Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Trending at Sephora
|

Featured Thread: Undereye Setting Powder

For today’s Featured Thread, we’re looking for the best undereye setting powder.

My recommendation? MAKE UP FOR EVER HD Microfinish Powder, which I use every day.

What say ye, BeautyTalk?

undereye powder 3.28.jpg

Check out the whole thread here> http://seph.me/11StMtY

Shop face powders> http://seph.me/ZDZGqb

What’s your recommendation for ksparkle2000? Show & Tell in the comments!

Re: Featured Thread: Undereye Setting Powder

Thanks for the suggestions @candacebt & @lylsa 🙂 I'm trying the Tarte version currently, but the Too Faced sounds promising. My problem is that I travel so much for work, with out it being able to truely close, it is a mess by the time I land at the hotel.

@dreamsfortaking, Too Faced's Primed & Poreless Powder is another silica based/HD powder that comes with a twist and lock over over it's openings so you can reveal how ever many open holes to tap out powder, it's also great for travel!

Oooh, my comment made the show and tell! I'm famous!

Anonymous Insider

Absolutely agree there is nothing that will ever compare to the MUFE HD powder I love it . My personal fave!

@dreamsfortaking - I know, it can get a little messy. Once I saw a makeup artist hold the little cannister upright and tap it into his palm before he opened it, that seemed to settle some of the powder inside. Now I do that and hold it steady when I open it so I avoid getting it all over my clothes!

@makeupmaven - great tips! I want to try that blush one.

Yes on the MUFE HD Powder, and a little tip I learned in a training a long time ago is to use a crease brush (one with longer, looser bristles as opposed to a smaller, tightly packed crease brush) like this one:

http://www.sephora.com/pro-crease-brush-10-P313024?skuId=1419522

Just pick up a very small amount of the powder (Laura Mercier's Loose Setting Powder can also work for this; you just need a loose powder without any color) and lightly dust it on.

Or, another good tip for dark circles is to brush a little bit of your blush in this area (especially peachy colors to counteract the darkness) which will also add some dewiness.

I agree Make Up Forever's Microfinish Powder is amazing! Perfectly sets your make up without looking "over done". I wish they would change the packaging however! Super messy.

7 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 7 replies
  • 11 Hearts Given
  • 6 Contributors
Photos1
  • undereye powder 3.28.jpg
testing