cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Trending at Sephora
|

Beauty Challenge: How do you Oil?

Oils_1.13.jpg

Fact: Beauty oils can be a little scary.

I mean, what are they? How do you use them? When? Will they work with your oily skin? I could give you endless stats and facts about how awesome beauty oils are, but this is BeautyTalk, so let's make this a team effort!

For this week's Beauty Challenge, it's time to talk oils. Do you use (and love) a beauty oil? How do you use it? How has it worked for you?

And if you haven't tried a beauty oil yet, I challenge you to go for it (and report back)!

Show & Tell!

Find which beauty oil is right for you> http://seph.me/1dqcXvZ

Re: Beauty Challenge: How do you Oil?

Do you use (and love) a beauty oil? How do you use it? How has it worked for you?

Q#1.  Do you use (and love) a beauty oil?

A.      Yes, on both parts of this question.

I have tried Josie Maran Argan Oil - okay, but a bit more oily than my skin likes.

In addition to that, I liked how light and penetrating Tarte Maracuja Oil is.

However, my Boscia Tsubaki Oil is a perfect match for me at this point since it doesn't irritate my eyes (a major issue for me), break me out, or sit on top of my skin like a grease-slick waiting to be absorbed.  Added bonus:  smells very nice, like natural botanicals.

Q#2.  How do you use it?

A.       I mix about 3 - 5 drops in with my FAB moisturizer then use an additional drop rubbed between my fingers to tap onto my eyelids at nighttime so that it can really maximize its potential to repair and replenish w/out having to fight all the environmental exposure throughout the day.

Q#3.  How has it worked for you?

A.       I've noticed that cold weather and dry indoor heating has depleted my skin's natural moisture more this winter season than any other, so I knew I would need something more intensive to add to my skincare routine.  It has cut any dry, flaky patches Ol' Man Winter tried to bless me with and definitely made my skin super-soft in addition to the deeper hydration.

every morning and night I use oil as my moisturizer I take a drop of boscia tubuski a drop of tartes maracuja and a drop of fresh seaberry and mix them together on my finger tips and pat them all over my face. I love the combination for glow and to keep acne away.

I tried 100% pure argan oil for the glow as well it was too heavy my mom told me my face looked greasy every time I had it on and it broke me out

Anonymous Insider

As someone that's prone to breakouts, facial oils terrified me!  The JM Argan Oil broke me out & I vowed to stay away forever.  I did give in after awhile & tried the Tarte Maracuja Oil...  now use it exclusively as my facial moisturizer 🙂  I've also used it to "cut" my KVD foundation when I want a lighter, more natural look.

I've gone through 2 "trial size" bottles & half of a full size in the last year.  I have my Fresh Seaberry Oil & the Boscia Tsubuki Oil on deck, waiting for their turn.  I'm super excited to try the Tsubuki Oil, it smells amazing!!  

I think I'm a face oil hoarder =D

Do you use (and love) a beauty oil?

Yes, I use several: Sponge,La Bella Figura,Pai, One Love Organics.

My absolute favorite is the Pai (orange one, I use at night), and One love Organics Critical Chia seed oil used during the day. I feel as though the Pai has evened out my skin tone, although I must say I didn't have much if any hyper pigmentation to start with. The Chia seed is VERY moisturizing, but doesn't leave my skin greasy. Only 1/2-1 drop is need for my entire face & neck.

• 20140102_111046.jpg

How do you use it?

I usually alternate between the oils, depending on what my skin needs at that particular moment. Oh I "pat" it onto my skin. I never rub it.

How has it worked for you?

I feel as though the Pai has evened out my skin tone, although I must say I didn't have much if any hyper pigmentation to start with. The Chia seed is VERY moisturizing, but doesn't leave my skin greasy. Only 1/2-1 drop is need for my entire face & neck.

I love my tsubaki oil! Josie Maran is good to have on hand for moisture! Next on my list to try will be the Tarte.

@lillyyy - letsee - Tarte / ? / Tsubaki / ? / JM 🙂

@lilyyy I am one of the "anyone else" that Id-ed the oils.. I wouldn't have known that I did without reading your comment lol

anyway, 

I didn't believe in any other oil than the Tea tree ever since my skin started breaking out 

but I started getting really dry during the winter ever since I've been exfoliating and moisturizing better - and as my acne cleared away. 

I've only head success with the Sea buckthorn oil that I've purchased at the Whole foods and the Fresh Sea berry oil. They help me calm down the redness and inflammation from over exfoliating and the cold weather. 

I've tried the Avocado oil and another organic combination of jojoba, argan, olive, etc oils but both broke me out a bit and didn't absorb.. couldn't sleep with that. 

I think it really depends on if the oil is suited for your skin... but I personally think its too risky... I hate having breakouts from a product... it takes forever to recover and meanwhile the makeup looks horrible 

Did anyone else successfully ID the oils above without having to look the label? Who am I kidding, all of us addicts did! 

Conversation Stats
Photos2
  • Oils_1.13.jpg
  • 20140102_111046.jpg
testing