Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Trending at Sephora
|

Re: We love discounts too! But, let's get creative: What other new benefits would you like to see fr

LOL thank you!  Ahhh Friday evening will be so nice!

Re: We love discounts too! But, let's get creative: What other new benefits would you like to see fr

Eesh, emmaclaire, you're nothing but sweet!  No drama llama for you...

dl.png

LOL that kind of looks like me in real life hahahaha

Minus the ear hair 😉

I agree with this. It'd be nice to be able to use my points like this, seeing as how I rarely like the point perks.

One of my biggest frustrations with Sephora is that there are never any true GWPs.  You have to redeem points, which are based on money spent of course, so we're ultimately buying the "gift" anyway.  If it's feasible for all of your competitors to do it, why can't you?  The majority of my business that you lose is because someone else has a better deal -  a much, much better deal.  Also, the selection of point perks you do offer is lacking at best.  The choices are minimal, the supply is insufficient when there is a good perk, and I have even received old/outdated products when I have redeemed points.  I know you can do much better if you tried.

Anonymous Insider

RE: Re: We love discounts too! But, let's get creative: What other new benefits would you like to see fr

There are gifts with purchase all the time. You can go search for coupon codes and there's a free gift with purchase over $35 is usually the minimum online. I typically only buy on Sephora.com and pick my favorite code to use.

I agree with this SO much. Sephora you're losing out by not having GWPs similar to department stores

Glad someone resurrected this post.

Like everyone else is saying, more samples.  But not just more samples online... more samples in-store, too.  I *never* get samples in-store, and I don't want to ask someone for samples, either.  I'd like it if the SA just threw random samples in my bag without me having to ask. 

Another aspect of the program that could use work is sending out notifications for special events.  Someone said they signed up for a Marc Jacobs event at the Powell St. store in SF and they received a bunch of free goodies, *but* they weren't notified about this event.  They just happened to have checked out the in-store events section and seen it there.  If you're going to do a special event like, especially if you're giving out free goodies, you should notify people...  *especially* Rogue members.  Ahem.

Also, I've opted out of your mailing list because I hate your mailers.  You need to do those mailers better.  Nobody wants to see a picture of a lipstick in the tube; we want to see it *on* a model.  You had a Christmas mailer in 2009 which I've still held onto because I *loved* the model and photos in those ads.  (It was for MUFE aqua cream shadows, one of the looks included UD eyeshadow in hot pants, some teal aqua cream, and a fuchsia aqua cream.) 

I really appreciate good promotional material.  MAC sends out lovely cards every time they have a new line launching, and maybe you could do something like that.  It doesn't have to be super fancy -- it could just be a promotional image on a postcard.  I'd also enjoy little things stickers/pens/magnets/etc.  I think you could produce these reasonably cheaply.

-Besides perk points, there should be a separate gift or service for each time someone spends x amount of dollars (200,300,400,500, pick one the best one) 

-Give more options for perk point use - I wouldn't mind getting the chance to use 2000 points for a discount or coupon or picking a full size product that has x value (4,5,10 etc)

-Events,events,events. It would be nice to have an event for each season, to introduce the best trends and limited edition products of the season. If the VIB Rouge event keeps occurring, there should be first access to a new release in the event time frame, with same day access for all Sephora customers. Sephora would be more competitive if it did these release events the same day the brand does.

Actually send us surprse gifts as advertised. By gifts I mean, we should not have to spend money to get them as we already have been doing so to reach this level. Especially more money than usual. The last perk for the new year was 35$ Instead of the usual $25. And, it was supposed to be a gift...

RE: Re: We love discounts too! But, let's get creative: What other new benefits would you like to see fr

I second this!

VIBs should get 4 samples

Rouge's should get 4 samples plus an extra offer code!!

(We do spend a ton of money exclusively with sephora, and other companies are getting more generous with their perks, so should sephora!) 

Also, I really like the rouge extra special promo codes but I would do them more often, like once a month.

Also, if you were to train the SA's to do makeup better, or have a few that specifically do facials and some that only do makeup and let them really excel in those specific jobs we might feel more like using the 'free makeover perk' because right now I am kind of scared to!

🙂

From a marketing standpoint though, you guys kick **bleep** already!

That would be great or even 5 samples

• VIB/Rouge exclusive Events
  • Lower the free shipping requirements
  • More discounts
  • Better BI Perks
  • Pre-ordering for products for VIBs
  • More events in San Francisco/Bay Area region. I MEAN THE HEADQUARTERS ARE IN SAN FRANCISCO FOR CRYING OUT LOUD!

Not just events in SF, but actually notifying members who make purchases in the area that there's going to be an event. I'm so butthurt I missed the Marc Jacobs at the Powell St. location! (Shakes fist at Sangova)

Most of the time Sephora's events are weak sauce, but I would've gone to that Marc Jacobs thing.

😄 No no no, no fists! I promise I'll let everyone know if I find something exciting going on in SF area next time 😄

btw, are you going to the Rouge event at Powell str Sephora? 

LOL, yeah I am.  9 am is kind of an early call time but I'm going to try to make it.  Haha.  See you there?

I second your last point! I feel like San Francisco is always missing on events, even though there're so many HQs!

I feel like most of the events are in New York! I check and I'm like oh Union Square! WAIT, NEW YORK.

(Well Sephora SF are on Powell St. and Union St.) I use Bart so I always go on Powell, which carries a hell of a lot of product! Love that location!

I love them too! But I don't go downtown too often now, so I'm mostly shop at Stonetown location. BTW, I loved that Sephora on Powell has (or at least had before) Armani makeup! I don't understand why they don't sell it online though 🙂 

Powell still has Armani! 

631 Replies
testing