Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Trending at Sephora
|

The one thing I would most like to change about shopping for Skincare at Sephora is...

Re: The one thing I would most like to change about shopping for Skincare at Sephora is...

I work heavy construction in the blazing sun everyday as a crane operator.  By the very nature of my job I stare into the sun hoisting heavy items day in and day out.  I would like to see Sephora gear more makeup towards men (face, eyes, lips, etc.) to protect us and improve our appearance WITHOUT looking like we are wearing makeup; the makeup should be waterproof / sweat proof too.

My daughter is a model and she talked me into going into the Ala Moana Sephora store here in Honolulu a couple months back for a makeup consultation because she is worried about the toll the sun is taking on my face and skin and worries about skin cancer.  However, the store assistant manager and sales representative embarassed the hell out of me by telling me they "don't do old men!"

I'm only 48 and don't look that old.  So working online is apparently the only way to go about this and make my daughter happy without getting the hell embarassed out of me in public again.

Thank you for your time.

Re: The one thing I would most like to change about shopping for Skincare at Sephora is...

@milkluvr: It is unfortunate that you had such a bad experience. If you post a question about skincare to the boards, many members of the community will jump at the chance to recommend products to you. There are a lot of products out there that work for both men and women and we will be glad to share our experiences with them.

Here is my recommendations for mature skin: Peter Thomas Roth makes an excellent skincare line called Un-Wrinkle. There is a starter kit as well as lip and eye products that really work on wrinkles and mature skin issues.   You are probably aware that wearing sunscreen is the best protection for your skin, I use LaRoche-Posay Anthelios SPF 60 which is a good non-gooey one for everyday. The Kinerase line also has good skin products, the C8 Peptide Intensive Treatment and C8 Eye treatment are 2 excellent products.

Please do not give up on skincare, it is great that your daughter is so supportive of you, and I am sure that many members of the Beauty Talk community will be happy to help too!  GL

Anonymous Insider

to have the product testers be kept cleaner, last time i went there was caked up product all over the bottles, it was disgusting.

Anonymous Insider

I would like to be able to order everything together.  It is extremely inconvienent to have to try to split up the order,  I get a stack of these as gifts and would like to be able to use them together.  Anyone else think this is a problem?  🙂

Anonymous Insider

Let me know when I can expect something that is out of st...

Let me know when I can expect something that is out of stock to be in stock and I don't see a place where I could sign up for notification when items become in stock. Love the store/site!! 🙂
Anonymous Insider

givenchy le prisme blush

givenchy le prisme blush

i would love to be able to buy trial sizes online, since i dont live anywhere near a sephora. i would even pay a dollar or two for samples, if they were available in anything i wanted to try. im hesitant about buying expensive products without being able to try them first, and i think id spend alot more if this were available!

Anonymous Insider

the price of the products

the price of the products are too expensive!!! Basically the ingredients are the same as less expensive drugstore brands. Sephora sure does know how to make products irresistable though, C'mon DRAGONS BLOOD? I didnt know they existed, wowwee

But, still if I had unlimited funds I'd buy it.

I would like to see a high quality, reasonably priced nat...

I would like to see a high quality, reasonably priced natural exfoliating cleanser with jojoba beads.
Anonymous Insider

Re: I would like to see a high quality, reasonably priced nat...

Make your own!  Buy jojoba oil at Whole Foods or at any Health Food/ Herb store, add sea salt and and an essential oil such as tangerine or lavender and voila!  A great exfoliator.  Tea Tree Oil is a gentle, therapeutic, skin conditioner and antiseptic -  add Tea Tree oil as well.  Good luck1

More samples of skincare products! Before investing, we n...

More samples of skincare products! Before investing, we need to try the product.

Re: More samples of skincare products! Before investing, we n...

I agree! Make up is so expensive thse days, and perhaps if there were samples to try first, we would be more willing to invest our hard earned cash! I know I would!

Anonymous Insider

I like to change the color swatches. I would like to see a real color photo of the actual product or smear on white paper as example....but REAL...not implied colors. Thanks!

Anonymous Insider

sanitary issues, anybody could walk into sephora and stic...

sanitary issues, anybody could walk into sephora and stick there fingers in the product.

To have the products tested on my actual face, not the to...

To have the products tested on my actual face, not the tops of my hands.

more advice for older women!

more advice for older women!

you should be able to take a survey about reactions (posi...

you should be able to take a survey about reactions (positive and negative) that you have had from past products, and then get recommendations based on your results, much like a doctor trying to deduce what is and is not working

Offer more To Go (small sizes) products (especially in sk...

Offer more To Go (small sizes) products (especially in skincare) so we can try them w/o spending on the full size.
Anonymous Insider

I wish Sephora would carry Phytomer and Skinceuticals; they are both fantastic lines with products for every skin type and concern.

I wish I got as many samples while shopping in stores as I do when I shop online, samples are a great way to try new products and I often buy the full sized product after using a sample.

279 Replies
testing