Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Trending at Sephora
|

Re: We love discounts too! But, let's get creative: What other new benefits would you like to see fr

Pssst...Sephora is cheap.

Anonymous Insider

Re: We love discounts too! But, let's get creative: What other new benefits would you like to see fr

permanent doublepoints for beauty insiders + Christmas gifts,halloween gifts

Anonymous Insider

I am throwing this out on the table, as I just thought about it a few seconds ago. How about  a Catalog Sephora has made up yearly , or even quarterly, of full sized or speciaty items that is sent out to everyone once they become Rouge. Each item in the catalog is worth a certain amount of points and a Item number to be used once a Rouge has the amount of points to cash in for the catalog item. It could be done other ways too, instead of a printed catalog, a special website could be used to browse the items and the points can be redeemed on that website. These items could even include other items, not just make up, but for example, hair accessories, beauty tools, facial kits, gift certificates, ect.

Something with a structure system to be used based on the above idea.

Anonymous Insider

I must say that this is a splendid idea! Different little makeup bags and deluxe samples that we can trade in rewards points to try.  I also like the idea of trading in points for gift cards in the amount of $5, $10, $20, and $25.  As for the points I want to say like 625 points for the $25 and so on.  And a chance to win a gift every now and then would be very nice!

I actually really like the idea of a Rouge catalogue - even if it were a once-a-year, holiday themed thing, the idea of shopping through a printed catalogue makes me really excited.  It could work by offering items as point perks (as you mentioned I think) or as the elusive "Rouge gifts" than none of us have seen yet lol - or it could be a promo code!  This is a really interesting thought, thank you for throwing it out here!

Anonymous Insider

The thought I put out there on the board was simply an Example of a structuring system, it is not meant to be an exact amount of what I feel things are worth. I used to work in promotions for a company and ideas got thrown around all the time and people simply showed examples, as I did, Showed an Example. I believe that this is what the thread is for and not for bashing others thought of the moment or taking an example as it is a wrong thing and should be ignored just because you do not like it. There are plenty of ideas I find to be worthless in my mind but I do not dismiss them or publicly speak that they are " stupid " or " redundant " by using other words or phrases. An idea is an idea. I have thousands of ideas about many things and I am sure other people do too.

I agree with emmaclaire below. I do not think veronika23 is "bashing" you. She is saying that many others agree with this idea and then adding on to your point. It was not an insult to you.

Not to be redundant, or even "redundant" ... I think you are inferring the wrong thing.  Perhaps people noted that your idea had been mentioned before not as an insult or slight, but rather to note that it's an idea that several people have had, ie: it's popular.  This thread has been around for a while and no one likely has time or inclination to read through the whole thing.  So take the comment at face value, don't read into it or be defensive, and realize that it was just probably thrown out as 'hey, it's a popular idea!'

soooo.. what is your suggestion to see from the program since you posted under it?? The only thing I am reading is someone shot down your ideas... but have yet to actually see an idea from  you for Sephora to improve its program. Please try to stay on topic instead of just coming on to complain. 

IMO, the "only one promo code per order" shouldn't apply if one of those is from the VIB welcome packet. I think one of the codes should be permitted to be used along with online promos for deluxe samples. I honestly don't think Sephora is giving anything away, customers reaching VIB status have already spent a good chunk of their own money to get there, and it would be a nice perk to get the 10% discount or free shipping along with an extra goodie.

In case nobody has suggested it: TESTERS in all stores, even JCP ones, for most products stocked at most stores or online. I hate not being able to test items not sold at the local JCP Sephora. It's not necessary that the item actually be stocked at that store, but give me the option to swatch it and try it. If I could try everything that interested me, I'm sure I would BUY MORE and RETURN LESS.

Anonymous Insider

for our point / perk selections, it would be nice if we coud save them up ,instead of just picking samples smaller than we are currently offered and be able to redeme them for money off on a purchase. Start at , say, 1500 points = $10 off  of a purchase, 2500 pts = $20 off of a purchase, 3500 pts.= $30 off a purchase.

Doing something with a structured system like that. Im currenty a VIP ROUGE  for this year, qualified for VIB ROUGE next year and close to being one for 2016 and I just got the nars iluminator promo and it is smaler than anything I have yet to see, it is only 0.07 oz. For people who do spend more here, the items would be nice if they were bigger than a 1 time use or let rouges get a different scale, similiar to the one above for trading in points.

for example, a rouge would get the following : 1000 pts.= $10 off a purchase, 2000 pts.= $20 off, 3000 = $30 off

Something sort of a system like this ( leaves alot of room to structure and set the way Sephora would want it )

I have alot of ideas, but right now this one seems the most logical to me.

Anonymous Insider

I do love the point for coupon idea! I know another competitor store that does that, and I do utilize that like silly! 🙂 Love it!

Great idea, Sultry!

That idea has been mentioned a bunch of times before.  I know I personally have brought it up plenty of times. 1000 points for 10$ off isn't a lot.  Think about it. You spent 1000$ to get those points.  The 500 point perks are usually valued at around 30$.  It should be more like 500 points for 50$ off.

Agree.  The rewards should be in line with what other retailers offer.  Both Gap and Pier 1 give you $10 in rewards for every $200 spent (using their card, of course).  Essentially, a 5% discount, which I think seems fair enough.   

I like this valuation better. 🙂

Anonymous Insider

And that's ok it's been mentioned. There are 590 replies to this thread, I'm sure a lot more has been mentioned more than once. Sometimes, I too, get so excited with an idea I come to respond and don't read the other replies ahead of time. This thread was also started on 2011. It's ok to occasionally repeat an idea; perhaps the more Sephora hears it, the more they'd be likely to implement it or throw it around the board room?

I mean, sure the structure Sultry came up with, may not be what others view as accurate, or Sephora, but it was a great idea nonetheless, whether Sultry first stated it or other people. Great minds do think alike. 🙂

I think veronika23 was just fleshing out the example that Sultry gave, not disagreeing or discrediting in.  I actually thought both comments were really helpful in the sense that Sultry reiterated a popular suggestion (thus alerting the mods that there is still a lot of interest in that idea) and veronika23 stepped in to clarify that it was a great and popular suggestion, but that we shouldn't feel bad asking for more bang for our bucks.

Anonymous Insider

Same thing I was stating! 🙂 I would love an incentive like that instead of samples.

I never was disagreeing or discrediting in anyone's statement either. 😄

Gimme coupons for my moneys Sephora. Hopefully the persons who mentioned the idea, and everyone agreeing will get their wish fulfilled soon. 😄

Oh, ok!  Sorry then, I didn't mean to seem defensive, I just picked up on some tension and was hoping to minimize it.  Looks like I may have accidentally created some - my bad!  

And heck yes, coupons!  That's where the attention should really be! *hastily tries to distract from putting foot in mouth* Coupons, I say! 

Anonymous Insider

Tension Smension...

The only thing I'm thinking about is, it's Wednesday night and Friday will be here soon! Woop woop!

PS-Still digging that profile pic! 😄

13 Replies
testing