Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Trending at Sephora
|

Daily Obsessions: Top Tools

I don’t know about you, but shopping for beauty tools stresses me the heck out. Don’t get me wrong, taking the plunge for my (beloved) Clarisonic was totally worth it, but just thinking about how many nail polishes I could buy for the price of one fancy device makes me a little dizzy. Luckily I work for a beauty company, so there is usually someone within a stone’s throw of my desk who has tried whatever tool I have been eyeing and can give me the lowdown.

So for this week’s obsessions roundup, I’ve scoured the archives to bring you our staffers’ favorite beauty gadgets. Because shopping should never be stressful.

Tools 4.16_edit.jpg

1: Clarisonic Plus Sonic Skin Cleansing System

"Since I started using my Clarisonic, my skin has drastically improved. It's diminished blemishes and helped my complexion become smoother and much more radiant." Michael A., Brand Training Product Expert

2: Clarisonic Mia2 Skin Cleansing System

"City living calls for intense cleansing—and this product is as effective as a facial. The rotating bristles clean deep—it’s like a big electric toothbrush for the face." Sam D., Beauty Writer

3: Sephora by OPI gelshine™ At-Home Gel Colour System

"I’ve tried gel manicures at the salon, but now I can easily do it at home—no appointment necessary. This set includes everything I need for an ultra-glossy, chip-free manicure in a flash. I’m totally hooked." Heather D., Social Media Producer

4: Sultra The Bombshell 1 Inch

"I wrap a few random strands around this tool and it instantly gives my hair that coveted beachy wave look. It's completely effortless and it lasts from sun up to way past sundown." Lisa M., Public Relations Coordinator

5: GLO Brilliant™ Personal Teeth Whitening Device

"I wanted to brighten up my smile for summer, so I decided to give this a try. I love how easy it is to use (I’ve even GLO’d at my desk!) My teeth looked whiter and brighter after just a few days." Carrie S., Senior Brand Marketing Manager

6: T3 Voluminous Hot Rollers Set

"I'm a klutz, so curling irons can be dangerous for me. These rollers heat up fast and are easy to use, so I can avoid getting burned! In no time at all, I have pretty curls." Elaine L., Director, Business Strategy

7: ghd Candy Collection 1” Professional Styler

"It may look like a flat iron, but it’s secretly a styler! It straightens my hair quickly without causing split ends and breakage. It works as a curling iron too: Just wrap a strand of hair around and pull down." Samantha H., Assistant Buyer

8: T3 Featherweight Luxe 2i

"This is the best thing to happen to my hair since dry shampoo. Not only does the tourmaline technology cut drying time in half, it also doesn't damage your hair. It actually leaves it silky and soft." Melissa P., Acquisition Manager

What beauty tool do you swear by? Show & Tell in the comments!

Shop all tools> http://seph.me/11eLweO

Re: Daily Obsessions: Top Tools

I don't have any expensive tools but I am starting to splurge on brushes (which I do consider "tools"). I love my drugstore Ecotools and Real Techniques but have just bought a mac 217 brush and I am in love! I totally see why its every makeup guru's must have item, it basically does all the work for you! I don't have very many eye shadow brushes, and the few that I do have get the job done but not nearly as well or as fast as the 217. It cost me 23 bucks, and that's without tax and I have never.ever.ever spend that much on one brush! So the mac 217 is my new fave tool 😄

@prettyinpa - I REALLY want the body brush. I'm going to have to get that.

@starletta - after my 3rd drugstore blowdryer conked out on me, I splurged on T3. TOTALLY worth it!

Not quite beauty, but I adore my Sonicare toothbrush!

I received a CHI for Christmas last year- I totally see the difference between drugstore and high-end tools.

I love the Clarisonic Plus skin brush! When I got mine, the Mia hadn't been invented yet, so my choice was regular or plus. I'm sure glad that I got the Plus as I love the body brush which is great for removing sunscreen and dirt after I've been gardening and horse riding. I don't own any other relatively expensive tools except the GLO tooth whitening system, so I don't have a lot of money tied up in tools.

4 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 4 replies
  • 2 Hearts Given
  • 4 Contributors
Photos1
  • Tools 4.16_edit.jpg
testing