Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Trending at Sephora
|

Featured Thread: Summer Primers

Today's thread is all about prime-time primers. I have combo skin that gets oilier in the summer (and moon crater pores), so I'm especially interested in this topic!

What say ye, BeautyTalk: What's your favorite summer primer? Show & Tell!

Primers 6.13.jpg

Read the whole thread here (including an excellent reply by Hall of Famer lylysa that didn't fit in this wrap-up)> http://seph.me/14z4ccL

Shop Primers> http://seph.me/11Cae87

Anonymous Insider

Re: Featured Thread: Summer Primers

Smashbox BB Cream light/medium

I am not sure why but my skin gets cranky when I frequently use a primer that contains silicone.  When I really need to have my makeup last all day for a special occasion, I use MUFE HD Primer. 

For normal days I like to use Korres Quercetin & Oak face primer.  It's definitely made for dry or mature skin.  When I use a primer, I tend to apply them lightly to the center of my face from the eyebrows to the chin.  That is where my larger pores and facial lines live.

I love Hourglass Mineral Veil, although it is expensive I've found it really is the best! It keeps shine at bay and my makeup lasts all day.

On another note, I'm super excited to try Benefit's new stick primer, seems interesting and very convenient.

I'm not a fan of face primers, just eye primers, just because I don't see any difference with or without it on my face. My makeup lasts all day on me--I have normal to dry skin and I find that my face cream locks in my foundation perfectly.

Anonymous Insider

My favorite summer primer is the hourglass mineral veil I live in the South and this stuff really holds up.

My favorite summer primer has always been the Urban Decay Pore Perfecting Complexion Primer Potion. It's not too heavy or too light for my skin and really keeps my makeup staying on! Of course I also do a quick blast of KVD Lock n Load setting spray! 😉

Luv&Lipgloss, Diana

FIY, I'm currently using the Korres Pomegranate primer, I will have to say it's not the MOST mattifying primer (compared to other staples like Mister Mat or Porefessional), but it's decent if you have normal skin and just need something a slight step up in the warmer months! It feels like a light weight lotion and smells great! 😄

7 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 7 replies
  • 5 Hearts Given
  • 8 Contributors
Photos1
  • Primers 6.13.jpg
testing