cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Trending at Sephora
|

Happy National Lipstick Day!

National Lipstick Day.jpg

Hey BeautyTalk, have you heard that today is the most wonderful holiday of the year?!  Yup, it's National Lipstick Day! Okay okay, so everyday is kind of like National Lipstick Day on BT but I hope you are inspired to seize the day whether it means finally going for that bold lip or just showing off your favorite lipstick!

Today I thought it would be fun to get in the spirit and to give some credit to our most beloved lippies so I want to know....

What's your HG lipstick? 

Can't wait to hear your faves and hope everyone gets to celebrate!

Re: Happy National Lipstick Day!

Just seeing this thread now.

I've really been on a Lancome Rouge L'Absolu kick (especially getting them half-price on sale.)

I have never had another line have so many shades that really work for me.

The latest one I got, Bordeaux, is a dark wine with a very muted frost that is stunning.

I can't choose only one! I do favour pinky-nudes, NARS Cruella, and KVD Lolita....and brown shades...hmmm I don't discriminate lol..I like them all!!!

I have tooe many lipsticks to have a favorite brand or shade, but love the bold bright ones.

Since we're talking lipstick, does anyone have insights into what Hillary wore during her acceptance speech? I have to admit (I know, there were bigger issues at hand) when I saw her come out in a red lip I thought "Oh, well this won't likely end well," but the wear was flawless throughout the inevitable lip licking and pursing that happens when somebody presents before a (huge) crowd for nearly an hour. 

I've always loved vibrant magenta lipsticks (can't think of a particular favourite in that category because I love all of them :D). Recently I've been really liking Bite Beauty's No.5 Lavendar Thistle though!

I agree with @jemly and @mrsbaine, I can't pick a single lipstick.  I have tons and I love them all!  My favorites include Bite Beauty and NARS Audatious.  I am sooooo looking forward to trying the new UD Vice.  (Yeah, I'm a little slow!)

Happy National Lipstick Day, everyone!  🙂

I'm with @jemly and @mrsbaine, I couldn't possibly pick a single HG lipstick. I have too so many. And I love so many of them. 

In terms of HG formulas... 

My favourite liquid formula to date is Colourpop Ultra Satin (sorry Sephora!). And in terms of regular lipsticks... I LOVE the new UD Vice line (hoping they will release more colours even though there are 120 shades already?!) and Nars Audacious. I can make almost any lipstick formula work for me though, and I'd say the only one that I really don't like are the Tarte butter lipsticks!

Lipstick is one thing for which my HG keep changing. These days I am on liquid lipstick kick so Stila stay all day lipsticks are my HG right now. These are the only liquid lipstick that don't give my empty circle after eating and fades evenly.

I love my Guerlain Rouge Gs. Gracia and Gladys are my top shades, which I own. Grenade is another shade I love. 

Too Faced Lady Balls, Nars Audacious, and Bite are my faves...being more specific would be too hard!  I love all my babies!

Bite Mauvember! I wish I had bought a backup 😞

I could never pick just one! Tom Ford, Urban Decay, Bite, Lipstick Queen, NARS....... the list goes on. Heart

KVD Outlaw and JS Doll Parts are my HG Lipsticks.

I am wearing UD Vice lipstick and lip liner in Peyote; perhaps one of my favorite combinations of all time!

20160729_102420-1-1.jpg

For national lipstick day I'm wearing Bite Beauty Butter Cream lipstick in "Caramel", a gorgeous and rich creamy nude colored lipstick. Bite is one of my favorite brands! 🙂

Charlotte Tilbury's K.I.S.S.I.N.G lipsticks in Nude Kate (perfect nude as it has a bit of peach in it so it doesn't make my already pale skin look more pale) and Penelope Pink (is more of a pinky nude). Both work well with so many different eye looks and are always in my purse.

I'm with @jemly; It would be like picking my favorite kid. 🙂 I love Tom Ford lipsticks; the original formula. If I had to pick a favorite (today) it would probably be Negligee. 

THIS IS MY KINDA THREAD !! lipstick, my love. i don't have an HG color, but my HG lipstick line is NARS audacious (and, to extend that, i really truly love every NARS lip line there is). 

i go through liquid lipstick phases too, though ! i love both the stila and kat von d ones !

I'll start 🙂 

I am OBSESSED with KVD Everlasting Liquid Lipstick! Lolita and Bow N Arrow are my favorites and I'd be a very sad KatieBT without them in my life ❤️ ❤️ ❤️ 

19 Replies
Conversation Stats
Photos2
  • National Lipstick Day.jpg
  • 20160729_102420-1-1.jpg
testing