Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Trending at Sephora
|

Re: We love discounts too! But, let's get creative: What other new benefits would you like to see fr

I'd just like to see more consistency with electronic communications--emails, access to the VIB board, etc.  I can't get to the VIB board though I made VIB several weeks back and if I don't receive emails then I won't know about any VIB offers.  I'll be dead in the water.

Other nice thoughts:

1.  Not treating BIs or VIBs who have to order online like red headed stepchildren.  C'mon--give us the same perks as other BIs or VIBs already!!!

2.  Let us use more than 1 promo code.  I personally think everyone should be able to use 1 code for a $25 dollar order and 2 codes for a $50.  VIBs should get 1 extra code just for being a VIB.  This would allow us to use VIB free ship codes on small orders, for example, and still use a code to get a deluxe sample if we ordered over $25.

3.  Give us access to more samples when buying online--someway, somehow.  Just figure it out and do it!

I do feel a bit out in the cold since I had to move away from a Sephora store.  Now that I have to purchase online (or drive 1 1/2 hours or so away just to shop) I really miss the ability to just go into the store, browse, get a sample made up just for me, etc.  Think of all your customers who are relegated to online shopping.  Think of what we might like and what will keep us coming back.  I'm sure you can come up with something.  🙂

Re: We love discounts too! But, let's get creative: What other new benefits would you like to see fr

I would just like to say, to the post by whigrose, behind my own, she has some wonderful ideas! She has been on both sides of the fence, whereas, I'm primarily an online orderer since my nearest store is an hour and a half away too!  The choices of samples, add some deluxe in there to choose from, using more than 1 online code. It's totally do-able, and those that live far, will be much happier when that box arrives at the door!

I want to be that eager, filled with anticipation when I know my order is arriving, because, as VIB, I know I was taken care of! It's important to know that the $ signs are just not that! It's the BENEFITS that come with spending all the $ we do! I feel as though I'm out in the cold as well!

Free shipping for VIBs... ❤️

YES, YES, I agree with increasing the amount of points per $ spent when you're a VIB! I also do not live close to a Sephora Store, so I have to "plan" in advance, with my shopping list (that I cannot get, a whole other issue) prior to visiting the store. Most of my purchases have been online, and shipping is expensive, so sometimes I do not order because I wasn't going to order $50 or more. To return items via mail takes forever.

I agree with changing the point rewards more frequently, and making them better as well. I LOVE to stock up my points, and used 500 for a small set for my mother to try. Needless to say, allergy set in with a product, and 500 pts down the drain. I would love to see more of a larger selection, as well as, larger sizes, and a middle ground point reward....200 or 250.

I think as VIB status, there shoud be more "benefits".....Whether it's a 20-25% off quarterly, or 10-15% off purchases of x amount of dollars on a consistent basis, or even in store event (which I'm not totally familiar with since I'm new) where if you had a CMA and made a $50 purchase, add in a deluxe size sample or 2. It would increase your business, as well as making VIB's feel appreciated for the $ we spend, and just a little more special 🙂

Re: We love discounts too! But, let's get creative: What other new benefits would you like to see...

I'd like to suggest for VIB birthday celebrants to receive maybe a postcard or email for a discount for your entire birth month or 30 days from your birthday of let's say 20-25% off entire purchase along with the bday freebie. 

Maybe a BFF day...bring yourself and a friend for makeovers and receive complimentary samples of mini versions of something or a pre-release of a new product.

On Facebook there used to be deals for making purchases on Fridays. This would be nice to see in store. If there was just a random day chosen where customers would get a little extra something in their bag with purchase. Or with purchases of X amount or more.

I'd like to see larger 500pt bonus items as well and more tantalizing or varied 100 pt items they don't seem to make an often enough rotation.

Re: We love discounts too! But, let's get creative: What other new benefits would you like to see...

A 20-25% off coupon to redeem during your birthday month is a great idea.

I also agree with earlier posts that compare online shopping vs. shopping in a Sephora store. Why aren't shoppers entitled to 3 samples when they shop in store when they get this perk by shopping online? My shopping experience should be the same regardless of which venue I use to make a purchase. Not getting samples in the store is one of the main reasons why I shop online but it is a lot more convenient to go to the store; I live in Southern CA so I have a lot of stores in my area and don't have to wait for items to be shipped.

