Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Trending at Sephora
|

What new technology would you love to see in our stores? (Make-over videos playing in stores? Ratings & Reviews kiosk? Sephora.com on an iPad?)

Re: What new technology would you love to see in our stores? (Make-over videos playing in stores? Ratings & Reviews kiosk? Sephora.com on

I would LOVE to see a ratings and reviews kiosk, service in Sephora stores is spotty a lot because I feel like everyone is trying to look up product reviews. 

Re: What new technology would you love to see in our stores? (Make-over videos playing in stores? Ratings & Reviews kiosk? Sephora.com on

Hiya @happyreviewer...just so you know, this thread is 3-6+ years old 🙂

Re: What new technology would you love to see in our stores? (Make-over videos playing in stores? Ra

I know there's a sephora app so we can browse products, but I wish there was an app or at least an option in the sephora app where we could talk with the community board. Either by being able to post things to BT or even like a chat program. The only way I can do that through my phone is by clicking on the 'desktop' action, it gets a bit frustrating!!

Re: What new technology would you love to see in our stores? (Make-over videos playing in stores? Ra

We should get royalties for giving our ideas to Sephora when they use them 😉

I realize this thread is looking technology in stores, but I had an idea that I'm not sure where would fit in or may have even been previously been mentioned but... how about a real sink with running water in the stores?  I know its possible as Lululemon has one and claims it's potable too.  But instead of running around looking for little bottles of cleaner, it really would help with certain products like cleansers that really need to be washed off afterwards. Certain makeup removers and purell still leave a film and can't quite compete with soap and water. So, please don't throw rotten eggs at me for posting in the wrong place.  My interpretation of technology is really stretching it out towards plumbing 🙂  Thanks for listening.

I agree with blushnglow.  A sink would be great!!!

I think generally, we should be able to search for a product based on color, type, and price.  Also, free shipping to store would be amazing!!!! I think that way more orders would be placed and it would be more for customers who want to just get a few specific items that are less than $50. 

I agree with: Make the return process like Home Depot (sooo easy and low stress) where they can use your card to lookup and return purchases. 

Wireless signal is KEY for me too, I always shop from my loves list and if I can't access it I can'r really shop in store -- and will just go home and shop online instead.

Also YES to making BT Mobile friendly/part of the mobile app!

The stores, especially the ones tucked up and away on 2nd floors of giant malls, often times don't have any wireless signal. I'm always trying to get my Sephora app to even open so I can find my "loves" to help me shop and I usually just have to give up. I think all the stores need a wi-fi signal boost because all this technology is useless if we can't access it. For better or for worse I would be buying more if I had my list in front of me. 

I realize this is an old thread but I'd like to give my two cents 🙂

My suggestion is related to technology but a little different. I would like for your return process to be similar to the Home Depot's. We recently remodeled two bathrooms and had a lot of extra material when we were done. We didn't have to worry about sifting through receipts because they scan the item being returned and the card it was purchased with. Their system knows if the purchase of the item was made on that card (I once gave a different card by mistake and it didn't recognize the purchase).

I think it's awesome technology that would be very helpful to your customers. Personally, as a beauty junkie, I have too many receipts! This would take the burden off the customer of always having to keep track of their receipts and it's wonderful customer service.

It would also be nice to be able to access Beauty Talk from your mobile app and/or mobile site.

Or to be able to use our BI cards to look up receipt of purchase. If we can see our past purchases on our online accounts it shouldn't be that hard for the computers at the store to see our past purchases by scanning our cards. 

Anonymous Insider

Agree, BI would be better because I would prefer my cc # not be hanging around in a system for lookup. I'm looking at you, Target.

Anonymous Insider

Ship to store from online PLEASE!!

A ratings kiosk would be nice.  At my store they already have a system where you can scan the bar code and look at some of the ratings and how to use the product.  They can also print it out on receipt type paper that you can take home.

Ratings and Reviews would be great.

I think I would really just love for Sephora to improve the existing apps on the Android and iOS platforms, so that they are more useful as we are browsing in-store. 🙂

http://community.sephora.com/t5/Sephora-Asks/What-would-you-like-to-be-able-to-do-with-the-Sephora-i...

I agree, please improve the android app and let us access BT via the app!

I went into Sephora yesterday to revamp my foundation routine and the sales associate was so lovely and helpful. I came home with a wonderful assortment of goodies, but I forgot some of the products she recommended that I didn't end up purchasing. Having some sort of system where the recommendations went on your account file would be amazing! Maybe some sort of barcode scanner or something...

I think having a tech that would take a picture of your face, then determine what colors and products would be best for you. Maybe even have it come out on a printout so that you can move along quickly so the next person can go. 

1. Make over videos would be nice.If Sephora continued to produce videos, it would be nice to look up videos/photos for the product I'm interested in. Review kiosks would be great too. If these are set up,I would want to scan products for one-step look up. Otherwise, it would be too time consuming to find products, and I wouldn't use the technology.

2.  In-store dupe finder, like pantone for color products. There are times when. I find a color I love, but the product formula is a problem. Going all over the store to find the color I want is a pain!!

471 Replies
testing