candacebt

In Focus: Marc Jacobs Beauty

We all know the story: Fancy designer / actress / singer gets approached by a cosmetics company who offers them a GAZILLION dollars to slap their name on a couple of beauty products, and voila! We've got a new celebrity
makeup line.

Kind of annoying, right?

Well, we got a hold of some of the original Marc Jacobs product sketches that were used to create the line (with a little design added so you can see the final product); personally I think they're adorbz, so I had to share. I love that you can tell how much input the designer himself had into the creation of the products; he wasn't slapping his name on anything (and if you think that Sephora would even allow that, I'm deeply offended *clutches pearls* :smileyhappy:)!

What's your favorite product from Marc Jacobs Beauty? Show & Tell!

Lash Lifter - Gel Volume Mascara: "What if we were to create a mascara component that looks like glass - filled with shiny blackest mascara? Also, let's play a bit with the shape and proportions to make it more unexpected!"

mascara 9.19.jpg

Marc Jacobs Beauty Compacts: "My fave finish is glossy, glossy, Black! (like a high shine lacquer) My favorite piece of furniture is an art deco lacquered black coffee table - 30 coats of Black lacquer!! that's the goal here!"

compact 19.19.jpg

Lip Lock Moisture Balm: "Logo should literally 'stand out'. See sunglasses for raised letter - more pronounced, and always tactile!"

lip balm 9.19.jpg

Remedy Concealer Pen: "What would be a new way of applying a concealer?? Make an unusual tip, like this one? A material that's 'cool' to the touch - soothes tired eyes!"

concealer 9.19.jpg

Style Eye-Con No.3 - Plush Shadow: "I'd like the "edges" to be softened - to feel sensuous, tactile, while still remaining sleek!"

eye shadow 9.19.jpg

Enamored Hi-Shine Nail Lacquer: "Rounded, glossy, black cap! Silver band (again!)"

polish 9.19.jpg

Comments
drrragon
(0) Hearts

candace that is super-cool!  thanks for sharing! :smileyhappy:  and LOL at the indignant pearl clutching, hahaha

candacebt
(0) Hearts

@drrragon - Ha! Glad you liked that. :smileyhappy:

misscg
(0) Hearts

This is so cute. I have a bunch of Marc Jacob stuff I haven't gotten around to using, like the nail polishes and lip gloss. I do love his liquid foundation. It works so well. Both of the eyeliners are awesome too.

garnett
(0) Hearts

I LOVE the MJ nail lacquer  in LOLA which is a gorgeous true red. It's bright and sexy but but still appropriate for business.  I go 2 weeks between manicures and it holds up beautifully.  I am looking forward to trying other colors. 

violalea
(0) Hearts

I wish I had more MJ products but right now I only have the mini rollerball MJ Dot and I love it :smileyhappy:.

Titian06
(0) Hearts

I love the little drawings on each sheet--THAT'S a personal touch!

I don't have any Marc Jacob's yet.  I forgot to check out the products last week when I was at Sephora (how could I forget?!).

ry22
(0) Hearts

Wow! Mark Jacobs certainly does have a flair for design outside of just clothes. I never noticed it until seeing this, but the little details he pointed out definitely make the products "appear" more luxe. 

the702diva
(0) Hearts

My fave product is by far the nail Lacquers. I LOVE Fluorescent Beige, so pretty.

lolo01
(0) Hearts

My favorites for the moment...:smileyhappy: 

20130919_215513-1.jpeg

Neatgurl
(0) Hearts

Currently in love with the style eye-con shadows!

mimibel
(0) Hearts

I had The Vamp look done on me in store and played with the highliners Blacquer and Jazzberry. I love the long-lasting creamy formula. Gel liner in a twist up stick, very soft to apply then sets. What could be better, really?

mimibel
(0) Hearts

Not clutching pearls...

not clutching the pearls :smileywink:

Article Stats
  • 12 comments
  • 7 hearts
  • 11 in conversation
    • misscg
    • drrragon
    • ry22
    • the702diva