cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Trending at Sephora
|

Brightening with Vitamin C

05.05_STSY.jpg

Dullness can be a drag! Your quick-fix? Vitamin C. This skin-lightening, super-hydrating antioxidant combats lackluster skin and helps you achieve a brighter, more youthful-looking complexion in no time.

Sunday Riley’s luxurious, glow-boosting C.E.O. Moisturizer fights first signs of aging caused by environmental stressors, refines skin’s texture, and visibly plumps using a powerful, next-generation form of vitamin C, THD ascorbate. Infused with vitamin C and collagen, Ole Henriksen’s powerful, anti-aging Truth Serum–bursting with an energizing citrus scent–delivers all-day hydration and leaves skin looking firm, radiant, and healthy. -Tracy J. 

How do you use vitamin C to brighten? Show & tell!

Re: Brightening with Vitamin C

I have used so many Vitamin C products but the only one I feel worked for me is Oskia Brightlight serum. It isn't easy to get in Canada so I use it on and off. I have started using Hylamide C25 booster in the morning a while ago. I like it but can't say for sure if it is doing anything for me or not.

I have tried OH truth serum but just like other OH products my skin doesn't feel any change at all. I have a few fools of SR CEO sitting around but haven't tried any yet.

@kso1225You're welcome! Hopefully it will work well for you, especially since you've been using been using the Timeless. I only apply Vitamin C products on my face but since I don't patch test on my face, applying it anywhere else is like going from 0 to 100. lol. I'm still too afraid to use it purely on its own but I'm planning on gradually using less and less moisturizer in the mixture.

@spadersgirl yikes that sounds scary!  Hopefully my skin is okay with the intensity since I'm using the 20% formulation from Timeless, but I'm definitely going to be cautious. Thanks for the heads up! 

It doesn't specifically say Vitamin C but I use the Neogen Dermalogy Bio-Peel Lemon pads which has a variety of citrus extracts. I've had more success with those than the sample of the Skin Inc Vitamin C serum I got a while back, although the Skin Inc might have worked better if I had the full size to test for a longer period of time.

@kso1225mentioned The Ordinary and I started using the same Vitamin C product three days ago. I intend to try it out for the next 45 days before I decide how I feel about it. I don't know if mine melted a bit when it was being shipped to me but mine isn't gritty at all. Just a tad oily. But my goodness within the first minute of use the area I spot-tested burned so badly that I had to slather it with another product to dilute it. My skin isn't used to that high of a concentration of vitamin C. Now that I've been able to successfully mix it, I haven't any issues.

After the 45 days is over, if I don't like the results, I'm going to start using my Neogen Bio-Peel again or maybe give CEO a try. 

I use vitamin C every morning and wouldn't dream of a routine without it!  I started off with Ole Henriksen's Truth Serum and then moved on to Drunk Elephant's.  DE's felt a little heavy on my skin for daytime (it has marula oil) so I switched to the Timeless 20% C/E/Ferulic acid. It's like a cheaper version of Skinceuticals and I have been loving it.  It definitely exfoliates my skin some but I've noticed my hyperpigmentation around my hair line has faded in the ~5 months I've been using it. I also love Ole Henriksen's Power Bright but it's pretty intense so I only use it every other week or so.

I ordered the Vitamin C suspension from The Ordinary to try next.  I've heard it has a gritty, unpleasant texture, but I'm okay with working around that if it's effective.  I have a few spots on my chest that I would like to fade, so I will probably test it there while continuing to use Timeless on my face.  

I've been using OH Truth Serum for years, but I'm actually really curious about the Dr. Dennis Gross vitamin C serum. But, I'm on a no-buy after hitting Rouge for next year and can't get the promo right now!

SR products never work for me but I actually really like the ceo moisturizer! Just wish as usual it came in a tube especially since it claims to have vit c..I can't see it being very effective in that aspect. It smells so nice. I made sure to grab a couple promo minis of this n foils. I do not think I will buy the full size though, too pricey for something I am not sure will stay active. 

SR CEO cream was more for dry/combination skin and too rich for me, but the serum was perfect. It didn't irritate, slightly moisturizes and there's enough vit C that I saw effects.

I used the OH Truth Serum for a few years, but I never saw a difference.  I love the scent though!

I just received the deluxe sample of the SR CEO Moisturizer.  I'm interested in what, if any, results I get with this product.

@Samtian - How awful!  I can empathize.  That happens to me with any form of Retinol and lactic acid.

I don't use vitamin C, or I try to avoid it at least. Any time I've tried anything with vitamin C I break out. 

11 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 11 replies
  • 13 Hearts Given
  • 9 Contributors
Photos1
  • 05.05_STSY.jpg
testing