Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Trending at Sephora
|

If Sephora offered a complimentary in-store Makeover to celebrate your Birthday, would you go?

Re: If Sephora offered a complimentary in-store Makeover to celebrate your Birthday, would you go?

I agree with what some other epople have said that a discount would be much better! I've been a Rouge since December and I've never gone for a makeover. I'm scared that they'll mess up and make me look awful or I'll break out from the products/brushes. I'm not sure how well they clean things before they use them on people!

Re: If Sephora offered a complimentary in-store Makeover to celebrate your Birthday, would you go?

I think it depends on the store. The one I go to, the girls are pretty talented. One of them has won for competitions...

Its good to try "different" looks and techniques that I might not think for myself. Sure not all of them are amazing, but sometimes I learn a thing or two. How someone else sees you is interesting, they might see something or do something out of your comfort zone but it might not be so bad when you actually do it.

I DO understand about the cleanliness issue. I saw one girl not clean her brushes which made me nervous. The one girl I normally go to is super clean and I usually ask her for recomendations on the other girls if she isn't available 😛

Definitely!

I used a complimentary makeover when I was upgraded to VIB Rouge.  The girl at my local Sephora didn't really do anything I couldn't do at home.  She actually made some major mistakes that I had to fix before I went out.  Over all a huge waste of my time.   

I would say no, I've had makeover coupons which I never used. I would rather have a free sample or discount. Unfortunately, Sephora doesn't offer any privacy when getting makeovers or consultations. You're in the middle of the store where everyone is walking by and seeing everything. It's just not my thing.

I will agree with the other posters that a birthday gift or bigger discount is more of a treat than a makeover. The only store in my entire state is inside of a mall that is over run with teenagers. The sales staff have to take too much time monitoring for shoplifters, and even while with me at the beauty studio, they will get up and leave to help other customers or "check up" to make sure no one is stealing!

It is incredibly hard to feel special or pampered when you get ditched repeated by SA's in the middle of creating a "look."; not to mention pretty darn rude. 

A makeover would definately not work for me!

I'd like a $10 off coupon like they do at Christmas. I never use the percent ones because I normally don't buy enough at one time for them to take more than a few dollars off a purchase. By the time I pay for shipping or gas it doesn't make it worth it. 

I like the idea of a makeover but I've never redeemed one. Calling ahead and making an appointment is difficult because my store is a few towns over and I never know when I'm going to be up there to do it. I'm not likely to make a special trip even though it sounds like fun. 

Probably not.  I did the makeover once.  On top of the fact that I left with a huge rash (not her fault as I have sensitive skin and did not even think to tell her to limit new products to one), I did not like the way I looked when I left.  I tend to do my makeup with a more natural look, and she went a little overboard.

I like the idea of choosing your own deluxe birthday perk.  Having more mascara than I can possibly use, I would not have chosen a kit that included yet another one.

probably not... i live in the middle of nowhere, making a trip to sephora typically involve a long drive...

Same here.

Anonymous Insider

No, going to an actual Sephora store is a haul for me,I am talking a drive that would take a few hours in total. I think getting 1 free item of choice, up to a certain price, would be great or letting us pick the colors of the items or item they give out as a birthday gift. Just a thought..I have not read the responses to the post, I am just answering the question.

Anonymous Insider

I'd love it.  As a crossdresser I need all the help I can get.  I love the attention and suggestions the excellent  the makeup artists at Sephora give me. 

I'd much rather see a discount offered. I'd also like choices for the birthday gift instead of the same thing for everyone. Maybe not a huge difference, but having minis available and getting to choose the lippie that suits you, or a flattering eyeliner or something would be better than a one size fits all approach.

I think I'd rather get a bigger discount than the usual 15-20%. Either that, or a deluxe size free product that you could actually pick.

I'd love to have a free makeover if I'm not a rouge in the next few years.

Like everyone else, I would still want my gift.

This is not a perk for Rouge members...we already get it. It may be nice for the BI's or VIB's though. I would personally prefer a freebie of some sort. I can never have too much makeup.

No, but thanks sincerely for asking the community for feedback.  The makeovers have never been incentive for me.  I've never redeemed one, and have no interest in doing so.

Either way, since both you and I are Rouge, it would not make a difference!

Yep, true.  The question isn't specifically targeted at the Rouge community though, and I don't mind if they offer it as a freebie to VIBs on their bdays.  But, even if I was a VIB, I wouldn't be interested. 

I agree with some of the others in that I would prefer a deluxe sample or coupon.  I like doing my own makeup, so I never take advantage of the free makeovers at Sephora.  In fact, I just threw out the free makeover coupon that came in the VIB kit.   I did use the 10% off and free shipping ones though.

I would rather see a discount or freebie! A makeover is nice, but I am not close to a Sephora, so making it to a store for a makeover can be difficult (esp. when you only have a certain time period to use them).

660 Replies
testing