Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Trending at Sephora
|

Re: We love discounts too! But, let's get creative: What other new benefits would you like to see fr

I agree with the trading in of points. If I spent $1000, trading in all those points for at least $50 shouldn't be so bad. 

Re: We love discounts too! But, let's get creative: What other new benefits would you like to see fr

There are simple things that could be done.

1. A t-shirt. A cute v neck (or crew neck but they make me feel like I'm suffocating so..yeah) shirt for VIB and VIB rogues. VIB T-shirts could be black with white writing on the front or back, Rogue t-shirts could be red with white writing. 

2. Makeup bags. Having random cute little makeup bags (empty) in black (VIB) or red (VIB R) would be great. 

3. Student discount. Jo-Ann fabrics has a card they send out that you just fill out your information for and show to the cashier along with your student ID card for a 10% off discount. Something like this would be great for beauties in school.

4. Lanyard. Simple, but hey, a lot of people need 'em and they're cheap to make.

5. Comfy sweat pants. I feel like if Sephora just had a simple little clothing thing going on on the side it would be great. But I know a lot of beauties like to lounge around in comfy sweats, so why not? Maybe not for free, but at a discounted rate or something.

6. Recycling program. MAC has back to MAC, so maybe Sephora could so something similar? If you bring in a completely used palette, primer bottle, foundation bottle, what ever and get a discount (10% maybe?) off of an item. Or even if you bring in multiple items offer a large discount or getting an item up to a certain value for free? 

Makeup bags!! Great idea!

I'm not sure if this was suggested already as I'm not reading 480 posts just to find out 🙂

How about offering more deluxe samples to VIB and Rouge members?  

Surprise gifts would be nice. I know you did the VIB clutch a little while back, something similar to that, but just added randomly to your order/purchase. It could be a one or two times a year thing. Just toss in a small gift, no codes, no needing to ask. Nothing says appreciation like a gift you don't have to ask for. I am not expecting anything crazy, but I bet it wouldn't destroy the company to part with a few deluxe samples.

Have a "Build-your-own" favorites box for the different tiers of the BI program, with each successive tier getting more/higher end options. Say the standard BI box would have 5 items for them to choose from a list (one item for category A, one from category B, etc...). VIB would have 6, either getting to pick 2 of one category or gaining an additional category altogether. Likewise with the Rouge, but 7, you get the idea.

I would love to see Sephora.com come out with a sample box for a price of around $30/mth as a recurring charge. Give us personalized large sample sizes. NO ONE beats Sephora's brand list or your customer service.

Lower shipping requirement. $50 for BIs, $25 for VIBs and of course, free for Rouge.

More promo codes. 1 for BIs, 2 for VIBs, 3 for Rouge.

I definitely agree on large samples with purchases for VIBs. I've purchased from Bobbi Brown online several times recently. They had promotions of buy ANYTHING and get free shipping and a deluxe sample including a small lip gloss, mascara, and face cream--like actual jar size/travel size, not just a packet.  I'd like to buy through Sephora to contribute to my VIB level, but all I get through Sephora are tiny little single pack samples.  I understand this is a business and you can't give away larger samples all the time to everyone who wants them, but travel size samples to VIBs with purchase seems reasonable to me.

I love free samples! Things I've never tried before, wouldn't think of trying. Make me fall in love with new products!

How about super sneak-peeks of new products? I don't have much time to come to the store, but if we got pictures in an email, that would be something.

I agree with others who've said that we need more point perks -- I like the idea of saving 100000 points for a unique beauty weekend, but I don't think that's gonna happen soon. 1000 seems like a good amount, even 5000 is doable.

Full size products! Even if its just from the sephora collection

Anonymous Insider

i'm vibrouge and i honestly don't really see any special "perks" of being a member.  i know sephora isn't required to do these perks or special events, but for someone who lives far from a "popular city" where the events are usually held, it seems kinda...idk...unfair/pointless for me. i would def like to see maybe the use of MORE THAN ONE promo code for vibrouge members, please! thank you! 🙂

Definitely more promos in stores and free samples 🙂

Anonymous Insider

maybe a free gift card for five dollars on birthdays? I love the birthday gifts but you can always add more, more beauty insider promotions not just for vib and rouge

Anonymous Insider

I want to be able to use more than two gift cards in the online checkout.  What am I going to do with those $1.49 card values?  I've got a stack of $5 codes here, too.  Please let me use them together!  

I'd like a better contact system so we know what promos are going on in-store and not just online and how they can be redeemed. I was in my local store last week and they had a VIB-only Benefit box. The SA told me it was in-store only and came with a foundation purchase. How are we supposed to know what offers are open to us as VIBs if we're never told? I'm not the type to wander into Sephora on a weekly basis but it would be an incentive to go in if I knew about the promos.

That's a nice promo I never heard of. Sigh, just like the Skincare make your own kit at SiJCP. By the time I found out about it (on BT), all the best stuff was sold it. So yeah...a heads up on events would be great. Maybe they're on the VIB emails I don't receive...lol

Anonymous Insider

free gift offers, maybe a beauty insider shirt? more holiday promotions free samples Free free free is always good!

Anonymous Insider

rewards-small makeup samples of eye shadows, tiny blushes, tiny lip balm, tiny eye liners or small make up applicators, small amount of fake lashes...

certainly more ethnic geared colors in makeups here...

more selection in manufactures products...

I would like to see more sales.

What about offering discounts on particular products if we redeemed points for a sample of it? For example, if someone spends 100 points on the Too Faced Primed and Poreless sample, maybe they can get a 10% discount on the full size product if they choose to buy a full size.

Also, it would be great if VIBs got free shipping on orders over $25. So BIs get free shipping on $50, VIBs get free shipping on $25, and Rouge members get free shipping on anything.

What about a college student discount? As much as I love Sephora, I'm on a grad student budget (I know I can shop drugstore but I have very sensitive, acne-prone skin). Maybe give a 5% discount if a BI/VIB/R checks out with an .edu email address. You can limit the number of times the discount can be applied or ask for other proof also.

Offer more % off sales for VIBs and Rouge! Two sales a year isn't enough, especially since individual brands (and another large retailer of prestige beauty products) offer 20-30% off Friends & Family discounts several times a year. Brands come out with new limited edition merchandise every spring, summer, fall, and winter. How about a sale in each one of those seasons? In the past, you have lost some of my business to others because I don't want to risk a product that I want going out of stock before you have a sale.

My other suggestions are similar to what others have said - offer better samples (no fragrance samples! these should be deluxe sized and offered as 100 point perks!), and allow customers (at least VIB and Rouge) to use more than 1 code per order.

Sorry that turned out to be a lot longer than I thought it would be lol!

I love these ideas!

I love this. I'm Rouge and so far it has been a sub par experience. I would love any of these. 

testing