If there is an item in the store you like, you do have the option of asking one of the associates to make a sample of the item. They will place a small amount of the product in a plastic container for you. The good thing about this is that you get to try exactly what you want instead of waiting and hoping that Sephora offers it as a sample online. So here's an idea: When you shop online and collect 3 samples, why can't 2 of the samples be the prepackaged ones and the third sample could be whatever you request, just like in the store. This would be great for an item that could be deposited in a plastic container like skin care items, shampoos, tinted moisturizers, foundations, etc. That why you at least get to try one item that you really want.

Here's another idea: Wouldn't it be nice if Sephora partnered with its vendors and business partners to give VIB's discounts for those companies? For example, Sephora sells Dr. Murad and Bliss products. There are 2 Bliss spa's in Southern California and one Dr. Murad spa. I think it would be cool if VIB's could earn points to receive discounts on spa treatments at those facilities.

Also, Allure publishes a Best of Beauty Awards list every year and the list is featured on Sephora's website after the winners are announced. How about giving VIB's a 20% discount for those of us that purchase at least one of the items from Sephora?

Lastly, there's a magazine called New Beauty that sends its subscribers a beauty testtube a few times during the year. Its filled with deluxe sized samples. It would be nice to send VIB's something like this at least twice a year. Samples are fun and they introduce us to products we would have never tried. I can't tell you how many items that I have now and enjoy because I received a sample of it (and would have never tried it otherwise). Giving more and better samples ensures that customers will continue to shop at and be devoted to Sephora.

You can't go wrong with samples, they're always fun to try. I like ordering online because there are samples with every order (plus codes) but when you go in store, no matter how much you spend, you don't get any little extras. maybe for spending $25 or $50, you could get a sample included. the one time I received a sample in store, it was for a pea-sized amount of sephora-brand lotion, nothing I was really inclined to purchase.

I'd also like to see better 100 or 500 point perks. I saw some great ones in the past, but the ones now pale in comparison--which is why I'm holding onto my points. I liked the 200-pt perk idea, it wouldn't be a bad idea to make that a regular thing 🙂

- Free shipping on $25, not $50; actually, this should be standard to be more competitive with other sites.

- Early access to sale items.

- Offer VIBs 4 samples instead of 3 at check-out.

- Upgrade the 500 pt perks. I've had 1000+ points in my bank and elected to drain my balance by placing multiple orders and selecting 100 pt perks because selecting 5 individual 100 pt perks was TONS better than one of the 500 pt perks.

- Let VIBs select more then one 100 or 500 pt perk at check-out.

Fix the VIB program so that it works for all your VIB's - many of us out here don't actually EVER get any benefits, because we can't get the emails.

Premium samples for VIB's

Any special products for BI's - I was a BI for a long time, and there were never any BI only products available.

Additional premium samples for VIB's for hitting a spending amount - ie, spend $50 get one type of premium sample, spend $100 get a better one.

Better 500 point perks - and display them BIG in the stores. That way the BI's know what they are striving for and make them want it!  Some of those little things in the acrylic display are sad, sad, sad.

Free shipping for VIB's - they have after all, spent $500 with you.  I don't know how Zappos does it, but they offer free shipping to everyone.  This would be a HUGE perk to those makeup mavens who have already spent a small fortune, and continue to get them to shop online.

I agree with all the suggestions to add levels to the VIB program - 1000, 1500, 2000 points etc... then offer them awesome gifts that you can only get through the program (special limited stock/edition items, colors, sizes, pro brushes, makeup rolls, train cases etc...).  These people are spending beaucoup bucks, and are make-up junkies (speaking from experience) - they would be tempted by exclusive items.

Champagne shopping event, after hours with discount for these high level VIB's (choose the level that makes sense - $2000, $3000 ect...)

Brush Bonanza month - once a year, offer VIB's discounts on brushes or points for brushes.  

Overall, the point is to keep customers loyal only to Sephora and NOT to stray to other beauty stores... make them feel like they should continue to build their points with you instead of going elsewhere.  

Anonymous Insider

What I'd really, really, really like is more contests/sweepstakes that are NOT on facebook/twitter.

Ways to earn free beauty bank points!

I think that sephora should offer something special for beauty insiders for their birthdays.

I think that better choice of perks would be awesome. 

