Sephoraadmin

We love discounts too! But, let's get creative: What other new benefits would you like to see from Sephora’s Beauty Insider program?

[ Edited ]

kssweetheart

Re: What new benefits would you like to see from Sephora’s Beauty Insider program?

More gifts with purchase & special promotions. Special discounts if you purchase more than one of a certain item - i.e.. you buy 3 eyeliners of the same brand in the same or different colors and get a discounted price on them

paigee

What new benefits would you like to see from Sephora’s Beauty Insider program?

Like a few ladies have already said- FREE SHiPPiNG!! i used to live 10 minutes away from the fabulous South Coast store but now that i've moved to Hawaii the closest one is about an hour and a half away and i don't go to "town" even once a month sometimes where as i'd be at South Coast 2-3 times a month. And truth be told i would go into Sephora every single time and usually get at least 1 thing, needed or not. Now that i have to pay for shipping i try not to browse online except for once a month or so. I'm excited for Bday gift this year because i think most of us are ready for a new one! :smileyhappy: A 100 point perk that i thought was well worth it was the MUFE little bag. LOVE! i already had everything in it so it's just in my travel day bag but i love it. Something else that i think would be great is the nail stickers! Maybe as a 100 point perk, i've really wanted to try some but don't want to spend the $ on them. Another option that might be fun to see is a 500 point perk to be a FREE hour makeover/lesson at a store (for those who live close enough) i think that would be fun. Almost all the artists that have helped me or done my makeup have been amazing. Lastly, like others have said, make some of the "best sellers" in sample size for either perks or samples at check out. <3

Also- props for asking for feedback! That is great and nice to know that you care what your customers think since most of us spend wayyy more $ on makeup than most people can wrap their heads around and we'll keep coming back for more as long as we're happy :smileywink:

jxw200

Re: What new benefits would you like to see from Sephora’s Beauty Insider program?

free shipping would be awesome! for vib's at least...

i agree that better perks would be great - i have so many 500 pt perk items that i've not touched, and I would have much rather gotten a certificate to spend in store 

i actually loved the skincare rewards program last year and tried a ton of skincare products because of it (both rewards and purchases) also some of the spring vib perks were great as well. 

sara505

I agree with a lot of the comments. I think it would be great to see better 100/500pt perks. I've never been particularly interested in the samples they offer and I think a coupon would be better. Samples do have their benefits because they can expose customers to a product that they might not think to try on their own, but that shouldn't be a reward for spending their money. Samples should be given out upon request or as someone mentioned perhaps through a program similar to Birchbox. As someone pointed out those samples are usually given to Sephora for free to promote a brand. I understand that this is a business and to give away free full-sized products or gift certificates to every BI on their birthday would be excessive as there is not a minimum purchase requirement to become a member and I am sure there are an obscene number of BI's. However, perhaps offering something different to your VIB's. Anyway, changes or no, I love Sephora and will continue to shop here. I just hope there is a product of interest when I reach my 500pt perk soon.

titi1969

I would like to have a choice for the birthday gift or a...

I would like to have a choice for the birthday gift or a change. The Philosophy Birthday Cake product is nice but it has been the same for years now.
prosarab

Re: I would like to have a choice for the birthday gift or a...

(0) Hearts

Hi Titi1969,

For 2012, we have a brand new BI Birthday gift. It's awesome and trust me you will love it. Stay tuned:smileyhappy:

Best,

Sara B

Sephora Pro Artist

hydee77

I would like to see more than one 500 pt perk to choose from at checkout and of better quality as well.  It would also be great if we could select more than one 100 pt sample per checkout too. Another thing I would like to see are sneak peeks of items before they come out, perhaps in a newsletter via email because to me, that's what being a beauty insider is about, knowing things first.  It would be great to see more value sets that are available to BI's only as well, anytime I check there is none available.

lowrah

A program like birchbox.

I'm considering getting one of the many beauty sample boxes, but there are so many (and so many good and bad reviews for each) that it's hard to choose. If Sephora offered one, it'd make my decision easier!

nanobear18

exclusive deluxe samples you get with purchases. you coul...

exclusive deluxe samples you get with purchases. you could change the sample every month.
coolmom3

Sephora bucks for every amount spent. For example, For ev...

