Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Trending at Sephora
|

In Focus: Korres

I've always been a fan of Korres' nourishing, plant-rich products, so when I heard they were going back to their apothecary roots with a new line of essentials made with homeopathic recipes, I was super intrigued. I talked to George and Lena Korres to get the scoop on this new line and the brand's rich heritage. 

korres apothecary.jpgThe Korres story is fascinating and spans generations. Talk a little about how the brand started.

George: When I was only eight years old I would “experiment” with formulas in my mother’s apothecary – almost twenty years later I found myself as a homeopathic pharmacist in the oldest apothecary in Athens! This is where Lena and I created small batches of herbal remedies for friends, family and fans, and soon word spread all over Greece. Using our deep knowledge of over 3000 herbal extracts we began creating natural beauty solutions, and from there the KORRES brand was born.

What was the inspiration behind starting this new apothecary line?modern apothecary.jpg

George: For over twenty years we‘ve been creating advanced formulas rooted in traditional plant remedies passed down from generation to generation. Visitors of Greece would come to our herbal apothecary and fall in love with our natural remedies, but when they traveled back home they were frustrated that they couldn’t find these products at their local store!

Lena: Particularly beauty editors, who would reach out to us constantly asking where they can find these remedies in the United States. So finally we decided it was time to share these precious formulas, and we’re so happy to offer them exclusively to Sephora.

korres local ingredients.jpgHow do you source the herbs that are used in your products and these new essential oils?

George: We are extremely proud of our partnerships with several farming co-operatives all over Greece. We work with organic farmers who are experts in gentle and sustainable harvests that respect the earth. We have developed a custom extraction process that allows us to harness the full power of the plants but with a completely no-waste process to further benefit the environment.

How would you recommend using essential oils for clients who aren't familiar essential oils.jpgwith them?

Lena: There are countless applications for using essential oils. The art and science of aromatherapy dates back thousands of years and it encompasses everything from anti-aging facial treatments to de-stressing body massages. The key to application is to always dilute powerful essential oils in a milder base for a safe topical treatment. From there, it is all about choosing the blends that best suit your needs! Our Precious Oils Collection contains an entire recipe booklet that allows you to precisely measure and mix your own custom blends to heal and soothe face, body, hair and home.

honey base syrup.jpgWhat is the story behind the new Honey Base Syrup? What kind of product is it?

Lena: The Honey and Herbal Supplement Syrup is a global icon for us – practically every home in Greece has one in their refrigerator! It soothes with natural ingredients honey, thyme, fennel and aniseed, all of which also help provide energy, and is completely preservative free.

George: The recipe is based on a Korres family tradition passed down from my great-great grandfather. It perfectly captures the heart and spirit of the KORRES herbal apothecary: totally natural formulas based on ancient traditions that soothe the body and the spirit.

george and lena.jpg

Re: In Focus: Korres

I've been a fan of their Wild Rose Line now for years! Can't wait to try out the newest peel. Great, great skincare line!!!

Ooooh this looks awesome

I wonder if they have anything with calendula or arnica extracts. My grandma always used them to heal skin and even help fade bruising 

I fell in love with the Korres body butters (I can't live without Fig or Yoghurt), and still have & use one of their cherry lipglosses, among other things. How sweet to read that some of their work has been influenced by their family's generations!

4 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 4 replies
  • 6 Hearts Given
  • 5 Contributors
Photos6
  • korres apothecary.jpg
  • modern apothecary.jpg
  • korres local ingredients.jpg
  • essential oils.jpg
  • honey base syrup.jpg
  • george and lena.jpg