Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Trending at Sephora
|

If Sephora offered a complimentary in-store Makeover to celebrate your Birthday, would you go?

Re: If Sephora offered a complimentary in-store Makeover to celebrate your Birthday, would you go?

Probably not.  I've never had good luck getting makeovers at beauty counters and yes, even at Sephora.  Those ladies really really like mascara.  And blush.  It's never good when you get a "makeover" and your husband asks, "What did you do to your face?"

Re: If Sephora offered a complimentary in-store Makeover to celebrate your Birthday, would you go?

No. Especially if I have to come in *on* my birthday to get the makeover. I've never liked other people touching my face (dirty hands, dirty brushes) and past experiences were just all around bad for me---the makeup people makes disgusting faces when they ask me what products I use (even if they are very expensive high end brands that work perfectly), they point out "flaws" that I never knew I had and push 10 products at me that I don't need/want/didn't come in for in the first place....as a birthday gift....I don't want to be pushed into buying products I don't want/need. Nothing is free in this world anymore. Plus, even though its a gift, I'll bet you anything that you will still be expected to buy something, highly doubt that the makeup people will be thrilled with spending time on your free makeover and then watch you leave empty handed.

I would love a complimentary makeover, but I also like the birthday gift.  I especially loved the Sugar set this year.

Absolutely. As long as that's along with the birthday gift and not instead of.

Anonymous Insider

I am with the others as well: as long as the free gift is still included.  Makeovers can be fun and all, but the gift will last much longer than the makeover.

I would probably be interested but as the former gals said not at the expense of losing the birthday gift. I always thought Sephora would benefit from giving free makovers; e.g. allowing one per month, per customer by appointment.  The easiest way to convince me to buy something is to show me how good I can look in it. Putting a limit on the allowance keeps the privellage from being abused by people who might simply come in constantly and never buy but expect to get their makeup done.

Depends what plans were in store.  For a more casual get together or fun little night out, maybe.  Out of town or not close by, probably not.  

If it eliminated the birthday month gift, I probably would not be as enthusiastic.

Agree with ran8; not really a fan of makeovers.  Maybe a choice between the gift or the makeover?

Totally!  That would be fantastic!

Definitely! What a cute and fun idea. Count me in 🙂

testing