydrating-moisturizer-P407073

It sinks into the skin so quickly and is the most hydrating product I've used (relative to how lightweight it is). A heavier cream will give more moisture and make my skin dewy but what I love about this one is that it makes my skin change from looking dry to looking normal. And it's great under makeup too.

I've loved using many Josie Maran products in my skincare routine. Since I don't have any signs of aging to reverse, her line has really helped prevent them from even appearing. I have been using the Argan Oil for probably four years now, and a variety of other products for my skin and body. I'm currently obsessed with the Whipped Mud Mask and will need to be restocking soon. My skin always looks and feels its best after I've used it. Since my skin tends to be on the dry side, the Argan Oil is very moisturizing as well.

My favorite skincare/cosmetic double tasker is IT Cosmetics Your Skin But Better CC Cream. It really is the miracle product everyone says it is, there is a reason it has cult status!

So far the only things that's really made a big difference for my skin is the Belief Bergamot Herbal Extract Toner. It's helped my skin not be so oily. 

Hi, @KatieBT - The results-driven skin care that has worked best for me over the years has been using a facial exfoliator/scrub two to three times a week.  In addition I use PTR Anti-aging Cleansing Gel everyday along with a toner.

The one thing I'm having trouble with is a moisturizer.  I've tried several over the past few years that have all worked great, except they make my face oily/greasy after a couple of hours.

I am oily-ish (worse in the summer) in my T-zone and mildly dry-ish (worse in the winter) on my cheeks.  From my research, I'm probably using a moisturizer that is too rich and/or creamy.  I'm not sure what to use since creamy moisturizers or "ultra" hydrating moisturizers seem to be the options.  I do need something more than a very light moisturizer.  I used Neutrogena Oil Free either Sensitive Skin or Combination Skin (I don't remember) for years.  It was great, but eventually it was not moisturizing enough.  I've been looking for a new moisturizer ever since.

Suggestions?

8 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 8 replies
  • 6 Hearts Given
  • 9 Contributors
testing