Sephora bucks for every amount spent. For example, For every $100 spent get $10 Sephora Gift Card. I love the Insider Specials, but the last three I tried to get were gone before I had a chance! :smileysad:
muffinpop

I was thinking for the 100 point perk a $10 gift certificate or 20% off coupon and for the 500 point perk, beauty insiders could pick one full sized product from a collection of most raved about or wanted products. 

goldenbeachbum

Sephora cash. For example, for every $100 you spend you get a $10 giftcard or something, or 50% your next purchase. I spend a lot of money at Sephora and better deals would be great! 

mdelrosario91

NOOOO, $10 for every $50 spent is much better :smileywink: 

(I'm just teasing!)

(No, but seriously, $10 for every $50?!?!!)

prettyinpa

Have a weekly Beauty Insider Special. The specials seem to be only every couple of weeks, and they haven't been too thrilling lately. How about a set, like a good brush set or skincare set, at a really reduced price, not just a couple of dollars off? Like your Black Friday specials, only once a week (and independent of Facebook Friday specials, I don't do Facebook).

Also, how about better 100 point perks?  The Clinique so called deluxe sample of moisturizing lipgloss was mighty skimpy, IMO. Since this is actually a promotional item (to tempt us to buy the full sized version) it would be nice if we didn't feel like we wasted $100 worth of points on a skimpy product. 

coley

Offering more "Free Shipping" promotions would be great!  As someone else already mentioned, a lot of large companies (Nordstrom, LL Bean, Von Maur, etc) are now offering free shipping at all times -- with no minimum purchase.  Awesome!  I realize free shipping at all times may not be possible, but a few more offered per year would be nice.  :smileyhappy:

Also, more variety from the 3 free samples with online orders.  I used to love the variety a few years back, but the offerings seem to be going a little "downhill."   :smileysad:  I do appreciate receiving the free samples (thanks!), but would love to see more offered.

kumoko

[ Edited ]

More offers for Canadians, please! I can't even tell you how many times I've gotten excited about a new offer, only to be disappointed after reading the fine print... :smileysad:

I think the birthday gift card is a really good idea, too. :smileyhappy:

Oh, and being able to choose 3 samples in-store like we get to do online... I always have to ask for samples when I buy something, and then they just grab one random thing and throw it in the bag. :smileyindifferent: It's not always something I'll use, but I don't want to be annoying and ask them for something else. But that's not really a new benefit, I guess, just something that I think should be done differently.

mivargas

better and bigger samples.  i have sensitive skin so i can't enjoy free samples of bubble bath or perfumes or new exfoliating creams....

kcmarie

It would be nice to to have a monthly deluxe sample sent to beaty insiders with nopurchase nessecary.

blushes88

(0) Hearts

that would be super

dallas88

2 pts for every dollar spent
berniebeauty

I understand that Sephora is a business and therefore they need to make a profit. A business strategy is though, o use perks to lure people in. That is a tactic Sephora has been using, and very well, in my opinion.

If I were to add perks, I would make it so beauty insiders get extra choices for the 100 and 500 point rewards.

I understand that they can't have many products be exclusively for us, because they would make less money than just offering it to everyone. Maybe instead we could get "previews" of items, so we know about it, and then it goes up to everyone 2 weeks later.

Also, it would be fun if they offered gift wrapping during December if you shopped in stores. I would pay extra, even, to get that special feeling of someone wrapping it so you walk out of the store with prewrapped gifts.

I do appreciate the perks now, but having some more would be beneficial in my point. Sephora could advertise these new perks as

New Beauty Insider Perks!

Best time to sign up!

and such. It would gain more beauty insiders, who generally buy more so they would gain more profit. You get what you give sephora.

~~We are all beautiful~~

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 617 replies
  • 1477 hearts
  • 440 in conversation
    • Sephoraadmin
    • emmielou
    • AmyC
    • runy
    • katie1724