The idea of a point system would be neat too. Some clothing stores do a "punch card" everytime you spend a certain amount that visit and then you recieve a coupon for 15% - 25% off your future visit once you have filled all the punches. that would be awesome to see all year round outside of the point perk. ( i wouldnt suggest real cards that someone has to punch and initial. thats just askign to be ripped off. i would some how link it with the beauty insider points where customers could keep track of it online and then get an emailed coupon)

I also think that the store its self should be encouraging customers to try products and giving them samples of the products that they tried that day. Had a lovely time in a sephora store when the artist was bubbley and offered to give product samples.

It's one thing to see an artist put the product on me its a whole nother experience to have to repeat that on my own.

I think it would be really stellar if Sephora did a small kit of makeup samples tailored to the individual person's tastes, complexion, eye color, etc...  Like say each kit had a tiny pot of Sephora eyeshadow, a mini-liner, an illuminator/bronzer/blush (whichever), a lip product, tiny mascara, some type of skin product (lotion,wash,masque,etc...) and then maybe a fragrance.  That would be an above and beyond way of making each customer feel special.  And, it would introduce customers to new products, which being that they are specifically targeted towards accenting each person's qualities, they would be likely to purchase in their larger sizes in the future.  Making tiny little gift sizes wouldn't really cost that much, and I think the return to both the client and the company would far outweigh the cost.

I for instance, live well over an hour from any Sephora store.  There are many products I am really interested in, but I would like to test them out first and make sure they suit me and compliment my features.  Being that I have the opportunity to visit the actual store usually twice a year (and spend close to $200.00 each time), this would be a great way of encouraging myself, and those other folks in my boat to feel more comfortable purchasing online too.  I don't know how many times I visit this site, put a bunch of stuff in my basket, but never end up actually ordering. 

How about something for our half birthdays? This will not only give us an extra perk, but it'll also bring us in to browse around!

Or maybe a perk of BI's or VIB's to always get a random sample during an in-store purchase!  I know we can ask one of the cast members to make a sample for us, but sometimes it feels like the cast members get annoyed when we ask. Also, it's nice to be able to try something new that we never thought of!

I love this idea.

HI! 

I would like to get some points for writing reviews!! Reviews are super helpful and a lot of other Websites give you some bonus points for writing them.  

Anonymous Insider

VIBs 2 free makeovers in a year and for BIs 1 free a year. 

I like the idea that someone mentioned a $25 gift card for their birthday month. 

The gift for the birthday week could be a little bigger

BI only products (whenever I click it says there aren't any yet)

And someone mentioned for the points perk, I think there sould be more selections, even for the 500 pp, maybe also 1000 and upwards too

And I liked the idea someone else mentioned of buying like a bag or something from Sephora and showing it at checkout to get a discount of some kind.

Also, more coupons.  I spend a lot when I go to the Sephora store and online and I have no coupons for anything

I'd like something like back2mac, where packaging can be returned for full sized products. maybe with he sephora brand?

that time you gave full size shampoo if you brought an empty bottle from any brand in was awesome (didn't get to participate in it, but sounds like a great idea).

also, better point perks. the deluxe samples are offered with a coupon code as is, so it's not special to get one as a perk, especially since everyone gets those with coupons. some places offer discounts based on points earned, that would be nice. or trading points in for full sized products. $500 is quite a bit to spend in one place after all.

ability to use several coupons at a time. i remember when we oculd use 3. those were fun times.

free shipping on orders $25+ wiating to need $50 worth of makeup at a time is a hassle because you always run out of things at different pace and i don't want to stockpile.

makeovers/events in store. that's always fun.

birthday giftcard in addition to birthday present and holiday giftcards would be awesome.

i, personally appreciate any surprise. the element of unexpected or unknown is a lot of fun (i think that's why subscription services are doing so well now). not sure how that can be applied here, but something to think about

I'd like to see more ways to customize samples you receive; it really bothers me to receive stuff I can't use. I never use fragrance, and I have dry skin, so oily skin samples are worthless. I can't just go in to Sephora to try things because I don't live anywhere near a Sephora.

I DO really appreciate that Sephora added filters to reviews; I'm over 55 and how a product works on someone 20 or 30 years younger than me just isn't relevant.

Thanks for listening!

I would love Heart  to see something like what the dept stores offer.  A free gift with purchase every month.

Those are always exciting to get!

As someone with over 2500 points, I would also love to see rewards set for 1000 points. 

I particated in the skin rewards program and I had really liked it. That could be brought back.

testing