Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Trending at Sephora
|

Re: We love discounts too! But, let's get creative: What other new benefits would you like to see fr

it would be nice if sephora let us recommend which products should be used for the point perks,

Anonymous Insider

Re: We love discounts too! But, let's get creative: What other new benefits would you like to see fr

The only thing I can even think of is the occasional % off discount. I LOVE sephora, but usually have to settle with going to Ulta simply because I can save a lot of money there with their bi-annual "20% off your entire purchase" coupons. 

A second one might be to get employees to specifically ask someone if they would like a sample of something (when they see the customer checking out a product). Some employees at my local store are so friendly about giving me a sample before purchasing, but some make me feel very uncomfortable about it so now I'm afraid to ask at all. 

I think the Beauty Insider program is great! However, if new benefits were added, here are a few I wouldn't mind seeing 🙂

- you get points for reviewing a product; just a product you have bought, however, so that people couldn't just go around falsely reviewing as many products as possible

- free shipping for anything over $25 for VIBs

- I agree with the 2 promo codes for VIBs

- a Christmas gift might be nice, hint hint? Although not necessary, the birthday gift is wonderful already 🙂

In general I am very pleased with this program!!

I read a lot of these and don't see myself using a lot of the "perks" that people suggested. (Just me, just trying to give honest feedback.)

I do think it would be cool if VIBs got free shipping all the time, or at only $25?

I also think it would be neat if VIBs could use two promo codes, or at least one regular promo code and one VIB promo code? Maybe even if we did have to spend $25 or $50, but if there was at least an option to do this.

In the store, I've had Sephora employees complain to me (on more than one occasion) about VIBs being difficult to please (before they knew I was one, obviously). I think they felt bad when they found out I was one because I don't seem like a rich soccer mom and I was nice (they were obviously stereotyping). (Note: Employees have always been extremely nice and helpful to me - but I'm also nice to them and not demanding, just saying.) I'm not sure Sephora employees have the right attitude about VIBs - they expressed an attitude that seemed to think we (VIBs - not me specifically) were a huge hassle to deal with, not someone who keeps them employed. 😉

These days, i always find myself shopping in Nordstrom more than I shop at Sephora. Coz i can basically split my orders and get tons of samples and GWPs. I don't have to spend $50 just to get free shipping. I can buy a Mac Foundation Pump alone and i'd get 3 samples ( like deluxe sized Chanel samples that's been going on this week at Nordstrom). Maybe that's the reason why i don't reach VIB status here in Sephora. I just see the point on spending a $100 just to get some cheap deluxe samples when i can spend $35 on a minimum on Nordstrom and have an awesome GWP with full sized items. What I buy here in Sephora are just specially curated kits that are exclusive to Sephora and that's all.

I'm not a VIB and yet I feel bad for those ladies with the VIB status coz they spend a lot and they get only cheap-o stuff most of the time. I don't feel like there's a clear distinction between a VIB and Beauty Insider. One of the reasons why I'm happy and content on just being a Beauty Insider.

I wish that Sephora would at least revamp their VIB rewards system. At least as a way of saying thanks to those girls whom you own your business' existence to. They deserve more.

Details please..... what's going on at Nordstroms???? What location is giving out Chanel samples???

Thanks for your reply..

I'm not sure if Nordstrom is giving out free deluxe Chanel samples in stores. But I know online if you make a beauty purchase they're offering 3 Chanel deluxe samples with your order. Limited time I believe. I made an order last week on Nordstrom and got to choose 3.

Thanks!!!!

maybe special late nights open and exclusive events/classes 🙂

Yes!  TJX has a rewards program in my area (as a pilot) and the perk is a special shopping day each month- usually Sunday mornings, and they bring in merchandise just for the event.

Sephora could so blow that out of the water.

i would like maybe like an exclusive magazine maybe? sent to my house with deals like how ulta does with the coupon on the back.

Maybe like VIB classes? like free makeup and technique classes where people from the brands or makeup designers can teach us new things or more about there brands

Along the lines of this, years ago, when Sephora University opened in SF, I heard from some associates at the Emeryville and downtown SF stores that Sephora was thinking about having classes for customers there, but I think that it never materialized, which was extremely disappointing.

Who wouldn't love a $25 card on their birthday. I just don't think it would be plausible. How would they prevent people from registering under multiple email addresses and entering random dates as their birthdays in order to receive extra gift cards? They would have to implement some sort of verification process (i.e. recording your drivers license number and using as service to verify your birthdate and that you haven't already registered). Then all that information would have to be stored on a computer somewhere and brings up privacy issues. I would be happy if they just provided a few choices of the gift they give you on your birthday. 

I do have to agree that if you compare the perks from frequently shopping at Ulta and Sephora, Ulta is hands-down much better.  Even if you only spend $50 a quarter at Ulta you get your choice of full sized perks (even if it is only say, a free nail polish)  Still, it is a FUN program to participate in.

I am both a VIB and I consistently get very high-level rewards at Ulta. I would echo others saying you should research your competition better, because VIB alone is not an incentive to shop.  I never have to work to make VIB status, because I consistently spend on products, but if I was "working" for it, i would question whether it were worth it.

It would be wonderful to use more than one promo code.

I don't find "makeovers" to be a compelling perk for VIBs.  When we reach this level, we know our stuff and know how to do our own makeup.  I never utilize this service and probably never will... it holds much more allure for makeup newbies.

OMG your point about the makeovers is SO true.  Not only do most of us know how to do our own makeup by the time we get to be VIBs, but the associates only seem to know how to do eye shadow for very western eyes.  I have thick monolids and getting a full face done by people at Sephora has always turned out to be a disaster for me.

I agree with the suggestions already posted. Better and bigger samples would be a huge bonus. I would also appreciate getting more than one when I visit the store. I was in the store just last night and I didn't get even one sample. I need an incentive to go to the store instead of shopping online. Samples drive future purchases, that's why companies such as Clinique have their gift with purchase events. VIB would love to have a similar gift when we make a minimum purchase. I know I have purchased several items because of a deluxe sample I had the opportunity to try.

I would love to see more opportunities to win products from the stores and online. Maybe doing more of those swatch your eyeshadows and 100 ppl will be selected as winners. Or at the check out counter in the stores we could enter our name in a raffle thats free or a dollar can be added to your purchase total and as a BI you are entered to win a deluxe/full sized product at the end of the month. But the catch is that you have to be a beauty insider to enter so that we can feel a little extra special winning a product that not just anyone can get.  

More opportunities to earn bonus points.

i laugh every time i take the time to do the survey on my reciept after a store purchase because it says did the staff make me feel like a VIB? how the heck would they know im a VIB? they treat everyone the same at the store... there is really no special perk at all! I dont like Ulta but i find I get more free stuff there with a purchase and its a bigger size than what a 100pt perk from Sephora gives! makes me upset just a bit!

Why can't the 500pt perks be 100pt perks?! 

20% off!!!!!!!!!!=)))))

would be great.

testing